N-400 San Francisco timeline

Bringing minor kids to SF office during the interview

Hi,
I have my and my wifes interview scheduled for 6/24/10 at 8.30am (early morning).
I have a minor kid (4 yrs) and her day care does not open in time for me to drop her
off and be at the SF office for our interview. My question is, can I take her to the SF office
and she can hang out with us in the waiting area ? There is a 45 min delay between
me and my wifes interview timing.
I am hoping someone from this forum has been in a similar situation and can advise.
let me know.

Thanks.

Hi webchap,
I was interviewed at SF couple of weeks back. You can take your child/children to the interview. There is plenty of space in the waiting area to sit along with bathrooms. During my visit, I saw few couples with there child/children in there. So, I don't think it will be an issue. Only thing you want to make sure is you and your wife do get called in at different times.

All the best for interview.

Congrats, kwisher and dhai! And lolito, I'd definitely update with my N-400 progress. :)

Here's a quick update:

USCIS en-cashed my check yesterday but it only showed up this AM online in my bank record. I also received SMS and e-mail notification from them earlier today, arriving almost simultaneously. I got the SMS at 6:45AM and the e-mail at 6:48 AM, not that it matters but it's just interesting to know.

Whew! Knowing that they offficially accepted my N-400 application sure is a relief, at least for now! And I can start the obsession of waiiting for the NOA in my mailbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I have also received my oath date for 06/17 at Oakland. But I work in San Fran, and it would be easier for me if I get my venue changed. Can anyone please let me know if it is possible at this late stage.

Thanks.

Where you are invited for your oath depends on where you live, not where you work. I would strongly discourage you from making any attempts to change your oath appointment.

I have also received my oath date for 06/17 at Oakland. But I work in San Fran, and it would be easier for me if I get my venue changed. Can anyone please let me know if it is possible at this late stage.

Hi All,

Thanks.

BART can take you from SF to OAK in under 20 minutes.

Received OL on 6/5 for ceremony in Oakland on 6/17.
A little surprised at how swiftly the process has moved.

Does anyone know if it is ok to take a 9 year old kid for the ceremony in Oakland? Will the kid have to sit separately (and on her own) ?

My timeline:
02/25/10: N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
02/26/10: N-400 received in Phoenix
03/05/10: Notice date
04/01/10: FP letter received
04/15/2010: FP date
05/27/10: ID (recommended for approval)
06/05/10: OL
06/17/10: Oath date

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations, montush,
did you take your kids?
Received OL on 6/5 for ceremony in Oakland on 6/17.
A little surprised at how swiftly the process has moved.

Does anyone know if it is ok to take a 9 year old kid for the ceremony in Oakland? Will the kid have to sit separately (and on her own) ?

My timeline:
02/25/10: N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
02/26/10: N-400 received in Phoenix
03/05/10: Notice date
04/01/10: FP letter received
04/15/2010: FP date
05/27/10: ID (recommended for approval)
06/05/10: OL
06/17/10: Oath date

I just wanted to let everyone know that today I received my oath letter!!! My OD is a full 90 days after my interview...not sure what the hold up was, but am quite relieved that this process is coming to an end. Good luck to everyone else. I've updated my signature to include my full timeline.

alvargs,

congratulations!!!
now you can move on and live your life!!!
thank you sharing your experience and posting it here:)
btw, did you do anything in regards sending or receiving from USCIS during your waiting period before you got an Oath letter?
thanks
I just wanted to let everyone know that today I received my oath letter!!! My OD is a full 90 days after my interview...not sure what the hold up was, but am quite relieved that this process is coming to an end. Good luck to everyone else. I've updated my signature to include my full timeline.

alvargs,
did you do anything in regards sending or receiving from USCIS during your waiting period before you got an Oath letter?
thanks

No, other than going to an infopass appointment on 5/13, I didn't do anything else. The infopass appointment didn't tell me much either.

Thanks for the reply Dhai. I had one other question. Where exactly is the interview office in San Francisco? The notice says come to "630 Sansome street".
But the USCIS website says "Sansome street" is the mailing address and "444 Washington Street" is the office address.
Where did you or other people on this forum go to for interview ?
thanks for the help.

Webchap,
Both addresses are for the same building, just different enterances..... Door on the Washginton St. is closed. So, everyone has to use the door on the Sansome St.

Hi All -

I just received my FP notice. I see people on this site talking about doing FP walk-in. How do you do like? Will they always accommodate you whenever you walk in or you may have to attempt a few times? Thanks in advance!

I second this question... how do you do walking fingerprinting? do you "walk-in" literally, or do you have to make an infopass appointment?
thank you