New NVC cases for Jan 2002

New Process for CP in India and Viet Nam only . . .

I recently called the NVC and asked about the new process.
I was informed that the new CP process of returning PIII back to NVC rather than the Consulate will apply for Consulate Processing in India and Viet Nam.
This site is used by many Indians, but there are also many from other parts of the world for whom this information may be helpful.

No Title

I called at 8:15 am EST and an officer directly picked the line. Even otherwise, you can hear thru the menu and at then end they give u an option to talk to the officer. Choose that.

No Title

Chennai Consulate. It has got nothing to do with any particular city, its the Country on the whole. She asked me if I was from India and then she said that I have to go thru the new process.

No Title

I140 Approved on Dec 18th, case received by the NVC on Jan 3rd 2002.
Not yet entered in their system.
INS:Nebraska
Chennai consulate.

The operator told us that we have to go thro the new process.

Shanks

Do u guys think this new process is going to cause delay..

Is there anything that we can do before the case reaches NVC..keep any documents fille up..I am just trying to be proactive here..

And can any one of u pass any internet site where u read about this and the corresponding time lines...

Thanks

No Title

Does NVC schedule the interview as well before forwarding our papers to the resp consulate?
I read something like that in this thread.

Please clarify.

Yes....

You will send packet 3 documents with the fees to St. louis. They will receive the payment and forward the case to NVC. NVC will schedule the interview and send you packet 4 once it receives and verifies the content of the file from St. louis. It will then forward the file to the consulate.
I spoke to NVC today and case not created yet. The lady told me that attorney will receive packet 3 after 6-8 weeks of RD of case at NVC. In my case, RD is Dec 18.

Is it the same packet-3

When u mean PACKET-3. is it the same thing as before...

DS-230 PART1 , OF-169 AND I-134/I-864..

or has it changed..

thanks for ur info..
In that case we can keep it ready and send it to St louis as soon as NVC gets our case..there by we dont want to wait 6-8 weeks...

No Title

Thanks CANIGETGC!

So does that mean, what ever the consulate was doing earlier will be done by NVC in the new process. Have I understood it right?
Earlier, only after the consulate receives the packet 3 from us, the consulate schedules the interview and sends packet 4 to the local address. Hence, in the new process, should we expect packet 4 to arrive to the U.S address where we currently reside?

Also, once the interview is scheduled, does that mean our visa number is alloted?

If anyone has any information on this , please post.
Thanks in advance.

Roundthecorner & Canigetgc

I went thro this thread again and found some contradicting information. roundthecorner has mentioned that the NVC will review the packet 3 and will send it to the resp consulates and the consulates will take over from then on. But CANIGETGC has mentioned that NVC schedules the interview dates and sends Pkt 4. If you could post as where you got this information from, it would be of great help to predict how long it is going to take to get an appointment.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

No Title

When I spoke to the NVC officer, she specifically said that they would forward the Pk3 to the respective consulate and from then on its the normal procedure. The consulate will fix an appointment date and send Pk4 to the local address (if you mention it). She also said that we can communicate with the consulate once it reaches there.
  NVC giving appointments is news to me !

my case was recieved on dec 14

No case yet. Guys lets update cptracker.com so that we can see the progress of NVC at one plance
thanks

update CP tracker

Hey guys,

In the Cp tracker, Gopal has his case created in NVC..

His details are ..
i-140 approval - 12/18
case reached nvc 1/4/2002
case created -1/7/2002..

going by above facts...it seems nvc is pretty fast now..

Anybody knows gopal ...please confirm the same...

No Title

Did Gopal got the case info thro AVM or thro the operator.
When does AVM gets updated after the case is created?

Anybody, any idea?

Thanks,

baba66

baba66...did u speak with NVC officer...did he say that they are going to speed up the process..
also do u have know any time lines

When will NVC create our case??
How lomg will it take to get Packet-3??

Also, what are the doucments in Packet-3.Initially it was DS 230-PART1,OF-169 ,is it the same??

How long will it take NVC to send our case to consulate after we send the completed PACKET-3 to NVC???

Thanks

shanks_75

When we spoke to the operator, we just found out that our case was recieved on 1/3/01 and that we have to go thro the new process.

I have the same questions that you have raised. Infact, I have raised a couple of questions in this thread regarding the new process.

If I come across the answers to your questions, I will certainly post them.

Thanks

hi

i am heading to india for a surgery...my email id is richderm@thefreesite.com..

Can u please give me ur email id, i can ask my cousin to write to u and find out about the status..that way I can make sure that my case is heading in the right direction..

Thanks