New NVC cases for Jan 2002

Hi vsc_dhavam,roundthecorner Question for you

Hi Guys,

When i call NVC, the AVM says \'We are unable to access the case information\'. This is what i\'m gettting.Before creating the case you guys got the same message. your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Can i change from I824 to I485

My I824 was approved on jan 15th and i like to change from CP to AOS can i do that if yes what\'s the process

Thanks

My NVC Case has been created on 01/15/2002. AD 12/27/2001

The operator told that my NVC case has been created on 01/15/2002.
NVC RD: 01/02/2002
I-140 AD: 12/27/2001

Yes you can

You need to apply for 485. It seems to be a pretty easy move - mere applying of documents, from what I had heard - unlike transfering from AOS to CP.
But I am curious. Why do you want to take AOS?

I would say the delay will be around 3 months - though not too sure.
RS

At last........case created at NVC

Case created at NVC on Jan 15,2002.
NWD2002XXXXXX
was told that packet3 will be mailed in 4-6 weeks.

Does NVC new process apply to all countries?

Does anyone know that NVC\'s new process apply to all countries?

Or just as some previous email said that the new process (via
St. Louis instead of consulate office) only apply to some
contries?

I asked my lawyer about this issue, they said they have not received
any information to change the process flow.

Thanks.

case created & asked about originals

My case was recd. & created sometime this week (140 AD was Dec. 11) ubt AVM was not updated. Lady said 4-6 weeks for next packet.

I asked the lady about originals/cert. copies. She said for India most probably we dont have to mail these to NVC with P3. We take them for the interview as before. I hope that\'s true, it would be a relief.

I140AD, NSC: Dec. 20, Case not yet reached NVC....

Don\'t know what is going on?...... any body in a similar situation???

Mine too... Case not reached

I-140 NSC AD-Nov,30th. Case not reached NVC. Don\'t know what to do. Be in touch

Will checking the case status at NVC delay it?

Gurus, please answer:
A case number has been created by NVC on 01/15/02.
1)When can I expect Packet 3?
2)Do we need to send the Police Certificate Documents alongwith Packet 3 to NVC?
2) a) I have applied at the Indian consulate here. Do we need to get Certificate from District Police Authorities too?
3) My lawyer says not to check up with NVC, as this might delay the case. On the other hand, I feel, with a huge clientle they have, they cannot give individual attention to each case, so there will be a time gap and unless I keep checking, I wouldn\'t get advance information.
4) Is this what will happen next? Once Packet 3 reaches lawyer, they are supposed to mail back the filled up forms to St. Louis office, which after some delay forwards them to NVC, which in turn sends them to the consulate.
Thanks
RS

Will checking the case status at NVC delay it?

I dont think checking will delay your process..at least VSC has the
record of calls, but NVC doesnt seem to maintian one such record..So its just checking some stuff in the computers..
1.pkt 3 -- 2 to 4 weeks from case creation
4.NVC now, will review all your documents atleast the W2\'s and 864 affidasvit of support and stuff and only then it fwds it to the consulate..so there is a ray of hope that the consulate now should not
take long time to give an appointment.

Did you guys apply for PCC already or waiting to get Packet 3?

I have not applied for PCC yet. I am just waiting to get P3. Case is creaded on 1/15/02. I am thinking there will be lot time for interview after sending P3...Anybody in the same boat?

Case created at NVC

Unsure about the date it was created -- I-140 approved Dec 6, NVC RD Dec 11. NVC Case Number NWD2002514XXX

Case created on 1/15/2002....

Oprator said that Instruction Package will be mailed out in 2-4 weeks. Compeled packet should be mailed to st. Louis with a fee of $276 each [me and my wife]. After processing they\'ll send it back to NVC which will forward it to the consulate.