N-400 San Francisco timeline

What a reliable indicator!

I just got my IL.

Case status failed?

I got the following message when I just checked status. This is the first time I got this. I did FP on 6/28/07 and have been stuck in Name/Background check. Just wondering if it's a sign that I may get IL in the near future or simply a system glitch.

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Finally it is over!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share with you my jurney timeline since did received my 2nd FP last month and received my IL this week and seems nightmare is over.
Here is my timeline:

PD: 2/27:2007
FP: 3/23/2007
2nd FP: 7/16/2008
IL: 7/29/08 (Received 8/4/08)
ID:9/2/08

Good luck to all others. It seems 2nd fingerprint mostly a sign for NC is done and IL is on the way.

Zegon

Anyone received Second FP?

Is there anyone received a second FP and/or IL after long NC?

Please share your journey here for SF area.

Were you asked for BC or affidavit?

I have my interview scheduled in few days. For GC, I had submitted an affidavit signed by my parents as there was no birth certificate. Just wondering what are the chances that I'll be asked for one and how long it'll delay the processing if I don't have it with me at that time.

n400 timeline san francisco

N400 Filed 5/27/08
FP Notice 6/2/08
FP Done 6/22/08
IL 7/20/08;)
Interview Done 8/22/08:D
OL 8/28/08;)
Oath Ceremony 9/09/08:D

Oath date too early!

My wife just received the Oath letter, 8 days after her interview, and scheduled for 19 days after the interview. The trouble is, as I mentioned in a previous post (Jul 17), I am in Europe until February for work, and she just arrived here yesterday. We were already apart for 3 weeks before her interview. Now we want to postpone the oath ceremony. So I ask again for your thoughts on this, especially whether her spending time with me here is a valid reason for postponement. Is it possible to request a specific date range for rescheduling?

Thank you.

Timeline so far:
Applied 2/11/08
FP in Oakland 3/13/08
Interview notice: 7/15/08
Interview: 8/20/08
Oath letter rec'd: 8/28/08
Oath sched.: 9/10/08

My wife just received the Oath letter, 8 days after her interview, and scheduled for 19 days after the interview. The trouble is, as I mentioned in a previous post (Jul 17), I am in Europe until February for work, and she just arrived here yesterday. We were already apart for 3 weeks before her interview. Now we want to postpone the oath ceremony. So I ask again for your thoughts on this, especially whether her spending time with me here is a valid reason for postponement. Is it possible to request a specific date range for rescheduling?

Thank you.

Timeline so far:
Applied 2/11/08
FP in Oakland 3/13/08
Interview notice: 7/15/08
Interview: 8/20/08
Oath letter rec'd: 8/28/08
Oath sched.: 9/10/08

You can request to postpone oath and don't have to give a reason why. Just send USCIS a letter requesting them to postpone the oath until a certain date. Just make sure her time outside country does not interfere with continuous residence requirement.
Others here will advise you not to postpone since it (obviously) causee further delay. In the end the choice is up to you.

My case finally moved along (and fast)

After over a year of waiting and not knowing how much longer it will be, I got through interview to Oath pretty fast:

N-400 mailed - 05/07/2007
N-400 received/PD - 05/09/2007
Fingerprinting notice received - 06/01/2007
Fingerprinting done - 06/16/2007
Service Request submitted inquiring about delay - 01/10/2008
SR response (reason given: FBI name check delay) - 02/28/2008
Interview Letter received - 07/16/2008
Interview done - 08/19/2008
Oath letter received - 08/28/2008
Oath - 09/09/2008 (1 year 4 months since applied)

Cheers!

You can request to postpone oath and don't have to give a reason why. Just send USCIS a letter requesting them to postpone the oath until a certain date. Just make sure her time outside country does not interfere with continuous residence requirement.
Others here will advise you not to postpone since it (obviously) causee further delay. In the end the choice is up to you.

Thank you Bobsmyth. I am curious, why do you say that I don't have to give a reason? The letter explicitly asks for one. Thanks again.

Where to send n-445 to postpone oath?

The N-445 says to "return this form." The address given where the oath ceremony is to take place is 1111 California St.

The service center, as far as I can tell, is at 444 Washington St, with a mailing address at 630 Sansome.

Just want to make sure I mail this to the right place!

Thanks

Thank you Bobsmyth. I am curious, why do you say that I don't have to give a reason? The letter explicitly asks for one. Thanks again.

