New NVC cases for Jan 2002

I just spoke to my lawyer

Guys,,I just spoke with my lawyer..he says the process is still not changed..its the same...We need to send Packet-3 to consulate..
He said there are no changes for Employement based petitions and consular processing...

I am totally confused now...why cant we get a clear scenario..

i have to fly to india on saturday 12th..
shanks

Whats going on here !!!!!!!

Whenever I spoke to NVC operator, they asked me specifically whether my case is employment based case. Then they confirm that I have to follow the new procedure.
Can anybody please confirm with NVC.

Spoke with NVC

Spoke with NVC today, she said by end of January they are sending the equivalent of P3.

On asking specifically, are all Indian consulates are alpha or beta posts, she replied, so far all Indian consulates are beta posts and they are going to be aplha posts. She also mentioned that since in their computer it has not been programmed that way sofar, wait and upon receiving equivalent of P3 follow the instuctions inidicated, wether to send P3 to NVC or consulte.

To one other question, when can I receive my P3 or equivalent, after 4-6 weeks from the date they receive my I-140 approval (my I-140 was approved on Dec 31st, NVC has not received it so far).

New P3 system

Hi guys see this link http://www.murthy.com/UDdoscha.html

The P3 is now replaced by new \'Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants\' and the P4 is named as Appointment package for Immigrant visa appicants\'. I think the delay in creating the cases by NVC may be due to this new procedure. The new procedure came out around mid-december and all approvals after that are waiting. I think they may be waiting for clear direction with the new procedures.

here\'s what ROn Gotcher says

just found this on imminfo.. dont know what to beleive any longer.

Topic: Time comparision of old way v/s new way (1 of 4), Read 47 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:03 AM

Ron,

For a person applying to Mumbai, would this be a fair estimate ?

Lets assume I-140 approval data Jan 1 2002

In the old way, the NVC would receive the 140 on 10 Jan 2002, send the P3 out on Feb 10, the person would mail it to consulate on Feb 20, consulate would receive it and schedule you for April 2002.

In the new way, the NVC would send the P3 on Feb 10, the person would mail it to St. Louis on Feb20 ( along with ORIGINAL documents), NVC would get it back by March 20, review documents by May 1, send the case to Mumbai May 15 who then schedules you for an IV appointment in July 2002.

That added 8-12 weeks more from the original process. Would this reasoning be correct ?

Thanks.

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic | Entire Topic
Topic: Time comparision of old way v/s new way (2 of 4), Read 43 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:07 AM

Under the current system, it takes the INS about two months to get the file to the NVC after they approve the I-140. The NVC then sends a packet 3 to the applicant, with instructions for the applicant to complete it and forward it to the consulate overseas. If the applicant acts promptly, the total time from I-140 approval until consular interview is about 150 days (five months).

Under the new system, the NVC will send documents to the applicant with instructions to return the completed documents and a check to the NVC office in St. Louis. That office will receipt the check and forward the documents to the NVC in New Hampshire, which will then forward them to the overseas consular post via DHL courier. Figure on about another two to four weeks being added to the process.

Ron Gotcher
The Gotcher Law Group, PC
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Question regarding PD being current

If our case is created in the system at NVC and packet 3 is sent to the applicant, are we safe even if PDs retrogress?
In the new process, it looks like it will take 5 months to get the interiew date. I am wondering, if PDs retrogress by then, would we be affected?

Please post if you have any information on this.
Thanks.

No Title

you are safe only AFTER you get the interview date. AT that point, the consulate if supposed to reserve a visa number for you. If the dates go back before that, you will have to wait until your PD becomes current again.

At best we would get a 15 days window (from the time they are released, 15th of X month to the time they take effect, 1st of X+1 month) to file a 485 if we want to.

hi

roundthecorner..did u get ur case created...how long do u think it is taking for case to get created and the packet-3 to be received from attorney after I-140 gets approved..

shanks

NVC RD:12/21/01....case created today 1/14/02

Called NVC today and I was told that my case has just been created today and I was given a BMB case number.

Called just now.........

They say case will be created any time.....
She confirmed that interview is scheduled by the consulate not by NVC.I was thinking otherwise.

My case was created yesterday NWD200251(((((

My I 140 AD is Dec 3rd.BTW. How long does it take for pkt3 to arrive from NVC. Does anyone know?

Case Created

My I 140 AD was 12/11/01, called NVC today and came to know that case number was created yesterday(01/14/02). She said P3 will be shipped in another 6-8 weeks(????)....