Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Update on processing

For a while, I was getting happy that the dates on the official web site report 1 month old information. Which is not true now - since website rpts Oct 2001 and as per the recent phone con it is at 15th Oct 2001.

rgds...

Re: Re: Update on processing

Originally posted by mdlbr20020531
For a while, I was getting happy that the dates on the official web site report 1 month old information. Which is not true now - since website rpts Oct 2001 and as per the recent phone con it is at 15th Oct 2001.

rgds...

Which phone # did you call, I called 4027672050(july 2001) and 4027672058(sep 5, 2001) they both have old message??

Re: Re: Update on processing

Sorry for the confusion .....

I meant the "phone con" between member "garp" and "Yolanda". The recorded message on the available number is still the same. Which even more depressing.

regds

Philly DOL news

I hope you guys saw the latest news from Philly DOL posted by kishuibm in the Philly DOL thread. There seems to be an unfair impact on EB3 cases. Unfair since they have not taken into account the fact that we advertised in 2001 when the labor market was relatively tight but now are being assessed against today's weak market.

At least that's the way it seems from the DOL guidance which makes no allowances for delays in processing LCs in the various SESAs.

AVM (410 767 2058) still has the old dates.

RIR : Sep 5th, 2001
Non RIR : Apr 5th, 2001

Any update recently?

VM Updated

AVM of 410 767 2058 updated
RIR November 11th 2001
Non RIR April 11th 2001

My guess

MD SEA is processing Nov cases now, but we have not heard anything about the cases in Aug, Sep and Oct from people registered in our tracking list. My guess is, MD SEA probably did not issue notices to these people after sending their cases to Philly, instead they wanted Philly DOL to sent a receipt to these people. But since Philly DOL had been "frozen" for a while in the past two months for whatever reason (maybe focus on NOn-RIR cases or waiting for the new RIR instruction before going ahead to process all RIR cases) until recently (Philly DOL board showed two recent approvals, one for June, one for July), receipts have not been sent out to these applicants or their lawyers.

Anyway I just don't understand why MD SEA has been lazy and has not sent out notice to applicants about their case status, here comes my guess.

My case

I just got an E-mail from our company lawyer, and we just received a remand letter from the Maryland Department of Labor regarding the Labor Certification application. Our company needs to make some minor changes since I have changed position within the company in the past year. I will keep you guys posted.

File date: 10/19/01
Receipt date: 02/15/02

My date in MD sesa is Aug,14 2001. my lawyer has not yet received any info regarding my case in MD sesa. Then I called the following numbers to check the status in Philly DOL and there the files is transferred.
The number is 215-861-5286
Press 1 for permenant applications.
Then 2 for search by Employers tel number.
You should hear your case info.
Mine was received in Philly DOL on Oct 14, 2003.
As there is no gurantee that you will receive info about your case being moved to Philly DOL.

My guess turned out to be true to extent (see previous posting)! Hermant, the Philly DOL seems to be unfrozen now, so you may hear your good news soon!
Could you please tell me what line of business you are in?

Originally posted by hemant2001
My date in MD sesa is Aug,14 2001. my lawyer has not yet received any info regarding my case in MD sesa. Then I called the following numbers to check the status in Philly DOL and there the files is transferred.
As there is no gurantee that you will receive info about your case being moved to Philly DOL.

Re: My case

Hi, toy, congratulations, looks like you will get your LC soon.

But how could MD SEA know that you have changed position? Did your employer report it?

I sometimes do not understand why people bother to notify them, I thought when you reached I140 and 485 stages, BCIS cares nothing about your title, it may pay some attention to your salary though (the higher the better).

Originally posted by toy
I just got an E-mail from our company lawyer, and we just received a remand letter from the Maryland Department of Labor regarding the Labor Certification application. Our company needs to make some minor changes since I have changed position within the company in the past year. I will keep you guys posted.

File date: 10/19/01
Receipt date: 02/15/02

Hey Hemant,
How long did it take you to find out your status at Philly DOL??

I called my lawyer right after MD sesa moved beyond AUG, 2001.
But my lawyer said sometimes SESA does not send the notification regarding moving files to philly, as according to her there were people from July for whom she did not recieve any notification. Then I told her to contact MD sesa then she came back and told me the number. But it took almost 2 months, to figure what is happening. My case was moved to DOL on Oct 14.
So I don;t know when DOL has posted it. But I think DOL is very fast to update atleast the status.

Thanks for providing the information!

I bet MD SEA can finish Nov 01 cases before Christmas. Hopefully they will speed up in January after the holiday season.

I'm Oracle DBA. My dot code provided by MD sesa is 039.162-010

Hi, Guys:

One of my friends checked the progress last week. A lady said they were processing cases on November 19. It seems great, doesn't it?

Re: Re: My case

Jiangnan,

When I switched my position, our law office didn't file a new application for my LC. SEA just wants to verify my current information, since the waiting time has been two years.

http://www.lianglaw.com/Article/2003/120103-changelocation.htm

Originally posted by jiangnan
Hi, toy, congratulations, looks like you will get your LC soon.

But how could MD SEA know that you have changed position? Did your employer report it?

I sometimes do not understand why people bother to notify them, I thought when you reached I140 and 485 stages, BCIS cares nothing about your title, it may pay some attention to your salary though (the higher the better).

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL new update

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Maryland moved up to Nov 01.

Philly DOL remains May 03 for RIR(has been there for 3 months), but regular LC jumped to May 03 from Jan 03, a big leap!
Hopefully they will now switch focus to RIR again, otherwise we will need to wait for a hopeless hope again after the state level.

Status
Not open for further replies.