N-400 San Francisco timeline

same situation here

I'm in the same boat!:mad:

Passed interview on May 8th and still haven't received anything yet. My mum who interviewed on the same day have already gotten her oath letter for June 24th.

I've tried the infopass route and no luck, the officer in the USCIS in very unfriendly and not willing to help at all, he just simply ask me to wait 2 more months, saying up to 4 month is normal and there is nothing he can do~~:confused:

I had my citizenship interview on May 29th. Still waiting for the Oath letter.

Any idea when i will be getting it.

regards
Ashok

Worse here...passed my interview on April 25...I also called the customer service who was not helpful at all and who told me to wait at least 90 days after the interview to call back.

Hi,

Thanks for the great information everyone. It's been a big help!!

My husband passed his citizenship interview at San Francisco on May 20th. We still haven't received the oath letter. Anyone else in this boat? It seems most people have been receiving them within about 2 to 3 weeks...tomorrow it will be 4 weeks to the day since his test. No letter. This seems abnormally long judging from the others in this thread.

Anyone else from around that test date still waiting?

I had my interview on June 3rd, and still waiting for Oath Letter. Officer said 5 weeks for oath (not sure if he meant 5 weeks for the letter or the cermoney itself).
from previous posts here the average is 2-3 weeks for the letter and 6 weeks for the interview (both from interview date)

still waiting

Worse here...passed my interview on April 25...I also called the customer service who was not helpful at all and who told me to wait at least 90 days after the interview to call back.

The interviewer told me it will take one month. As somebody said earlier, i dont know whether it is date of oath or date of getting the letter. Customer service told me the 90 days wait thingie.

The masonic building calendar says there is one oath taking on June 24th and the next is July 15th. I guess i have missed the bus for June 24th. Hoping that i will get into July 15th.

http://www.masonicauditorium.com/calendar/index.html

regards
ashok

Yeah, she told me 4-6 weeks to take the Oath (i.e. she told me I would take the Oath either by the end of May on on June 10). And here we are, June 17, and still still haven't received the Oath Letter.

Hi,

My husband passed his citizenship interview at San Francisco on May 20th. We still haven't received the oath letter. Anyone else in this boat? It seems most people have been receiving them within about 2 to 3 weeks...tomorrow it will be 4 weeks to the day since his test. No letter. This seems abnormally long judging from the others in this thread.

The interviewer told me it will take one month. As somebody said earlier, i dont know whether it is date of oath or date of getting the letter. Customer service told me the 90 days wait thingie.

The masonic building calendar says there is one oath taking on June 24th and the next is July 15th. I guess i have missed the bus for June 24th. Hoping that i will get into July 15th.

http://www.masonicauditorium.com/calendar/index.html

regards
ashok

I'm in the same boat!:mad:

Passed interview on May 8th and still haven't received anything yet. My mum who interviewed on the same day have already gotten her oath letter for June 24th.

I've tried the infopass route and no luck, the officer in the USCIS in very unfriendly and not willing to help at all, he just simply ask me to wait 2 more months, saying up to 4 month is normal and there is nothing he can do~~:confused:

My interview was on May 7th and my Oath is on June 24th.
SF DO sends out Oath letter three weeks before the scheduled Oath ceremony, so I guess everyone whose Oath will be scheduled for July 15th should recieve their Oath letters end of next week (usually on Friday or Saturday)

Hi,

I waited almost 4 weeks and this inspite of SF DO having an extra Oath ceremony in May(They had Oath thrice in May, usually they have twice a month).

I think they are getting backed up, just check your mail box three weeks before a scheduled Oath ceremony, if you don't see the letter then probably you missed the boat.

From what I heard from others in this forum is that SF DO schedules and sends out letters on Tuesday, 3 weeks before the Oath ceremony day, so you will recieve the letter on friday or saturday

Completed oath at SFO

I had my oath last Tuesday June 10th at 9am. There were 1400+ people from over 100 countries taking oath that day. Was an impressive ceremony that lasted around 2 hours.
The same day applied for passport at local post office since I needed to apply for my son's passport also. Chose expedited delivery and today got an email saying that passports have been sent today. I hope to see them tomorrow.

Thanks for replying. I am sorry to hear you're still waiting though I am comforted that they haven't forgotten about us yet!

I do think it's a bit odd to tell us not to inquire with the USCIS for 90 days considering the average turnaround time for SF is 2-3 weeks! Oh well. I hope we get our letters soon.

OATH Letter Recieved

just Recived my OL, wow that was fast. OD is July 15 @ 1:30 PM SF,
I think this is an additional cermony for July from what I could see in the masonic center calendar, they have 2 at that day.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport Routine Service 8 days.

I had my oath last Tuesday June 10th at 9am. There were 1400+ people from over 100 countries taking oath that day. Was an impressive ceremony that lasted around 2 hours.
The same day applied for passport at local post office since I needed to apply for my son's passport also. Chose expedited delivery and today got an email saying that passports have been sent today. I hope to see them tomorrow.

A family member had oath on June 10 at SF and submitted routine service passport application ($100) at the oath ceremony and got the pasport in our mailbox on June 18. We are impressed by the state department !!

Oath Letter received today

Hi. Just want to update that I just received my OL today.

OD is July 15 @ 9:00AM at SF.
I also have seen that although I am in the morning ceremony, this is an additional afternoon ceremony for July in the masonic center calendar.
They have 2 at that day, which I haven't seen it before. Somehow, USCIS is moving things along at SF DO.
Hope other guys get OL soon.
Regards,

Aloha_CA

congrats aloha_CA
your time line is close to mine. and yes I agree SF seems to be going fast (not that I'm complaining or anything ;))
until last week when I was looking at the masonic calendar, the 2nd ceremony on July 15 was n't there, so may be they are swamped.

A miracle happened

I finally received my OL letter for July 15. :)
As a reminder, my interview took place on April 25.

So my stat is as follow:
N400 Applied Sept 2007
FP - N/A (note that I had FP done on my GC in August 2007 due to a name change, that is probably why they made me skip this step)
Interview - 4/25/2008 in SF
OL received - 6/19/2008
Oath - 7/15/2008 in SF

enniroc, congrats on finally getting your OL! You have been waiting quite awhile and it's about time!!! :)

siddig, congrats also on receiving your letter! It does confuse me that you had your interview on 6/3 and already got the OL, since we have been waiting since 5/20. Do they not go in order?!?! :confused: I hope ours is in the mail...

congratulations to all.

I am also waiting. My interview was on May 29th. Does the interview letter come via postal mail or UPS ?

regards
ashok

congratulation to all ~

As of Jun 20, I still haven't received my oath notice yet, I was interviewed on May 8th. Priority date was Nov. 5 2007. I guess I've miss the July 15th Oath again......................:(

enniroc, congrats on finally getting your OL! You have been waiting quite awhile and it's about time!!! :)

siddig, congrats also on receiving your letter! It does confuse me that you had your interview on 6/3 and already got the OL, since we have been waiting since 5/20. Do they not go in order?!?! :confused: I hope ours is in the mail...

My opinion is that it depends on the officer holding the interview, and how fast they finish and process the paperwork after the interview.
sometimes they say that they they have to get the supervisor approval, etc.