New NVC cases for Jan 2002

NVC phone no

NVC phone no. is 603-334-0700. You will need you I797 approval notice - receipt number to follow up on your case. It should not take longer than 2 weeks for NVC to create a case for you.

Case created on 1/15/02

I140 approved on 12/18
Case received by NVC on 1/02/02
Case created on 1/15/02

what is I797..When do i...

get this approval immediately following I140 approval.

Otherwise how do i follow this NVC stuff once my i receive my I140 approval notice.
Please do update me about this if you have information...

I797 form is the I140 approval notice.

You can track your case with NVC using the I140 receipt no.

Which Service Center

can you pl.indicate which service center approved your I-140, seems like CSC takes longer time to forward the case to NVC.

Mine got approved on 12.31.01, but NVC has not received yet, NVC says check with them after 90 days from AD, as indicated in approval notice.

tnx,
MBM

NSC

The service center is NSC.
cptracker.com should give you an idea of the time frame for each service center.

This sounds great -- frankly the most clear info I have seen on this board .....

regarding the new NCV CP process. Thanks a ton.

No Title

Thanks, good post. Do you have the complete list of documents we need to send to St Louis? In particular, are the packet 3 forms still DS-230 part I and OF-169 or is there some change in this (there was some news of P3 and P4 being renamed recently). Also, what supporting documents do we need to send to St Louis (NVC)? Do any certified or photocopies of birth/marriage cert. and especially PCC need to be sent with P3?

In short, a complete list of documents needed to be submitted to NVC would be very much appreciated.

Do we all need to wait for pk3

My lawyer called NVC and got my case number then just filled out the
forms which they have at hands. Then they sent the completed documents
to consulate and did not wait for the pk3 arrived.

I wonder if the new process apply to all countries, or just some
countries?

Thanks!

great posting guys

Thanks a lot for the clear info..
Now we need to find out if the PACKET-3 is same as before..can we be proactive and send it to NVC before even we receive it..

Thanks a lot
shanks

When to expect interview dates for P3 sent to St Louis in Jan

I\'m wondering if the Consulate has cases scheduled for March right now. I mean, no one has recieved the P3 in Jan yet; and most people who sent P3 to consulate in December received Feb dates. So when will we, who expect to send P3 to St Louis in Jan or early Feb, get the interview?

PCC woes

Sorry Guys,
  I know this is not the right thread. But Since all of us have to obtain PCC, I thought I might get a better response.
Has anybody who had sent the documents this month got PCC? I had sent to Washington DC, Fed-exed on Jan 9th. I come to know that THEY MIGHT BE FAXING THE DOCUMENTS ONLY TODAY! Even that the lady isn\'t very sure.
Is there any way to reach somebody and expediate the entire issue?
Also what is the amount to be sent? (Is it $20 per applicant or $40 per applicant?)
Thanks
RS

FYI: If your spouse has not been added to your NVC case....

....you may have a problem. If you got married *after* your 140 was filed, the NVC case created will contain only your name. This may be a problem according to the NVC operator I spoke to. The reason is that when NVC receives the fees from you along with P3, they will be expecting $260 (for one applicant according to their case records) but, of course, you will be sending $520 for yourself and your spouse. The operator stated that the "case may be rejected" (her words) for "overpaid fees".

To avoid this, simply fax a copy of the marriage certificate with a cover letter clearly stating the case number, your name, your spouse\'s name, and briefly stating your request, to NVC (fax #: 603 334 0791).

Packet 3

Has anybody received packet 3 from NVC for new CP procedure?
If so pls post is there any diff with the old packet 3 or do we need to send any docs to St. Louis etc.
Thanks