N-400 San Francisco timeline

i am very very very very happy today i just recieved my oath letter today for 3rd june 2009 i am happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very very happy oh my ALLAH thanks it is for oakland,california in paramount theatre.

i am very very very very happy today i just recieved my oath letter today for 3rd june 2009 i am happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy very very happy oh my ALLAH thanks it is for oakland,california in paramount theatre.

Congrats! Interesting, you had your interview on May 5th and already got your oath letter, but immigrant7777 had his interview on April 16 and he's still waiting.

Congrats! Interesting, you had your interview on May 5th and already got your oath letter, but immigrant7777 had his interview on April 16 and he's still waiting.
Each case is unique this is why :) hope I will receive it soon. Also I know someone else done interview at 4/10 and still waiting.

Each case is unique this is why :) hope I will receive it soon. Also I know someone else done interview at 4/10 and still waiting.

But they gave you "Recommended for approval" letter at the interview, right? Did they tell you anything like "Approval of your case will take longer"?

Finally mailed my N-400 today by USPS express mail.
Keeping my fingers crossed. This forum is really great and very useful.
Here are my details
Permanent resident since: 8/12/04
N-400/ DO :San Francisco

05/16/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
xx/xx/09 : Mail received
xx/xx/09 : Check Cashed
xx/xx/09 : Priority Date
xx/xx/09 : NOA Received
xx/xx/09 : FP Notice Received
xx/xx/09: FP Date
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date

I passed my interview today! The IO gave me the N-652 form, and told me to wait for the oath ceremony.

It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was a little worried because I had two 4-month trips but everything went well. I was surprised that she didn't ask for any tax transcripts, or bank statements etc. She asked for my passport, green card and ID. All in all, it lasted about 15/20 minutes. I am closer to the end of my journey, hopefully it will be over soon.

My civics questions were:

What is freedom of religion?
When was the constitution written?
What ocean is on the east coast of the US?
How many senators are there?
When do all men register for selective service system?
Name one state that borders Canada.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I passed my interview today! The IO gave me the N-652 form, and told me to wait for the oath ceremony.

It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was a little worried because I had two 4-month trips but everything went well. I was surprised that she didn't ask for any tax transcripts, or bank statements etc. She asked for my passport, green card and ID. All in all, it lasted about 15/20 minutes. I am closer to the end of my journey, hopefully it will be over soon.

Congrats! You are one step closer to end :)

And guess what! I just call USCIS and been told am scheduled for June 17th for OATH!.... :D Now just waiting for actual letter to arrive to my mail box. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

And guess what! I just call USCIS and been told am scheduled for June 17th for OATH!.... :D Now just waiting for actual letter to arrive to my mail box. :)

Wow. Congratulations. Iam happy for you. So I guess I'll have my oath ceremony in July....

Wow. Congratulations. Iam happy for you. So I guess I'll have my oath ceremony in July....

Who knows :) may be June 17th will work for you. There are some others received oath date in 2 weeks. May be you are going to be another lucky one. :D

On the other hand, June 17th is last oath @ oakland and it will go back to Mascone Center SF again.

Last edited by a moderator:

So, FriscoDude your N-652 checked for Congrats, you case suggested for approval right? Also, could you please put your timeline to your signature so we can see it easily.

Immigrant7777,

My wife had interview on 4/21/2009 and still waiting the oath letter.
I am interested to know what phone number you call to query the case status ?
Is it automated voice system or live person ? How long did you have to wait on the call ?

Immigrant7777,

My wife had interview on 4/21/2009 and still waiting the oath letter.
I am interested to know what phone number you call to query the case status ?
Is it automated voice system or live person ? How long did you have to wait on the call ?

I call 800-375-5283 and then 1, 2, 3 in order to selection from menu.
First level IO usually doesn't have enough info, so ask for second level IO if they can't provide any info. Possible she will be scheduled for June 17th (still a small chance for June 3rd though)

Hello all,
I had my fingerprints taken on Feb 12 2009 and have not heard anything since. I tried calling USCIS but they only tell me that the standard timeline is 7 months and I should call back then. I never had any troubles with law and never been arrested. Any ideas what could cause the delay? Any useful phone numbers to try to get more information?
My file was lost 5 years ago while being in transfer from Sacramento to SF and it took me a lot of sweat and blood to make INS locate it. I am afraid either INS or FBI could mess it up again. Help please?