N-400 San Francisco timeline

oath letter

Hi cafire,

I had my interview on May 19. My oath letter arrived today. I am sure your husband's letter is on its way also. Hang in there.

lucy08

Hi,

Thanks for the great information everyone. It's been a big help!!

My husband passed his citizenship interview at San Francisco on May 20th. We still haven't received the oath letter. Anyone else in this boat? It seems most people have been receiving them within about 2 to 3 weeks...tomorrow it will be 4 weeks to the day since his test. No letter. This seems abnormally long judging from the others in this thread.

Anyone else from around that test date still waiting?

It came today!!! I swear, I've been having nightmares that of all the paperwork, this was the letter that was going to be lost or misdelivered or something.

ID was 5/20/08. IL was printed 6/16, postmarked 6/19, and received 6/20. Oath ceremony is 7/15.

It came today!!! I swear, I've been having nightmares that of all the paperwork, this was the letter that was going to be lost or misdelivered or something.

ID was 5/20/08. IL was printed 6/16, postmarked 6/19, and received 6/20. Oath ceremony is 7/15.

congratulation. :D

completed oath 6/24 at SF.
Applied for the passport and the voter registeration right there.
parking in the garage next door was $20 for the event, for the one after that $50!.
Moral : get in early atleast an hour.
Impressive ceremony -- 97 countries representated, 1468 of us took the oath.
takes about 2 hours.

Now waiting for the passports to come through -- then planning to get started on the OCI registeration and applying for my parents green card.
Overall took 7 months -- mailed application on 12/1/07, FP 1/15, Interview 5/16, Oath 6/24.

I had my interview on May 29th and it was approved. I havent got the oath letter yet. Does that mean that i have missed the July 15th date ?

regards
Ashok

completed oath 6/24 at SF.
Applied for the passport and the voter registeration right there.
parking in the garage next door was $20 for the event, for the one after that $50!.
Moral : get in early atleast an hour.
Impressive ceremony -- 97 countries representated, 1468 of us took the oath.
takes about 2 hours.

Now waiting for the passports to come through -- then planning to get started on the OCI registeration and applying for my parents green card.
Overall took 7 months -- mailed application on 12/1/07, FP 1/15, Interview 5/16, Oath 6/24.

tt_tt,

Can you let us know once you receive your passport. I applied for mine at the Oath ceremony, but so far I am unable to track the status online.

the checks got cashed

I too applied for the passports on 6/24, the checks got cashed on 6/26. So I am hopeful it will move fast. And I just checked the online status -- I got the passport locator number for both me and my wife -- says 4 weeks from the date you applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too applied for the passports on 6/24, the checks got cashed on 6/26. So I am hopeful it will move fast. And I just checked the online status -- I got the passport locator number for both me and my wife -- says 4 weeks from the date you applied.

I received my passport today. It took just 3 days, that was fast
Compared to my wife's passport (which is 5 years old now), the new e-passports are really fancy and colorful

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

on the oath letter, they ask bring reentry permit or refugee travel document and any immigration documents you may have.

what is that mean, could you tell me?

Just get what ever documents you use to prove your status as a legal immigrant and to travel. Usually it is a green card, but you may be using the reentry permit or a refugee travel doc.

H1b Query

1. If I go on Medical leave for than 12 weeks on FMLA, will my H1B be cancelled or will it go out of status in case Mastech terminates me .
2. If I come back after 4-5 months and will like to continue working with Mastech, will Mastech apply for totally new H1B or just be change of status?.
3. In case if it will ne new H1b application, will that fall in H1B- quota category or would I be issued H1b out of Quota.

Please let me know if you havev any answer for thsee

Got an email update from the state dept that my passport is ready and will be sent over by priority mail -- not bad for a 6/24 regular application .

InfoPass

Hey everybody I am new in this forum and I might be in the wrong section but I want to ask you about the InfoPass how do you set it up which of the four options do you pick when scheduling it on their website. I just need info on my N400 case and I see that a lot of people go that way and get some good answers from the officers.
My story:
Sent N400 02/12/08
FP Notice 02/25/08
FP 03/12/08
IL ???
ID ???
OL ???
OD ???

Got passports in hand and naturalization certificate. 7 days in regular mode -- dont ever pay the expedite fee. yet to get the passport card.

Help!!!

2 months have passed since my interview and no oath notice yet!! Some of my family member interviewed on May 29th got their notice for the July 29th Oath, still no luck for me. Since I'll be miss the 29th Oath again, that will be like 3 months after my interview.

Why takes so long? Is there any other background check, etc needs to be done after the interview?

What should I do?! Called the customer services and visited local infopass office both claims that's "STAND PROCEDURE" and just tell me to wait. Is there any other agents/organizations out there can help me out?? I've reschedule my wedding just for this and am very upset about it.

PD: NOV 1 07
FP: DEC 29 07
ID: May 8 08

waiting....

2 months have passed since my interview and no oath notice yet!! Some of my family member interviewed on May 29th got their notice for the July 29th Oath, still no luck for me. Since I'll be miss the 29th Oath again, that will be like 3 months after my interview.

Why takes so long? Is there any other background check, etc needs to be done after the interview?

What should I do?! Called the customer services and visited local infopass office both claims that's "STAND PROCEDURE" and just tell me to wait. Is there any other agents/organizations out there can help me out?? I've reschedule my wedding just for this and am very upset about it.

PD: NOV 1 07
FP: DEC 29 07
ID: May 8 08

Hi,

i am on the same boat. havent got the oath date yet. I just hope my oath letter is on the mail.

FP 02/14/2008
ID 05/29/2008

regards
ashok