N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

goosia, I am assuming that your friend belongs to Hartford DO. If so then that is good news for us as we have been tracking till February PDs and we have one person from this forum "dnivrab" who got his interview letter for Jan 10. Your friend's IL falls in that trend ... March PD --> Feb interview.
I am not sure if other CT applicants from this forum are visiting this thread anymore. They are MEATZITI (PD Feb 5), JK2007 (PD Feb 12) CTUSER (PD Mar 22).

Folks .. if you are watching this thread.. please post any updates. It will help us to watch the trend from our tracking sheet. Thanks

Online status changes

Hi All,
Just wondering if online status is helpful to us in anyway to indicate progress in our cases. Most of the time it has been the same message - "Current Status: Case received and pending.". It also mentions that the case is still in Vermont service center.

Will the status change when they send the file over to Hartford DO?

I hope they furnish more details about the progress.

Thanks,

Hi All,
Just wondering if online status is helpful to us in anyway to indicate progress in our cases. Most of the time it has been the same message - "Current Status: Case received and pending.". It also mentions that the case is still in Vermont service center.

Will the status change when they send the file over to Hartford DO?

I hope they furnish more details about the progress.

Thanks,

Online status tracking is unreliable and not updated frequently.

Finally, the U.S citizen !!!

Hello guys,

I would like to share my oath ceremony experience here. It had been scheduled at 8:30AM at Bridgeport. I reached there half an hour earlier. There were 52 people to be naturalized, but with their relatives count went to 100+ or so. The clerk started collecting the oath ceremony invitation letter, Green Card etc. I had to show my marriage certificate and the travel outside the U.S because both happened after naturalization interview. After an hour, honorable judge came and started the oath of allegiance, honor to the U.S flag etc. He started distributing the naturalization certificates. Everything completed at 10AM. So total 1 hour 30 minutes. One guy had given the voter's registration form. All of us completed it and returned to him.

I went to my local post office to mail I-130 petition for my wife and mailed the full set copy to her in India too. Then I applied for U.S passport and they took the original naturalization certificate too. That's all, proud to be the U.S citizen !!!

Good luck to all who filed citizenship and waiting for FP, IL and oath !!! If Albert Einstein and Arnold schwarzenegger can get naturalization, you can also make it :)

journey over!

Like CTN400, I too had my oath at 10:30 in New Haven Court House...Quite similar to what CTN400 described...49 new citizens...took 1 1/2 hours overall. Most had a photo session while the natz cert was being distributed by the judge. SSN office was right behind, so we (myself and my wife) went there and had our status changed from resident alien to citizen. she printed out a form to be signed and we'll have new SSN cards mailed to us. Don't know why new cards are reqd, since nowhere on the card it says i'm an resident alien or a citizen, and name or number hasn't changed. I thought info is only updated and no change in card is reqd...anyways...we went to hamden town hall and registered ourselves as unaffiliated voters, since we were told natz original may be required to be shown (they just checked our dr. lic). Finally we drove to the post office and they made a copy for us of the natz cert, and we submitted the online PP form we had printed with the bar code, and that's it...end of journey.:) Good luck to all who are in line..you'd get there too...

Congrats ctuser... this is good news for the folks who are waiting (like me :) )
So far most of the trends are continuing .. ILs are sent around 20-21 of every month, and 9+ months is the current waiting time for a IL .. and the IL are 11 months from PD

Good luck at your interview.

Congratulations to Agcseekar and CTN400.
By the way anyone know good immigration-lawyer here in CT.

Thanks MEEK1234 ! I don't have lawyer info. BTW, what stage are you now ? Good to know that Mar 2008 PD people are receiving ILs.

meek1234, I used one attorney during my GC time... I wont say he is great or good.. but OK. Pretty vanilla type. So if you are still looking for an attorney, I will send you the details. The only convenience is that he is in CT.

Hi Guys,
I (actualy my wife) has interview 2 Jan for N-400. Now This all information is for my wife (N-400).
She had filed I-130 for me in 2005 (i am on H1). and after she will be citizen we need to update GC file. So i have all gethered info to file I-485,I-131 and all other documents but my concern is after filing if i will get RFE then at that point Attorney is required.
Rembi: Give me contact detail So if required i will contact him.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,
I (actualy my wife) has interview 2 Jan for N-400. Now This all information is for my wife (N-400).
She had filed I-130 for me in 2005 (i am on H1). and after she will be citizen we need to update GC file. So i have all gethered info to file I-485,I-131 and all other documents but my concern is after filing if i will get RFE then at that point Attorney is required.
Rembi: Give me contact detail So if required i will contact him.

Thanks.

Typically, RFE will not come if all paperwork is in order. But nobody knows. You can handle yourself if RFE is quite simple. Attorney is needed if you cannot handle it. Rembi will help you out on Attorney's contacts. Good luck MEEK1234 for your wife's interview on Jan 2nd.

FYI, Canceled my Indian Passport at NY today, another step in the immigration journey :)

Rembi Thanks a lot : it is patel3280@gmail.com
Thanks CTN400, R u not going for dual citizenship?

MEEK1234, I need to apply for OCI after getting the U.S Passport that I applied in the normal process.

FYI, India has still not implemented dual citizenship. PIO or OCI are just lifelong visa with the most of the rights of Indian citizen. There are still restrictions here to own Agricultural/Plantation properties, applying Govt.job, participating as election candidates etc.

Again good luck to all guys waiting for naturalization !!!

Thanks Rembi, Can you Re-send that email probably it went to bulk and without seeing i just deleted all of them , Have to be careful!!.
Thanks for your efforts.

Folks, they published the new processing dates for the month of December 2007. It moved by another month. The new processing date for N400 is Jan 30, 2007. Hopefully folks with April PD will receive their ILs during the 3rd week of Jan 2008 (Jan 24-25)
CTN400Applicant is the only person from this thread who had a April PD date.
goosia and SD63 are next in line - whose PDs are in May. Good luck to you all.