N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

No I shan't! I shall be in India at that time.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Good, then you should tell your travel plans ahead at the interview time, so that the officer can give you a suitable date before or after your travel date. Also, you can wait to open your mouth till the officer says about your oath date after the interview. Then act accordingly.

I did the same thing since I wouldn't be able to go for Nov oath ceremony and got oath on Dec 21st.

Good luck !

Thanks CTN400, I was planning to do that.

Now, I just hope that Wednesday morning is not icy! I have an 8:30 AM interview and I have a 50 min drive to get there!

What is the parking situation there?

Thanks CTN400, I was planning to do that.

Now, I just hope that Wednesday morning is not icy! I have an 8:30 AM interview and I have a 50 min drive to get there!

What is the parking situation there?

50 min. is less :) I drove 1 hour 30 min from Norwalk to Hartford. Since morning traffic is heavy, you should plan well ahead on Wed morning.

You can park behind USCIS building on one of the metered parking lots. There are ample spaces there.

You will enjoy talking to those courteous officers.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my interview experience with you.

I arrived there quite early, traffic was less heavy than I thought. They let me in the building at 7:40. Although my scheduled time was 8:30, I was called in around 8:15. Took about 15 min.

I was only asked to show paperwork related to settling of my traffic violation and parking tickets. I had a letter of disposition for the traffic violation and a cancelled cheque for my parking ticket and that satisfied them.

I was asked some pretty easy questions, he only asked me seven:
(1) What are the colours of the flag
(2) Who is the current preseident (I almost said Dubya :eek: but bit my tongue!)
(3) Who was the president during the civil war
(4) How many judges in the Supreme Court
(5) Who is the vice-pres.
(6) Who becomes pres when both pres and vice pres die
(7) Who was Marting Luther King Jr.

I was asked to write "I live in the state of Connecticut"
and that was it :D

He asked if I could remain in the waiting room so that he can get the approval from his supervisor and give me the Oath Letter. I of course did. My oath will be in New Haven on Jan 11, 830 AM. That was the earliest available in New Haven, which suited me fine since I'll be out of the country till Jan 7!

Unrelated interesting thing that happened. After I was checked in through the security, they stopped letting people in for the next 15 min since prisoners were being brought in through the same gate for the court-house!

Good luck to the rest of you who have their interviews soon or waiting for your letter. This forum has been of immense help and I'll be on it till at least the oath ceremony, but not for the next three weeks though. India, here I come!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my interview experience with you.

I arrived there quite early, traffic was less heavy than I thought. They let me in the building at 7:40. Although my scheduled time was 8:30, I was called in around 8:15. Took about 15 min.

I was only asked to show paperwork related to settling of my traffic violation and parking tickets. I had a letter of disposition for the traffic violation and a cancelled cheque for my parking ticket and that satisfied them.

I was asked some pretty easy questions, he only asked me seven:
(1) What are the colours of the flag
(2) Who is the current preseident (I almost said Dubya :eek: but bit my tongue!)
(3) Who was the president during the civil war
(4) How many judges in the Supreme Court
(5) Who is the vice-pres.
(6) Who becomes pres when both pres and vice pres die
(7) Who was Marting Luther King Jr.

I was asked to write "I live in the state of Connecticut"
and that was it :D

He asked if I could remain in the waiting room so that he can get the approval from his supervisor and give me the Oath Letter. I of course did. My oath will be in New Haven on Jan 11, 830 AM. That was the earliest available in New Haven, which suited me fine since I'll be out of the country till Jan 7!

Unrelated interesting thing that happened. After I was checked in through the security, they stopped letting people in for the next 15 min since prisoners were being brought in through the same gate for the court-house!

Good luck to the rest of you who have their interviews soon or waiting for your letter. This forum has been of immense help and I'll be on it till at least the oath ceremony, but not for the next three weeks though. India, here I come!