I missed the part on n-445 were it actually asks for reason why you want to postpone..my mistake. Just provide a simple reason such as "previously planned engagement that can't be broken".

As for where to send the letter, send it to the DO, not the oath ceremony address.

i had my interview in first week of july. the interviewing io told me in 5-6 weeks i will get the oath letter in the mail. it's been 11 weeks since. is this normal? i know people who applied after me and got their oaths taken. any advise?

my priority date is october 2007.

Interview experience San Francisco 9/24

My interview was scheduled for 10:45am, I arrived at 10:15am and was called in at 10:30am. My interview officer, Koreti, was very professional and friendly. We discussed that my husband and i have just bought a house and are moving this weekend. After swearing in, she reviewed all the details on my application. She mentioned that I had travelled a lot in the past few years, which was strange because I have only been out of the country for 43 days on 6 different trips. She kept checking between a piece of paper in her file, presumably some sort of border or Customs record, and the dates of travel on my application. I think there might have been some descrepency between what she had and one date on my application, a 2 day trip my husband and took to the British Virgin Islands (we kayaked from St. John to Jost van Dyke), although she did sign off on that page and didn't even check my passport. She asked for any additional supporting documents, the only new evidence I had was the Grant Deed for the new house, which I handed to her. I mentioned that in my application I had sent everything else, she looked at my husband's copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, taxes and transcripts for past 3 years, car payments invoice with both our names and copy of lease.

She asked me to write "I drove to the store", but can't remember the sentence I had to read out loud. Some of my civics questions:
Who is Vice-President? What do we celebrate on July 4th? What is the constitution? Who was the first Commander in Chief? Why are there 100 Senators?

After all this, she hands me a piece of paper with my Interview Results. The box marked "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval." was checked!! yay! She did mention that my file was being sent to a supervisor for final approval...bummer! I asked whether she thought that, if approved, I would have my oath in time to register to vote. (October 20th is the last day for registration I believe). She said they (USCIS) were aware many people would like to vote. So now i wait for oth letter...hopefully!

Here is my timeline:
6/25/08: Application mailed (based on marriage to USC)
6/30/08: Check cashed
7/16/08: Original Biomentric appointment (rescheduled)
8/06/08: Biomentric Appointment in Santa Rosa CA
8/16/08: Notice received for Interview date
9/24/08: Interview - recommended for approval:rolleyes:

i had my interview in first week of july. the interviewing io told me in 5-6 weeks i will get the oath letter in the mail. it's been 11 weeks since. is this normal? i know people who applied after me and got their oaths taken. any advise?

my priority date is october 2007.

Yes, get an infopass and go over there.

My interview was scheduled for 10:45am, I arrived at 10:15am and was called in at 10:30am. My interview officer, Koreti, was very professional and friendly. We discussed that my husband and i have just bought a house and are moving this weekend. After swearing in, she reviewed all the details on my application. She mentioned that I had travelled a lot in the past few years, which was strange because I have only been out of the country for 43 days on 6 different trips. She kept checking between a piece of paper in her file, presumably some sort of border or Customs record, and the dates of travel on my application. I think there might have been some descrepency between what she had and one date on my application, a 2 day trip my husband and took to the British Virgin Islands (we kayaked from St. John to Jost van Dyke), although she did sign off on that page and didn't even check my passport. She asked for any additional supporting documents, the only new evidence I had was the Grant Deed for the new house, which I handed to her. I mentioned that in my application I had sent everything else, she looked at my husband's copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, taxes and transcripts for past 3 years, car payments invoice with both our names and copy of lease.

She asked me to write "I drove to the store", but can't remember the sentence I had to read out loud. Some of my civics questions:
Who is Vice-President? What do we celebrate on July 4th? What is the constitution? Who was the first Commander in Chief? Why are there 100 Senators?

After all this, she hands me a piece of paper with my Interview Results. The box marked "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval." was checked!! yay! She did mention that my file was being sent to a supervisor for final approval...bummer! I asked whether she thought that, if approved, I would have my oath in time to register to vote. (October 20th is the last day for registration I believe). She said they (USCIS) were aware many people would like to vote. So now i wait for oth letter...hopefully!

Here is my timeline:
9/24/08: Interview - recommended for approval:rolleyes:

Sounds good. Sounds like you're now in queue for supervisor review. Then you will be in queue for oath. Then in queue for a passport. And then you will finally be able to live your life without queues.

