N-400 Hartford, CT Tracking

That's another thing that worries me. I answered "No" to the "Have you ever been cited..." question. Like many others, I didn't think this applied to traffic violations. I have proof of payment/dismissals for most of my traffic violations, with the exception of a couple. I know I should be as honest as possible and let the IO know that I've had traffic violations, but mentioning a violation for which I have no paperwork seems like opening of Pandora's box.

I think the worst thing that can happen is for the immigration officer to put "pending" on application after interview if you don't have evidence of payment, but once it gets forwarded to a supervisor they will approve it (without requiring evidence). I can't see USCIS denying an application solely on not being able to produce evidence of payment for citations under $500. Now if the amount was much larger and you had several citations, that's a different story. It's a gray area in adjudication as every case is different and they look at all the facts when deciding to approve or deny an application.

I think the worst thing that can happen is for the immigration officer to put "pending" on application after interview if you don't have evidence of payment, but once it gets forwarded to a supervisor they will approve it (without requiring evidence). I can't see USCIS denying an application solely on not being able to produce evidence of payment for citations under $500. Now if the amount was much larger and you had several citations, that's a different story. It's a gray area in adjudication as every case is different and they look at all the facts when deciding to approve or deny an application.

This is true. Then again, I've also heard/read plenty of stories where the IO didn't even mention traffic tickets. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

congratulations Sba! Have a great India trip....

Traffic violation was only briefly touched upon in my interview...Like Sba, i managed to find the check copy..it was 4 1/2 year old speeding incident in NY. He touched upon since i had checked the citation column and mentioned a "traffic ticket citation" in the description. But be straightforward and honest...if you do not have evidence.. just mention so and give the details to the best of your memory including what was the ticket for and what was the approx amount...it should not be a show-stopper for most part...

All the best to the rest of you waiting in line.

Employment History

Dear All,

Did anyone experience or hear about issues on Employment History? Is there any implication if you did not spend sufficient time with the Employer who petitioned the GC?

Thanks for any inputs that you might have.

Srinivas123,

I thought I saw discussion thread about AC21 and citizenship. Please search for that. Also I think as long as you can prove that you switched to a "similar" job or that you moved to a different employer under "dire" circumstances... the IO might be satisfied. Depends on the mood of the IO, who can accept your explanation for may be ask for more information. Looks like the first batch of AC21 folks are applying for citizenship now. I though AC21 is a law and if you changed jobs within in that law .. then may be there shouldn't be any problem .. no ?....

Again this is just my opinion.

Dear All,

Did anyone experience or hear about issues on Employment History? Is there any implication if you did not spend sufficient time with the Employer who petitioned the GC?

Thanks for any inputs that you might have.

Rembi, I think Srinivas is worried about the change of job within the 6 months, but after getting GC. Am I right ? I don't think this is an issue. Convey them the labor market was tough during the past economic slow down period, if they open their pie hole.

CTN400 & Rembi,

Thanks for your inputs. You are right... I am concerned about job change within 6 months. I do have a letter from my employer who petitioned GC reducing my salary since the market situation is tough.

I actually changed job with the intention to invoke AC21, but fortunately/unfortunately my GC got approved after I served my resignation letter and when I was still under the 3 week notice period. I did accept a similar position with a new employer prior to my GC approval.

Can you please suggest how I should prepare myself ... in the eventuality that I am asked the question.

Thanks a bunch.

CTN400 & Rembi,

Thanks for your inputs. You are right... I am concerned about job change within 6 months. I do have a letter from my employer who petitioned GC reducing my salary since the market situation is tough.

I actually changed job with the intention to invoke AC21, but fortunately/unfortunately my GC got approved after I served my resignation letter and when I was still under the 3 week notice period. I did accept a similar position with a new employer prior to my GC approval.

Can you please suggest how I should prepare myself ... in the eventuality that I am asked the question.

Thanks a bunch.

That's not a big deal for naturalization. Show the letter and convince them, you had to change the job, if they pinpoint this question. They will be least bothered for this. Good luck !

Srinivas123, in your posting you mentioned "
I actually changed job with the intention to invoke AC21, but fortunately/unfortunately my GC got approved after I served my resignation letter"
So you think AC21 is a better option than leaving the original petitioning employer within 6 months ?

Processing Delays for N400

Hello Everyone:

I am an avid reader of your posts but have not posted much on this forum. I am sure you guys know the answer to this - Is the processing based on receipt/notice date or is is based on priority date? My priority date is May 24th but when I visit the USCIS site to look up my case, I get the message - "On June 11, we received ....". Appreciate your response.

Regards!!

Hello Everyone:

I am an avid reader of your posts but have not posted much on this forum. I am sure you guys know the answer to this - Is the processing based on receipt/notice date or is is based on priority date? My priority date is May 24th but when I visit the USCIS site to look up my case, I get the message - "On June 11, we received ....". Appreciate your response.

Regards!!

The date that you see on the website when you look up your case is the date when your check was deposited for cashing and the initial processing of your application began. The processing of your case will be based on the May 24th priority date.

Thanks for the prompt post. I too hope that is the case.

It definitely is the case. For example, I sent in my N-400 during the fee hike crush. My priority date is September 4 (the date my application was received by VSC), but the status on the website says "On November 13, 2007, we received...". Don't worry about the date on the website. Your application will still be processed according to the priority date.

I dont understand why USCIS cant fix this. Even customer support uses this date and i had to argue couple of times that my receipt date is earlier..

Thanks Vorpal - Appreciate your insight.

It definitely is the case. For example, I sent in my N-400 during the fee hike crush. My priority date is September 4 (the date my application was received by VSC), but the status on the website says "On November 13, 2007, we received...". Don't worry about the date on the website. Your application will still be processed according to the priority date.

I dont understand why USCIS cant fix this. Even customer support uses this date and i had to argue couple of times that my receipt date is earlier..

As long as your NOA letter has the correct priority date no need to worry about what date UCSIS actually opened your package or cashed your check.

For the most part, customer support are a bunch of mindless drones. They only have access to the same Case Status Online that's available to us through the USCIS website. They have no way of knowing what our priority dates are, so they assume that it's the date returned by the system after they enter our receipt number. In short, speaking to them is completely useless, unless you're lucky enough to have your call answered by a decent person who'll connect you to an IO.

new info

I thought I could share a peace of information with you. I spoke with my friend today who sent his application in mid-March of 2007 (sorry but I don't know the exact dates) and he said that he received a letter mid-December (like a week ago or so) with an interview date for mid-February. I hope this will make some of us feel better:)