Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this out from Philly DOL board

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53499&perpage=15&pagenumber=150

IT or fishing - you choose

Folks,
I was checking the Philly DOl #'s ad randomly checked to see if they have started any work on Sept cases. Found out that a case received by the Phily DOL on 16th Spet and certified on 29th Sept. The DOT CODE was 521.687-122. So out of sheer curiosity, I found out what this code stood for. And this is what I found out.

DOT CODE was 521.687-122
TITLE(s): SHELLFISH SHUCKER (can. & preserv.) alternate titles: shucker
Shucks fresh or steamed shellfish, such as oysters, clams, or scallops (bivalves), preparatory to canning, freezing, or fresh packing: Holds shellfish firmly or against block and forces shucking knife between halves of shell at hinge juncture. Twists knife to sever muscles holding shell closed and pries open. Cuts shellfish from shell, flips it into container, and discards shell. May break off edges of shells before shucking, using hatchet. May be designated according to shellfish shucked as Clam Shucker (can. & preserv.); Oyster Shucker (can. & preserv.); Scallop Shucker (can. & preserv.).

hmmmmmm....a career change from IT to fishing might not be such a bad idea !
:) What say?

Anybody here want to go Fishing????:D

transmitted to DOL

Received a letter from my attorney, which said that my case was transmitted to DOL on October 31, 2003. Hope to see you guys there.

Fox12.

Re: transmitted to DOL

Congratulations, fox12, and good luck to your future endeavor!

How is Hermant doing? Have you heard anything from MD SESA?
Keep us posted.

Originally posted by fox12
Received a letter from my attorney, which said that my case was transmitted to DOL on October 31, 2003. Hope to see you guys there.

Fox12.

Congratulations! Fox 12, Good Luck.
Did anybody else (from August, September, October) receive any info from their lawyers.
Keep up the spirits, Happy days are here again!

Processing times

Congratulations fox12.

Processing seems to span July thru September. Fox12's processing speed is consistent with the date on the ...2050 AVM. Wonder who the lucky ones from Sept. who got processed.

This is real slow...

Congratulation Fox12
I guess yours got delayed because of errors on the file...
Good luck

Originally posted by fox12
Received response from SESA. But nothing serious at this moment. It just requested me to correct two date mistake in the app form. My attorney will send it back today.

Fox12

Your regular time would have been the time when you got first response

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked with my HR, there is no update on my case yet. My application was filed early sep 2001. Also learned that for some cases they will not get any information from SESA about moving application to the regional office

Celebrating 2 Years 2 months and counting......:confused:

Re: MD Labor

Originally posted by ciril99
Guys,

Check this link out. I found this update on www.murthy.com. Looks like the pilot backlog reduction center in Gaithersburg, Maryland will be closed at the end of 2003

http://www.murthy.com/uklabupd.htmlCiril99

May be intially when this Gaithersburg backlog reduction center started they have target to complete backlog by end of 2003.

seems like the speed they are processing its not possible by then :(

As per jiangnan post, the have officially completed the Sept'2001 :)

Same status with the Philly Regional office, their Voice Mails is giving status as of May 2003 !! It also says that the status is updated weekly. Looks like they follow a different calender where a week > 5 working days !.

I am afraid that we are going to hit another road block at Philly regional office :confused:

The way PERM is being delayed and implementation date has changed from 60 to 120 days after publication of the rule, I assume its going to be released right before election.

Immigrants...We reduced your waiting time..Vote for Our Republican Big Brother. With Economy goin South....what else can get the vote to Big Brother other than war with North Korea..:D

Its disgusting to wait forever. Gosh..when are they gonna reduce the backlogs..:mad:

RSIV,

My case was filed in Aug,2001 . But I've not received any response from SESA either.
When I asked lawyer , she said that there are June case with her , who has not recd any response. FOX 12 got the response may be because SESA asked some corrections in his file. But I'm trying to find what is happening please let me know if you get find any news.

hi guys,
mine was filed in July 18th, 2001. I still have not received any response either. When I asked the immigration office about it, same response. They didn't get most of the receipts. So we don't know the whereabouts of our file. Maybe at the regional. Also she said the ones she received ranged from June to August.

Processing times

A wild guess...

I get the feeling that SESA is biting a few LCs from more recent months so they can report that they are working faster than they really are. I am sure they are under pressure from higher ups to get the work done fast. So the only way they can report that they are working on Oct 01 is by working on a few LCs from that period. That probably explains the span of cases from July - Oct 01. This does go against the first in first out for LCs but there is probably a gray area if they queue the work creatively...

Update on processing

I just spoke to Yolanda Milam. She picked up the phone!

They are processing October 15th RIR cases right now ie. Most of the cases are around October 15th. I asked if they are processing any July cases and she said that they shouldn't be unless there is an issue.

Right now she said a lot of priority cases are being thrown at them hence, they are doing the best they can (I wish I had asked what these priority cases were). :(

She said "The best we can promise is 2 years". She couldn't clarify what that meant. My surmise based on the context she said it in is probably that they will try to complete an LC case 2 years from the date it was received at SESA.

Status
Not open for further replies.