Oath Ceremony on 10/15/08

Hi All,

I am now a US Citizen! The Oath Ceremony at the Masonic Auditorium was actually pretty moving, I had a lump in my throat, my mother-in-law cried during the whole ceremony! There were 1461 new citizens from 101 countries.
Most of all I am happy to have made the deadline to register to vote by 5 days and not have to stand in lines for the USCIS anymore.

Here is my timeline:
9/24/08: Interview - recommended for approval
10/03/08: Oath Letter received
10/15/08: Oath Ceremony in San Francisco:D

Oath and passport in SF

Hi all, I recently took my citizenship oath and since I've looked at this thread countless times to get great info, I thought I would give back and provide some information of my own.
-about the interview: was scheduled at 9:15am, got there early, almost everyone went ahead of me (even people who got there after I did) and I was one of the last ones to get called for that morning. Unsure how they figure out who goes with what officer. Once called, the officer was really nice. If you've travelled a lot, make sure you bring your old passport(s) as well as your current because they will double check your travel dates with what you put into your application. He also reviewed a lot of the information in the application. He had me write a sentence, which is randomly generated by a computer program. Then I was asked to answer 10 questions related to US history (from that booklet we are all given). Those 10 questions are randomly picked by a computer program, I'm not sure if you need to answer all 10 correctly to pass. After that he had me sign some papers and asked if I had any questions:
-Prior to the interview, I had already purchased tickets to go on vacation in Mexico for 12/13 to 12/20 and brought an itinerary with me, and asked him that my oath ceremony NOT be scheduled during that time. He said he had no control over the scheduling but put the itinerary on top of my file so that it would be the 1st thing the scheduling person saw and try to schedule me accordingly.
-About 2 weeks later I get my oath letter for a oath date 12/3, 10days before I'm supposed to leave! I expected to do the oath AFTER I got back from vacation, so now I was stressing out about getting a passport in 10 days. Turn out you can apply in person in SF to get your passport in 1-2 days if you're travelling within 14 days (you need to bring proof and make an appointment). See http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html
-The Oath ceremony. Scheduled start at 9am, by the time everyone got a seat and all that, the ceremony started at around 9:15-20. I strongly encourage taking BART, parking is a nightmare (both getting in and out). A whole bunch of speeches, etc, you can read other people's description of the ceremony, I don't have much to add to that. The passport people weren't there that day, so everything was all done and over with at about 10:45am (ie. I got my naturalization certificate by then). I was relieved because my passport appt across town was at 12:00, so that left me plenty of time to get there
-getting a passport: walked from the ceremony at Masonic center to the passport office at 89 Hawthorne, that walk probably takes about 30min. I stopped on the way at Office Depot on Market a 3rd St to make copies of my certificate before blindly trusting it to the throes of the passport agency... Despite the appointment, I had to wait a long time at the passport place, but all went smoothly. They take credit cards. Don't forget your passport pics, if you have some leftover from your N400 app, you can probably use those, not sure how closely they check if it's been more than 6mo. I had new ones with me just in case but I could have probably gotten away with the old ones. My passport was ready for pick 2 days later because I wasn't leaving until the next week. Was told that if I was leaving that evening or the next day, I could do same day pick up at 3pm.
-OK, I hope that helps, take care everyone.

Here's my dates:
-mailed application early feb 08
-receipt dated 2/12/08
-FP in Oakland 3/06/08
-ID 11/12/08. Don't remember when I got the letter
-Oath letter received 11/26/08
-Oath Ceremony 12/3/08
-Passport application 12/3/08 (made appt with SF office)
-Passport received 12/5/08

Here's my timeline for SF:

12/16/08 : Mailed application (did not think to use certified mail, so no tracking info)
12/23/08 : Received Date & Priority Date (As printed on NOA1)
01/08/09 : Check cashed, $675
01/09/09 : Received Notice of Action (NOA1), Notice Date:01/05/09
01/10/09 : Application "touched"
01/20/09 : Received Fingerprint Letter (NOA2), Notice Date:01/13/09
01/27/09 : Fingerprints taken in San Francisco
02/07/09 : Received Interview Letter, Notice Date: 02/03/09
03/20/09 : Interview scheduled
**/**/09 : Received Oath Letter, Notice Date: **/**/09
**/**/09 : Oath date