March Filers, let's get together !!

Sam:
I'm definitely no expert on this, but I would guess that they wouldn't know to link your biometrics to the marriage-based petition since both applications were filed separately a couple of months apart. I'm sure if you take Infopass, the officer could answer whether or not it would be necessary for another biometric or if they could just add the new receipt number to the existing file. Again, I'm just guessing here. Good luck.

Guys I am so happy! I got my receipts today in the mail! Now at least I know everything is rolling!

Here is my time-line so far...

Sent: I-130, I-485, I-765 (03/30/07)
RD: 04/02/07
ND: 04/09/07
Received Receipts: 04/12/07

edit: I received my receipts for the I-130 and the I-485, but nothing for the 765. Is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All !!

h-1 b married to USC
DO - New York City
PO - NBC

I-485/I130/I-765 filed in last week of Feb.
DOR - 03/01/2007
FP - 03/18/2007
RFE(Request for additional evidence) - 3/21/2007 - My Birth certificate did not have my name on it ...so I had to send in additional documentation.
Evidence received on 4/12/07 - case processing has resumed.

I have a question....How does one find out if the FBI name check has been cleared and reported to USCIS?

Thanks...:)

Interview Notice!

This is crazy, I got my interview notice in the mail today!
The interview is on May 17th in San Jose. I mailed all my stuff to NBC on March 16th, received NOA dated March 21st, FP is scheduled for April 25th.

FYI- the notice says "Request to Appear for Initial Interview"..I asked my lawyer why it said initial interview and she said she is not sure but this is "the interview"

:) :eek: :D :p ;) the spouse and I are nervous but excited!!

Case got touched....don't know why?

Hi All,

My case got touched on 4/9/07 and on 4/14/07. I had already received my FP notice on 4/7/07. Any guesses about the reason for these LUDs?

How do you know when your case gets touched?.

Also anyone know how much after receiveing your receipts do you get your FP notice?

This is crazy, I got my interview notice in the mail today!
The interview is on May 17th in San Jose. I mailed all my stuff to NBC on March 16th, received NOA dated March 21st, FP is scheduled for April 25th.

FYI- the notice says "Request to Appear for Initial Interview"..I asked my lawyer why it said initial interview and she said she is not sure but this is "the interview"

:) :eek: :D :p ;) the spouse and I are nervous but excited!!

Wow! Thats really quick! Congrats and good luck. Share your interview experience with us.

How do you know when your case gets touched?.

Also anyone know how much after receiveing your receipts do you get your FP notice?

Espoman,

You can create an account at uscis.gov using your receipt nos. and check the status of your case online. It gives you the Last Updated Date (LUD) - in my case, it doesn't say what action has been taken.

I got my FP notice about 4-5 days after receiving the NOA's.

Cool. Thanks! I already made an account with them. I guess I will log in right now and see if I can find that LUD part.

edit: Okay, I see it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am worried

My interview is in a month. Which means my interview is 2 months after USCIS received my application. I am worried because this is way faster than expected...does it mean they think something is fishy with our case? My USC spouse and I *know* this is a very legal and real marriage, but given that we live on different coasts right now since my spouse is finishing graduate school (which of course USCIS does not know yet), they may be interviewing us this early to find out what's going on with the east coast-west coast living situation? :confused: :(

My interview is in a month. Which means my interview is 2 months after USCIS received my application. I am worried because this is way faster than expected...does it mean they think something is fishy with our case? My USC spouse and I *know* this is a very legal and real marriage, but given that we live on different coasts right now since my spouse is finishing graduate school (which of course USCIS does not know yet), they may be interviewing us this early to find out what's going on with the east coast-west coast living situation? :confused: :(

Vaca100,

I am more inclined to believe that your interview is taking place so soon because your DO is processing cases really fast. Hopefully your name check is done by the time you go for the interview! Even if you are living on different coasts, I think you will be fine as long as you can explain it well to the interviewing officer, show ticket stubs of flights when you visited one another and have other kinds of proof showing that your marriage is genuine.

I guess other people on this forum who are more experienced than I can shed some more light on this. Good luck!

RWDW,
we're on the exact same time line - what is your district office?
Thanks!

My timeline is as follows

Mailed I765 and I485 on 3/16, DO Chicago, IL
RD 3/19
ND 3/26
Receipts notice received 3/28
Finger prints notice received 3/31
Finger prints appointment 4/12

unixtmusa, how did you know that the FBI replied about your finger prints on the same day?
thanks!

I called them. There is an 800 number you can call to get this info but unfortunately, I dont it remember anymore. Used to have it on my sig. If you do call, u will need to have ur A# handy.

unixtmusa, two questions:

Do you get an E-Mail every time there is a LUD?

Did you get your FP notice yet?

:D

My timeline

Hello everyone
I am one of the early march filers and would sincerely appreciate comments
Filed I130, I485 and I765
Mailed to Chicago: March 1, 2007
Recieved notice on 8th March
FP notice on 14th March 2007
FP done on 22nd March 2007
Last Update online was on 26th March 2007 for 765 and 485
Last update for I130 was March 17th

I really dont understand why these dates are not moving for me.

Can anyone take a guess from past experiences as to when can i expect my EAD. I am guessing that my DO is new Orleans. Is there a way to find the exact DO for a given region, if so can anyone let me know.
Thanks

Thank you! This is very helpful (apparently my fingerprints were not discernible enough :eek: , so I've been worried).

I called them. There is an 800 number you can call to get this info but unfortunately, I dont it remember anymore. Used to have it on my sig. If you do call, u will need to have ur A# handy.

i would like to share my timelife:

03/11/2007 send all package
03/16/2007 RD
03/19/2007 ND
03/20/2007 ND for Biometrics
04/03/2007 Biom. appoitment
still waiting

Married to US Citizen, IL state
I-130 Applied - 19 Jan 07
I-130 Approved - 9 Mar 07
I-485 Submitted to Chicago Lock Box - Mar 31 2007
Checks not cashed; Awaiting reciepts/updates