N-400 San Francisco timeline

I saw in another thread someone interviewed on Feb 27th and got oath letter dated April 15th. In other places, people got to wait for enough people to take oath, on the contrary, in san francisco, we have to wait for the turn of oath, because of too much people.

cookie99 PLEASE I NEED YOUR REPLY, I HAS THE PAST FEB.24,2009 MY INTERVIEW I DID GOOD THE ENGLISH AND CIVIC PART,BUT THE IO TOLD ME MY 2 FINGERPRINTS DIDNT PASS .SO THEY NEED MY POLICE CLEARANCE RECORD.PLEASE .TELL ME I SENT ALREADY MY POLICE CLEARANCE RECORDS ON MARCH 13,2009.HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY OATH LETTER...OR SOME ANSWER FOR USCIS..
THANKS

I had my interview on 3/20/09 in SF. I haven't received anything yet also. Anxiously waiting! Maybe today?

I saw in another thread that someone got oath letter with date 3/18 in the letter. So I guess the letters are processed by batch. I took interview on 3/19, that means I have to wait for next batch and would receive quite late.

Someone else who had their interview on the same day (3/20) also has not received their oath letter. So maybe you're right that it's all batched. Hopefully, we'll get it in the next few days.

So I got a little anxious (even though it's been just a couple of weeks since my interview) and called USCIS to find out if my oath date had been set. I reached an immigration officer who told me another immigration office just put in a request for my oath date this morning! Woohoo!

He said he did not have the exact date yet, because they are waiting for the scheduler to respond to the request. I believe he said that I would receive a letter in the next 30 days. I suspect it will be much sooner than that, any day now, and that he was overestimating to be safe.

The officer was pretty helpful and nice.

I received a weird letter - Please help

I have applied for citizenship and been waiting for 26 months. I received an interview letter last year (August) which was scheduled for September 2008. When I went for the interview I was told that it had to be rescheduled. After several months today I received a letter from the local San Francisco office signed by Robin Barret, (field office director). The letter is not the official interview letter however it states:

Please come to the office shown above at the time and place indicated in connection with and official matter.

Bring with you: Your picture ID, permanent resident card, and all passports.

Reason for appointment: Examination for naturalization.

Anyone have any idea about this? Please help!

Hi everyone,

I received my interview letter today, and it is scheduled in May. It only took three months from the time I sent the N 400 application.

Timeline:

02/06/09 : Mailed application
02/09/09 : Received Date
02/24/09 : Received Notice of Action, Priority date:02/19/09
03/03/09 : Received Fingerprint Letter
03/13/09 : Fingerprints taken in San Francisco
04/06/09 : Received Interview Letter
05/18/09 : Interview scheduled

Oath date set

Just called USCIS and it looks like my oath date is now set for May 5th at the Paramount Theater!!! It looks like it was scheduled on Friday, and the woman I spoke with said I should be receiving the letter any day now.

complete timeline

Here's complete N-400 process San Francisco.

=============
12/16/08 : Mailed application (did not think to use certified mail, so no tracking info)
12/23/08 : Received Date & Priority Date (As printed on NOA1)
01/08/09 : Check cashed, $675
01/09/09 : Received Notice of Action (NOA1), Notice Date: 01/05/09
01/10/09 : Application "touched"
01/20/09 : Received Fingerprint Letter (NOA2), Notice Date: 01/13/09
01/27/09 : Fingerprints taken in San Francisco
02/07/09 : Received Interview Letter, Notice Date: 02/03/09
03/20/09 : Interview
04/14/09 : Received Oath Letter, Notice Date: 04/10/09
05/05/09 : Oath date

I saw in another thread someone interviewed on Feb 27th and got oath letter dated April 15th. In other places, people got to wait for enough people to take oath, on the contrary, in san francisco, we have to wait for the turn of oath, because of too much people.

When did you receive your oath letter?

National Benefit Center

I applied from Orange county and DO is Santa Ana and they are suppose send my appl to California Service Center but they send to National Benifit Center, any one know why they send to NBC.

I applied from Orange county and DO is Santa Ana and they are suppose send my appl to California Service Center but they send to National Benifit Center, any one know why they send to NBC.

What makes you think they are supposed to sent it to California Service Center? The current process is that you send the application to the lockbox facility (in your case Phoenix) for initial processing after which it is sent to NBC until an interview date becomes available at your DO.

Here's complete N-400 process San Francisco.

=============
12/16/08 : Mailed application (did not think to use certified mail, so no tracking info)
12/23/08 : Received Date & Priority Date (As printed on NOA1)
01/08/09 : Check cashed, $675
01/09/09 : Received Notice of Action (NOA1), Notice Date: 01/05/09
01/10/09 : Application "touched"
01/20/09 : Received Fingerprint Letter (NOA2), Notice Date: 01/13/09
01/27/09 : Fingerprints taken in San Francisco
02/07/09 : Received Interview Letter, Notice Date: 02/03/09
03/20/09 : Interview
04/14/09 : Received Oath Letter, Notice Date: 04/10/09
05/05/09 : Oath date

Hi Rilan,

Did you received an N-652 after your interview?

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296663

how is it that for some of you it's taken 2 years to complete the process whereas the general timeline in SF seems to be 6 months. This is a tragedy for you guys.....:confused:

So immigrant7777, you still haven't received your Oath letter? What is the time you have to wait until you can call and ask what's going on? Is it 30 days or more?