March Filers, let's get together !!

Thx, Vaca....

kkboy,

jbh is under a different DO..Boston I think, and they are moving faster than San Jose. Even though Missouri (NBC) may send the FP letter, it depends on your DO's speed.

I think you should get your wife's FP notice in another week.

Yea, SJ DO is always slower compared to other places.

Question for finger prints

UmpLoop,

It seems that you already had your finger prints taken. Would you please share some information. I only got one finger print notice with code 3. But on the notice it lists both my I765 and I485. Is that normal? Did you do both finger prints for I765 and I485 with one notice on the same day.

thanks a lot

Hello:
My time line is as followed. Good luck to everyone!

My timeline

My timeline is as follows

Mailed I765 and I485 on 3/16, DO Chicago, IL
RD 3/19
ND 3/26
Receipts notice received 3/28
Finger prints notice received 3/31
Finger prints appointment 4/12

An update from my side

H1-B married to USC
D.O: Manchester, NH
Forms mailed: I-130, I-485, G-325a, I-864, I-693 and supplement

3/19/07: Mailed forms to VSC (my mistake should have mailed to Chicago lockbox)
3/21/07: RD
3/30/07: ND
4/2/07: Checks encashed
4/3/07: Received receipt notice in mail with the RD and ND mentioned above.
4/7/07: Received FP appointment notice in mail
4/17/07: FP appointment

Biometrics

UmpLoop,

It seems that you already had your finger prints taken. Would you please share some information. I only got one finger print notice with code 3. But on the notice it lists both my I765 and I485. Is that normal? Did you do both finger prints for I765 and I485 with one notice on the same day.

thanks a lot

RWDW:
My notice was the same as yours. They just captured the prints once and assigned that info to both applications. After biometrics are completed, the officer will ask you to review your information (the spelling of name, address, receipt numbers, etc.). Be sure to thoroughly inspect everything because one of my receipt numbers was actually typed in incorrectly. My wait was over an hour in a very crowded room. Bring a book! Good luck to you!

JBH:
I just wonder why did you receive notice from NBC in Missouri? aren't we supposed to send the petition to NBC in Chicago?

Hi Imshao,
Yes, we have to send the petition to the Chicago lockbox, but I think the NBC main office is in Missouri.

People, please correct me if I am wrong.

Our file just got touched yesterday. Hopefully it is for FP processing. I have a question to all that have FP appointments already scheduled and are doing both I-485 and I-765. Am I going to get separate the NOAs for FP? If so, will I receive them in the mail at the same time? I am wondering how that works.

Thank you.

Good luck to you too!

RWDW:
My notice was the same as yours. They just captured the prints once and assigned that info to both applications. After biometrics are completed, the officer will ask you to review your information (the spelling of name, address, receipt numbers, etc.). Be sure to thoroughly inspect everything because one of my receipt numbers was actually typed in incorrectly. My wait was over an hour in a very crowded room. Bring a book! Good luck to you!

Our file just got touched yesterday. Hopefully it is for FP processing. I have a question to all that have FP appointments already scheduled and are doing both I-485 and I-765. Am I going to get separate the NOAs for FP? If so, will I receive them in the mail at the same time? I am wondering how that works.

You will receive only one notice for FP. The same thing is applicable to I-765 and I-485, you will see that mentioned on your FP receipt.

Thanks vaca100. I really hope thats it. Makes scheduling for the FP much easier. I saw in some other earlier threads other ppl get 2 NOAs with diff dates for FP. If its now streamlined to 1 thats better.

Espoman, based on your timeline, urs is due any day now. Good luck dude!

No FP letter yet.

Sam,

Wash DC DO is slow but this is still taking forever. I would make an InfoPass appointment, go to the office, and ask to speak with an officer. Be firm but polite until you get a useful answer (i.e. a date in hand for your FP appointment ideally)

Good luck.

Forms sent to wrong place

I just found this forum, and it has been quite informative.
I am a March filer but I am not sure if I can put my timelines below because of a mistake on my part.
Myself and my spouse sent our form I-130 to a wrong center. I just discovered that when i came across this forum today. We have called them and they said the forms would be sent back.
Does anyone have anyideas what i should do next. And howdoes this impact on the other forms sent to the Chicago lockbox.

Thanks

I just found this forum, and it has been quite informative.
I am a March filer but I am not sure if I can put my timelines below because of a mistake on my part.
Myself and my spouse sent our form I-130 to a wrong center. I just discovered that when i came across this forum today. We have called them and they said the forms would be sent back.
Does anyone have anyideas what i should do next. And howdoes this impact on the other forms sent to the Chicago lockbox.

Thanks
Well if they are sending you everything back, I would think just re-organize everything and send it to Chicago. :confused:

I already sent a some to chicago, just the I-130 I sent to vermont would be returned.
Do i need to wait for an RFE before sending it again? Or just re-organize and send it again, since the AOS, and EAD applications have already been sent to chicago?

p.s, Thanks for the swift response.

Sam,

Wash DC DO is slow but this is still taking forever. I would make an InfoPass appointment, go to the office, and ask to speak with an officer. Be firm but polite until you get a useful answer (i.e. a date in hand for your FP appointment ideally)

Good luck.

I honestly wouldn't say that it has taken "forever," since it's only been less than a month since your receipt date. If it goes on for longer than a month, then maybe...

FP Issue

Yes Thank You. I think I am gonna wait another a week of two before I call the 800#.
I applied for another I-765 based on employment on ND: 2/12/07 and I received FP appoint letter with ND 2/16/07 for FP on 3/9/2007. I don't think these FPs would count for my marriage based I-765.

I also had another I-485 related Biometric (Code 3) done in 2004 (based on employment). I passed the background check since.

Are they skipping this for me this time? since they still have fresh FPs.

If you take a look at your I-765 and I-485 receipts, under BIOMETRICS it says The next step is to have your biometrics taken, if required, at a US Citizenship ......etc.