N-400 Fillings after July 31st

As I mentioned it before, there are namechecks and fingerprints. What is clear is the FP, FBI phoneline doesn't tell you about yout namecheck and they said they are not open to public and emails from public.
I will try to write to my senator today. Let see.
They have always rejected my requests (as they nature is like this) so I will let you know about the process.

I'm actually toying around with setting up an InfoPass appointment for the end of February/beginning of March, specifically to inquire about my name check status.

Hi Friends,

I just want to share with you my FP experience today. As I mentioned before I will be giving birth on January. My original FP appointment date is January 17. I thought of rescheduling it but I know for sure this will delay my application so I decided to try to walk in (I know couple of our friends here successfully did this). I checked their office hours online and they are open today (Saturday until 4pm). I know from experience that this ASC is very busy one but when I arrived there 40 minutes before closing time, no one is there but the guard and another guy finishing up with one applicant. I approach the guard and explained him my situation. The guard then asked the other guy if he will accommodate me, he said yes. After 10 minutes I am done. I am so grateful for their generosity. I thanked them both and wished them happy New Year. Thank you friends, without you and this forum I don’t think I will be brave enough to try to walk in. Happy New Year.

lucy08

Hi Friends,

I just want to share with you my FP experience today. As I mentioned before I will be giving birth on January. My original FP appointment date is January 17. I thought of rescheduling it but I know for sure this will delay my application so I decided to try to walk in (I know couple of our friends here successfully did this). I checked their office hours online and they are open today (Saturday until 4pm). I know from experience that this ASC is very busy one but when I arrived there 40 minutes before closing time, no one is there but the guard and another guy finishing up with one applicant. I approach the guard and explained him my situation. The guard then asked the other guy if he will accommodate me, he said yes. After 10 minutes I am done. I am so grateful for their generosity. I thanked them both and wished them happy New Year. Thank you friends, without you and this forum I don’t think I will be brave enough to try to walk in. Happy New Year.

lucy08

You are brave enough by just immigrating from another country. We are just here to support eachother and nothing else.
Happy New Year to you and your family and ImmigrationPortal's Family.

The USCIS online system website is neither up to date nor accurate. Don't rely on it.

You are right. I can clearly read my SRC number from the back of the check but the system does not have any record of this number. It probably will take some time to show up

FP Done

I have been out of town for the past week so I am sorry for the late post of this information.

After all but giving up on receiving the FP notice in 2007, I received it on Saturday December 22, the day before I left on vacation. I was happy to get the notice until I looked at the appointment date: The FP date on the notice was for 1-17-08, and I will be away on a business trip on that date. Without really thinking about things, I rushed over to the FP office about 20 minutes after I got the notice and asked if they could accomodate me.

I am pleased to inform everybody that I managed something that, to my knowledge, is the fastest ever turnaround of fingerprinting of an N-400 applicant ever recorded on immigration.com. Here are my particulars:

PD: 8-21-07
Check cashed: 10-29-07
NOA: 11-21-07
FP notice: 12-22-07 (12:40pm PST)
FP completed: 12-22-07 (2:10 PST)
FP date on NOA: 1-17-08

CSC, Santa Ana DO.

They were fairly nice at the FP office and the whole thing took only 15 minutes from start to finish. Just remember to leave your cell phone in the car or they make you take it back out. At any rate, it seems that Wenesday or Saturday afternoons are the best times for walk in appointments so in case you need to do a walk in, you might consider those days.

You only need your appointment letter, your GC and your fingers for the appointment. When it is all over, they stamp the NOA, give it back to you and it acts as your receipt that you did the fingerprinting. The whole thing is fairly painless. The worst part is the waiting, which is what I am now doing to hear about the interview. I will keep you all posted but I suspect it could be many months before I hear anything based on backlogs and the way things are going. Not sure how long things will take from this point onward, but I was very glad (and relieved) to get the FP done in 2007.

Best of luck to everybody and Happy New Year!!

Thanks for this encouraging message on the last day of the year!!

I am waiting for my check to be cashed, then NOA, and the FP notice. I am scheduled to be out of the country from 01/22 to 02/12. If I get the FP notice before that, I will try to 'walk-in', failing which, I have to request a postponement.

Good luck to everyone, on the eve of New Year's Day. Happy 2008 !!

Got interview letter

For both me and spouse -- Interview on May 16th 2008
Received interview letter 3/17/2008
FP done 1/15/08 -- for both
RD 12/10/07
ND 12/10/07
mailed application 11/30/07

Dont worry man -- you will get it!
Does anyone know if the selective service letter is needed -- I was on H1B all the time during the age of 23 - 28 after which I got the green card -- so ideally I dont need it -- should I get the letter of status from SSS just in case anyway ?

Hey friends - I was hoping if anyone here could assist me in finding oath ceremony dates in Des Moines, IA. I have been trying to look for the dates but no luck. All I was able to find was dates in Cedar Rapids. If anyone gets a chance, could you please check up on this. I've had no luck! Appreciate it.

Vermont Center (Boston)
03/14/2008 : Mailed to USCIS
03/19/2008 : PD (and Receive Date)
03/20/2008 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)

SSS letter required ?

Hi folks....similar question to the one posed by tt_tt a few days ago. Any thoughts/comments ? Perhaps this question belongs in a different thread.

Thanks in advance

Dont worry man -- you will get it!
Does anyone know if the selective service letter is needed -- I was on H1B all the time during the age of 23 - 28 after which I got the green card -- so ideally I dont need it -- should I get the letter of status from SSS just in case anyway ?