N-400 San Francisco timeline

Your FP notice has an address of USCIS field office and date/time of your fingerprinting appointment. Walk-in FP refers to going to this office at times different (usually earlier) from the time on the notice. Usually FP appointment date is few weeks away from the time you receive it. Many a times, a person can have prior commitment on the day of the appointment. It's possible in some field offices to "walk-in" with the appointment letter and request that they do early finger printing. People exploit this fact even if they don't have prior commitment and USCIS field offices may or maynot allow it depending upon work load on a given day.

Thank you,

Ok, I sent my N-400 application last Wednesday, on the 22nd of June,
still no return receipt or text that they have received it,
do you guys know how long does it take?

update: received NOA already:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Oath Letter on Saturday (July 3rd). Looking forward to the last stage in the process !!!

The interview process in San Francisco, CA office went very smooth. Looks like CA applications are moving fast.

PD 3/22/2010
FP app 5/7/2010
FP done 5/7/2010 (Oakland, CA)
ID 6/24/2010 (San Francisco, CA)
OL recvd 7/3/2010
OD 7/26/2010 (Oakland office)

Oath ceremonies in SF

It seems like this thread is dead, bring back life to it SF filer.
Does anybody knows Oath dates in SF, I know there are couple scheduled this month (9/9 and 9/21 @masonic center), I
do not see any oath cermony after that, anybody any info?

My wife's timeline

DO: San Francisco
06/23/2010 (DAY-0): N-400 Sent to PHX
06/25/2010 (3): N-400 Receipt Date & Priority Date
08/11/2010 (48): FP Done
08/17/2010 (53): Case to DO/ Email/Text
09/22/2010 (89): Interview Date

Fingerprint - walk-in in San Francisco

My FP scheduled date is 9/15 but I walked in today at around 9:45am (9/10) & had no trouble getting fingerprinted.

It took me about 45 min to get it all done. The staff is extremely friendly.

i had passed the citizenship interview on August 05,2010, but i have not received my oath letter yet?
i was told that i would receive the oath letter via mail by the immigration officer at the end of interview.
dose anyone have same problem with delay oath?
please advise........

i had passed the citizenship interview in San Francisco field office on August 05,2010, but i have not received my oath letter yet?
i was told that i would receive the oath letter via mail in one month by the immigration officer at the end of interview.
please advise........
what am i going to do next?

thanks

congratulations, sago2010,

could you please share your interview experience, please?

i had passed the citizenship interview in San Francisco field office on August 05,2010, but i have not received my oath letter yet?
i was told that i would receive the oath letter via mail in one month by the immigration officer at the end of interview.
please advise........

thanks

congrats to your wife, kwisher,
could you please share the interview experience, please?
Oath ceremonies in SF

It seems like this thread is dead, bring back life to it SF filer.
Does anybody knows Oath dates in SF, I know there are couple scheduled this month (9/9 and 9/21 @masonic center), I
do not see any oath cermony after that, anybody any info?

My wife's timeline

DO: San Francisco
06/23/2010 (DAY-0): N-400 Sent to PHX
06/25/2010 (3): N-400 Receipt Date & Priority Date
08/11/2010 (48): FP Done
08/17/2010 (53): Case to DO/ Email/Text
09/22/2010 (89): Interview Date

Any news on the Oath Letter yet?
Were you recommended for approval on that letter that they give you on the end of the interview?
please advise........

thanks

congrats to your wife, kwisher,
could you please share the interview experience, please?

Lolitochka,

Kwisher's wife was interviewed by a drag queen IO, who proceed to share his thong stories and trying 9 inch stiletto boots by walking across the SF Bridge. She was well-treated by the drag queen as they bonded on shopping for clothes and hair products...very pleasant experience I tell you...lol!!

Hi all -

Posting to see if anyone's received letters for the ceremony/ies in October in San Francisco? I think the last dates we've seen posted were September dates. Also - if anyone's gotten their letters, when was your interview/when did you receive you letter?

Passed interview on 9/7 with recommendation for approval, but still no oath letter yet. Did anyone with the similar interview date receive the oath letter?

FYI,

it looks like there are no new Oath Ceremonies are scheduled at the SF Masonic center yet, according to their calendar:

http://www.masonicauditorium.com/calendar/index.html

and this article is about the Oakland location for the Oath Ceremonies:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_15830711

direct quote from the article (link above):

"Thursday's half-hour ceremony may be the last one at the Paramount for some time.

Sharon Rummery, a spokeswoman with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, said the department holds naturalization ceremonies about every two weeks for about 1,300 people in the Bay Area. For the last two years, the programs have rotated during the year between the Masonic Center in San Francisco and the Paramount.

Thursday's ceremony, however, was the last scheduled for the Paramount this year, and Rummery said she did not know if the USCIS was planning to return to Oakland next year.

"I don't know yet," Rummery said. "This is the last scheduled one here, but we'll have to see.""

Hopefully, they will schedule the Oath Ceremonies soon:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all-

I'm posting to see if there is anyone that can guide me in regards to a problem I have-- I sent my application to Phoenix on July 23 and I barely got my FP on Sept 23 in Oakland. I am a college student and I'm actually planning on going abroad next semester to Italy. The last day to apply for my student visa is Nov 11 and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to expedite my naturalization process? I was told I'd get my interview letter in about 2 weeks but is there anything I can do at the interview to ask for a quicker oath date? I was thinking of applying for the student visa with my current passport but my GC expires in Dec so I don't think that the Italian consulate will issue my student visa if my GC is going to expire. I would really rather have my visa as an American citizen and I fear that if I don't become a citizen before Nov 11 I am not going to be able to study abroad. I really appreciate all suggestions and comments.

First of all, everyone's case and timeline is different. But generally speaking (and from reading postings here on this thread), most likely you will receive an interview letter within 7-10 days after your FP date. And the date of your interview should be about a month from the date the interview letter was issued on. So, your interview should be around the end of October, and then if you are recommended for approval, then you have to wait for an Oath Letter, which also could take some time.
Hi all-

I'm posting to see if there is anyone that can guide me in regards to a problem I have-- I sent my application to Phoenix on July 23 and I barely got my FP on Sept 23 in Oakland. I am a college student and I'm actually planning on going abroad next semester to Italy. The last day to apply for my student visa is Nov 11 and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to expedite my naturalization process? I was told I'd get my interview letter in about 2 weeks but is there anything I can do at the interview to ask for a quicker oath date? I was thinking of applying for the student visa with my current passport but my GC expires in Dec so I don't think that the Italian consulate will issue my student visa if my GC is going to expire. I would really rather have my visa as an American citizen and I fear that if I don't become a citizen before Nov 11 I am not going to be able to study abroad. I really appreciate all suggestions and comments.

N-400 processing time

Lolitochka,

I think you shouldn't give any advise on N-400 processing time especially after you said that every person's case is different. I applied for N-400 in March, FP in April, and interview at the end of Aug. As today I still haven't received any approval letter/oath ceremony schedule. I believe SF field office may be overloaded with cases; they are moving very slowly especially on the current cases.

Calgal21,
I don't think you can expedite your N-400 process since if you can do it, that means everybody will want their cases to be expedited. It's not fair, and I don't think it works that way. Begining process in the application is fast, since it's Phoenix office that processes the application. Once it moved to the field office such as for interview schedule, then it depends on cases load of field office. I have been holding all my vacation plan because of this, so you might have to hold you travel plan also. This process is not something that you can predict, trust me. Everybody is different.