N400 Tracker For Memphis /TSC

Congrats Bigdave. Pretty good turnaround time in Nashville from Interview to Oath.

Thanks. I had called the district court early last week to see if they knew when I could expect my oath. The person I talked to said it was likely I would be at the end of June. So was pleasantly surprised when I got the letter.

They said there are 2 ceremonies in Nashville each month. Here are the upcoming dates for June/July that they gave me.

June 26th/27th
July 24th/25th

Took oath today - Memorable ceremony - Will cherish for life

Memphis DO / TSC

Mailing Date: 05/03/2007
Received Date: 05/07/2007
Finger Printing Date: 06/14/2007
Interview Date: 02/28/2008 (Notice date 12/14/2007 recd. on 12/21/2007)
Oath Notice received on: 04/11/2008
Oath Ceremony completed: 05/01/2008 (Applied for the US Passport today as well).

Thanks to everyone on this thread. Can't believe it has almost been a year since I applied for citizenship and started reading this thread. Well time flies faster as one gets older I guess. Good luck to everyone.

Sathish

Guys, applied US PP on May 1st (regular processing), got it just now along with the certificate. My wife's hasn't come in today but hoping tomorrow. Pretty quick turnaround for regular passport processing.

Has anyone had any recent interviews in Memphis? I have mine the 22nd of this month... Also does anyone know of upcoming oath ceremonies?

oath cermonies in memphis ?

Has anyone had any recent interviews in Memphis? I have mine the 22nd of this month... Also does anyone know of upcoming oath ceremonies?

I also asked the same question earlier. My interview is in menphis on august 21th. I hope someone would know the answer.

Oath Ceremony in Memphis on July 18th-USCIS office

Memphis DO / TSC

I already took oath on May 1st. My wife's was delayed (Had to go back to sign the photos again in May 08) and here is the status of her application.

Mailing Date: 05/03/2007
Received Date: 05/07/2007
Finger Printing Date: 06/14/2007
Interview Date: 02/28/2008 (Notice date 12/14/2007 recd. on 12/21/2007)
Oath Notice received on: 07/03/08
Oath Ceremony scheduled: 07/18/2008 at the USCIS Memphis office at Virginia Cove.

Sathish

I just got back from my interview...

Officer asked for my green card, DL and passports (she did not look through my passports at all)

She asked me to tell here my address and phone number and if there were any changes to my application. She asked my if I have ever registered to vote, if I owe any taxes and if I was a member of a communist party, if I have ever been arrested or in prison.

She asked me to write " I want to be an American citizen" and to read to her "The process is almost over"

She had me sign my photos and handed me my N-652 and said I was apporved and should receive my oath letter in the next week or so.

Overall, it took about 5 minutes and was not stressful at all. The officer was very pleasant!

Are there any people on this forum who have Memphis as their DO? It seems as though there is extremely low participation from Memphis...

N-400: I live in the state of Arkansas. My DO is Memphis. I had my interview in Memphis on June 11, 2008. I was approved and anticipating the oath letter.

Did the IO give you any indication on how long it would take for your oath letter? I am assuming you will have your oath in AR...Also what is your time line?

Last edited by a moderator:
My compressed Timeline

TSC / Memphis DO

Mailed N-400 :07/25/2007
TSC Acknowledged Receipt :10/11/2007 (Due to Backlog)
FP Date :03/12/2008
Interview Date :06/11/2008 Approved
Oath Date: ?

I did call the 1-800 #. They informed me that I should contact them
90 days after the interview.

I made an Infopass appointment. for Aug. 20th to check on my Oath letter. My IO was very sure that I would receive my Oath letter within two weeks during my intrview. Hopefully, it will come before my Infopass Appointment.

Did you talk with a CSR or an IO? If your call didn't get escalated to an IO all you reccieved was lip service from the CSR's since they don't have access to your personal file. I just called USCIS and spoke with an IO and I was told I am just waiting for my oath letter to be mailed since he assumed they are finalizing oath dates. I asked him is my file was APPROVED and he said yes. So I guess I will just have to wait. He told me to call next week and check if no oath letter received.

I do not know what # you called, but I had this # from USCIS website:
1-800-375-5283. I insisted to talk to an IO, but the CSR stated that there were no IO. He told me that the oaths that were being sent currently are those applications that were received at TSC on May 2007 (mine was June 2007). And since the 90 days wait is approx. 30 days away (June 11- Sept 11), and they are processing applications for May '07 (exactly 1 month difference), I think the maths adds. From both perspective, I've one month or less. So, just keep waiting...

You spoke with a CSR and they only tell you generic info. I wouldn't put any stock into anything they tell you. You have to get your call escalated to an IO. Tell them you filed and have not received any receipt and it has been over a month and that will get you to an IO. An IO can look up your case by your A number and tell you a lot more info. I would try that. It doesn't make any sense tghat they are doing oath ceremonies for May 2007...