N-400 San Francisco timeline

So immigrant7777, you still haven't received your Oath letter? What is the time you have to wait until you can call and ask what's going on? Is it 30 days or more?

It is only three weeks yet and I already called them and been told give them another 1-2 weeks. So, I believe via phone nothing you learn. Since N445 comes from local DOs may be it is better to schedule an infopass after 4-5 weeks. However, I analysis SF timelines for N-652 to Oath letter and saw it takes between 2 weeks to 8 weeks for this DO normally.

It is only three weeks yet and I already called them and been told give them another 1-2 weeks. So, I believe via phone nothing you learn. Since N445 comes from local DOs may be it is better to schedule an infopass after 4-5 weeks. However, I analysis SF timelines for N-652 to Oath letter and saw it takes between 2 weeks to 8 weeks for this DO normally.

Ok thanks. I have my interview on the 18th so I just wanted a rough timeline on when I should expect the oath...

What would be the best parking to use when going for the interview in SF?

I would suggest you to park some where around Embarcadero Street (there is plenty parking places with $10+) and take a taxi or bus to Sansome Street.
It is too expensice if you park around sansome street. Go early and take bus/taxi from Embarcadero.

Please help:
I am new to this forum. I am a young Chinese guy who just graduated from UC. I mailed N-400 to apply for citizenship in January but still waiting for interview letter. I am not sure it was because I changed my first name on the N-400 or because of my age. By the way, I've lived in US for five full years by the end of March!

Thanks!

1/04/2009: N-400 Mailed from SF
1/07/2009: NOA (I-797C)
2/08/2009: FP notice
2/21/2009: FP done
3/06/2009: Case File Review (yellow paper)
??

Please help:
I am new to this forum. I am a young Chinese guy who just graduated from UC. I mailed N-400 to apply for citizenship in January but still waiting for interview letter. I am not sure it was because I changed my first name on the N-400 or because of my age. By the way, I've lived in US for five full years by the end of March!

Thanks!

sfUCguy, What is your full timeline? When did you apply (January 2009?), did you received your FP etc. SF does not provide name change however and it is hard to say if it is going to affect your timeline. On the other hand, I read several places it is affecting namecheck and takes longer. If you already give your FP your namecheck already started and may take between 2 weeks to 2 years. %99 of the cases after 2009 January takes totally 4-6 months. Hope this helps.

??

Ok, then ignore my earlier question about your timeline. It seems you already received CFR. It's mean you may receive your interview letter soon. However, nothing is %100 quarantee with USCIS.

Thanks for the reply immigrant7777.
I found on this forum that someone who applied in mid Feb has already done the interview. But I haven't heard anything new until yesterday and that's how I got concerned.
Two more questions:
1. do you think I should do infopass and talk to an officer in person since the interview letter may lost in the mail and it has been four months?
2. what do you mean by sf office doesn't do name change? my case start with NBC and it's still in the National Benefit Center from the on-linen status check.

Thanks again!

-------------------------------------------------
??

sfUCguy,

1. do you think I should do infopass and talk to an officer in person since the interview letter may lost in the mail and it has been four months?

Infopass most of the time better than calling 800 number. Especially after your file sent to local DO. Yes I will suggest you to schedule an infopass.

2. what do you mean by sf office doesn't do name change? my case start with NBC and it's still in the National Benefit Center from the on-linen status check.

Let me start with a question. What is your local DO? If your DO is SF, they no longer make name changes. Name change needs a court based oath cerenomy etc. SF doesn't do that. Your application center and your local DOs are different things. Once your file is ready to interview they sent your A-File to local DO and from there your local DO takes care. This is why which one is your DO is important.

N400 MAILED TO ARIZONA LOCKBOX FOR SAN FRANCISCO,CA
N400 mailed on february 9th 2009
n400 letter recieved 18th february 2009
n400 finger print letter recieved february 28th
n400 fingerprint done march 5 2009
n400 interview letter recievd march 22 2009
n400 interview on 5 5 2009
n400 interview done and passed 5 5 2009
n400 oath letter???????
Waiting for oath letter
i heard now the oaths are in oakland
dates are may 5th,may 20th,june 3rd and then june 17th
anybody had there interview in the first week of may please let me know

N400 MAILED TO ARIZONA LOCKBOX FOR SAN FRANCISCO,CA
N400 mailed on february 9th 2009
n400 letter recieved 18th february 2009
n400 finger print letter recieved february 28th
n400 fingerprint done march 5 2009
n400 interview letter recievd march 22 2009
n400 interview on 5 5 2009
n400 interview done and passed 5 5 2009
n400 oath letter???????
Waiting for oath letter
i heard now the oaths are in oakland
dates are may 5th,may 20th,june 3rd and then june 17th
anybody had there interview in the first week of may please let me know

Congrats! Give at least 4-8 weeks for OL. Did you received N-652 form with Congrats and suggested to aproval option selected on it?

Congrats! Give at least 4-8 weeks for OL. Did you received N-652 form with Congrats and suggested to aproval option selected on it?

yes they gave me a letter n652 that says you have passesd the english/civics and history test,
congratulations your file is recomended for approval
just waiting for the oath letter i hope it comes soon.