Congratulation Sba, Thanks for sharing. You sure those were prisoners and not illegal immigrants? :D
Have a safe trip to India.

Do I need proof for settling traffic violations. I had only 3 speeding tickets in my last 12 years and none in my last 5 years. Should I go to DMV and get a driving record.

RGds

Well, they asked me for proof of settling all traffic violations. Unfortunately driving records go back only a few years, so you might have to dig up cheques or ask the court for dispositions.

That was the only thing they asked from me, though I suspect that was because there was nothing else to ask me about!

Congratulations Sba ..

I am also in the same boat as dnivrab... both my traffic tickets are in NY state and old (one is 10 years and the other is 3 years). I think I have the details on the 3 year one.. will have to dig up the other one. Well more paper work .. fun !

Well, they asked me for proof of settling all traffic violations. Unfortunately driving records go back only a few years, so you might have to dig up cheques or ask the court for dispositions.

That was the only thing they asked from me, though I suspect that was because there was nothing else to ask me about!

Did you originally mention the traffic citations on the N400 application when you submitted it?

10 years shouldn't be a prob. Mine was that old, and in New Jersey. Last March I called up the court and explained to them the situation. They aksed me to send as much as I could remember of the ticket and the driver's licence number, my address at that time and date of birth along with the fee. I did not remember the date or the month of the incident, I only knew the year. But that was enough. A week after sending the details and the money order I had the letter of disposition!

Seems to me like questions in relation to traffic tickets come up as often as questions about the dreaded name check. I have a similar problem here in NYC. I have an old ticket from 1995, for which I pleaded guilty and paid the fine, as well as 2 tickets from 2002, for which I pleaded not guilty and subsequently got them dismissed in court. I do not have dispositions for any of those tickets, and when I recently went to traffic court to get copies of dispositions, I was told that my only option is ordering a copy of my driving abstract from the DMV (which I already did). I tried unsuccessfully explaining to the clerk that the driving abstract only shows the past 3-4 years' worth of violations, but she was adamant that my only option is to get the abstract, and I can't get any other information regarding old tickets from the court. I know that this is a CT thread, but CT is only an arm's reach away from NY. Has anyone here had a similar experience in NY?

Also, it clearly states in the instructions accompanying the N-400 that no proof needs to be submitted for tickets not associated with DWI/DUI/reckless driving and if the fine was less than $500. If this is the case, why are IOs bothering people about traffic tickets that clearly do NOT fall into the above category?

I do not have dispositions for any of those tickets, and when I recently went to traffic court to get copies of dispositions,

Actually, I did not go to the traffic court but the municipal court. But that may be a state/county thing. I went to the municipal court since my cancelled cheque said municipal court.

As to why they ask when they are not supposed to? Who knows! Since I had the paperwork with me, I did not bother to challenge my interviewer on that!

As to why they ask when they are not supposed to? Who knows! Since I had the paperwork with me, I did not bother to challenge my interviewer on that!

I have a feeling that they may only be asking to make it difficult for people. I'm probably being paranoid, but in light of the current mess that the USCIS is in, I'd hate to make it to the interview and have it rescheduled, only because some IO wants to give me a hard time and demand proof of payment for a $75 "no turn" ticket that I got 12 years ago. My driving abstract clearly displays "VALID" in the license status section. Shouldn't that be construed as solid proof that all my tickets are paid/dismissed? After all, the NYS DMV automatically suspends your license if you don't answer a traffic violation within 30 days.

I wonder if the immigration office is more likely to request evidence of payment of citations if you have indicated them on N400 application.

That's another thing that worries me. I answered "No" to the "Have you ever been cited..." question. Like many others, I didn't think this applied to traffic violations. I have proof of payment/dismissals for most of my traffic violations, with the exception of a couple. I know I should be as honest as possible and let the IO know that I've had traffic violations, but mentioning a violation for which I have no paperwork seems like opening of Pandora's box.