March Filers, let's get together !!

vaca100

Registered Users (C)
I am starting a new thread for those of us who filed for GC based on marriage to a USC.
let's get together and share our experiences. Questions, venting, rants, suggestions all welcome :) Of course those who have already been through this process or are farther ahead (not the March filers of course) are more than welcome to help us out. Thanks!!!:)

-------------------
I don't have all the terminologies right yet, but here goes-
FedEx'ed 763,130,485, etc. to NSC on 03/16/2007
Receipts received on 03/24/2007

I am in...

(130, 485, 864, 693 )sent to CHICAGO LOKBOX on 3/23/o7
Recvd by USCIS: 03/26/07
Checks encashed - NOT YET
ND ?
FP ?
Interview?
GC in hand - priceless..but when ?

Green Card AOS March 2007 Timeline

I-130 upgraded over the phone 3/15/05, received notice of change by mail on 3/23, and asking you to send Cert. of Nat., letter generated 3/19 at 7:30AM.

AOS package with copy of I-130, Cert. of Nat except I-131 received on 3/19/2007 at the Chicago Lockbox.

As of 3/29/07 no notice yet, no checks cashed.

Interview someday at Washington, DC DO.

We'll keep you posted.

Sam--

what certificate of naturalization? Not US citizenship certificate I assume....
(else why would there be a GC being filed)

I think you may be in the wrong thread. Of course you are welcome to stick around but this thread was really meant for those who have filed for their GC based on marriage to a USC in March 2007.

March 2007 Timeline AOS

Vaca-
My wife was a green card holder up until 2 weeks ago when she received her US Citizenship. We decided in August 2006 to file an I-130 (Relative of Permanent Resident) since my own employment AOS case was not going well(another story). When she became a US Citizen on 3/15/07, we upgraded the I-130 to I-130 (Relative of US citizen) over the phone (800 #), we gave them her citizenship number, they gave us a confirmation number then I sent the whole AOS file to the Chicago lockbox as described in my earlier post, which includes:
I-130 Notice of Action with 8/23/06 PD (priority date), I wrote down the confirmation number they gave me, a brief explanation, and attached a copy of the certificate that proves her US citizenship.

I did my medical (which is the second time for me). We filed support, just the EZ version. I-485, I-765, $$$$ of course. Etc... All other evidences needed I have them from other AOS application.

Another thing since I already have another adjustment of status pending with a complete background check, I might be served faster than some of the March 2007 people. Do you think I should post under August 2006 timeline if there is one because My I-130 PD is 8/23/2006? Is this the right thread for me or not?

Good luck to all of us.

Sam--

Thanks for describing your situation and sorry about the misunderstanding.

Good luck to all of us, indeed!!

Sam--
You are welcome to stay on the thread..not like I own it or anything :)
It won't hurt us to hear about general stuff like interviews, etc. anyway.

March 2007 Timeline AOS

A follow up to my previous posts. File received in Chicago on 3/19/07, checks cashed on 3/29. I will post my PD and stuff once I receive them by mail so we can start this journey.

Hopefully this is the last time in my life I go through these types of procedures. The N-400 is then a piece of cake. I think I exhausted all the possibilities. B2/ F1/H1/ I-140 NIW/I-485 adjustment, now I-130/ I-485, but I think this time it's solid. I should have listened to some of my F1 friends back in mid 90s, who suggested to get married when I just started those ESL classes. We were babies at that time and thought the sky was the limit. It was also the 90ies, Clinton years, economy was doing well, dot com days, you could pull 50 hours working on campus and everybody was fine with it. Not like today, I heard 20 hours is really enforced.

I thank god first for not falling out of status all these years.

Some of us have been here in the US for way too long as non-immigrants. They should give us the Emeritus status.

Anyways, enough venting.

Good day to all of you.

A follow up to my previous posts. File received in Chicago on 3/19/07, checks cashed on 3/29. I will post my PD and stuff once I receive them by mail so we can start this journey.

Hopefully this is the last time in my life I go through these types of procedures. The N-400 is then a piece of cake. I think I exhausted all the possibilities. B2/ F1/H1/ I-140 NIW/I-485 adjustment, now I-130/ I-485, but I think this time it's solid. I should have listened to some of my F1 friends back in mid 90s, who suggested to get married when I just started those ESL classes. We were babies at that time and thought the sky was the limit. It was also the 90ies, Clinton years, economy was doing well, dot com days, you could pull 50 hours working on campus and everybody was fine with it. Not like today, I heard 20 hours is really enforced.

I thank god first for not falling out of status all these years.

Some of us have been here in the US for way too long as non-immigrants. They should give us the Emeritus status.

Anyways, enough venting.

Good day to all of you.

I don't blame you for venting. The procedure does really suck, and totally agree with the emeritus status.
I strongly feel that all the new permanent residents and citizens should actively work to spread awareness about the plight of *legal* immigrants. I think the "new americans" when they become so, are so tired of having gone through the immigration process that they don't want to deal with ever again.
However, the least we can do is right to our congressman/woman about issues we think are important, and keep sending them until you think they have done something about it.

I am definitely already participating in the area, and once become more permanent will only continue to spend more time. I may get jaded eventually, let's see.

Yea dude, I wasn't here during the Bill Clinton days but it sure seemed like a really good time!
Ha, like I read somewhere, "Monica L. had more Pres in her mouth than the current (guess who :p ) in his entire body." I rephrased it so I dont get hunted down.

I didn't come up with this, please no one report me!! :D

March Filer

This is truely a great forum, and I have learned tremendously amount of valuable information on this site. I wish I came across this site a little early while I was spending tons of hours preparing my package back in Feb.

My information:
H-1B marrying USC
DO: Boston, MA
RD: 3/8/07
ND: 3/12/07
FP (NOA): 3/14/07
FP: 3/31/07

This is truely a great forum, and I have learned tremendously amount of valuable information on this site. I wish I came across this site a little early while I was spending tons of hours preparing my package back in Feb.

My information:
H-1B marrying USC
DO: Boston, MA
RD: 3/8/07
ND: 3/12/07
FP (NOA): 3/14/07
FP: 3/31/07

You are right Paolly, it definitely provides for a good support system while keeping our identities anonymous.
Making sure-- you received your receipts on March 12th, and then another one on the 14th for fingerprinting ?
That's pretty fast! :)

Ok. I'm glad there is a new thread for March 2007 filers. I just started mine for my spouse's AOS last Monday. I just became a US citizen a week ago. This forum has helped me a lot during my natz process. I'm so glad to have come across this forum early on my natz application and now spouse's AOS journey. It certainly made my/our apps a lot easier to understand doing everything on my/our own. Below is my timeline.

FP question

Received my FP notice today 4/2/07 for an appointment on 4/25.
What is the next step? Will I be issued an EAD card on the same day as FP?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
my update

err..my wife's update:

(130, 485, 864, 693 )sent to CHICAGO LOKBOX on 3/23/o7
Recvd by USCIS: 03/25/07
RD: 03/25/2007
ND: 03/29/07
LUD (130, 485) : 03/31/2007
Checks Encashed: 04/02/2007
Received receipts in mail : 04/02/2007
FP ?

Interview?

GC in hand - priceless..but when ?

Vaca, EAD takes it own route, don't expect it ~ fingerprinting. It takes ~90 days (EAD)

Last edited by a moderator:
My timeline

Hi All,

Here's my timeline -

I-130,485,693,864,765,131 sent to Chicago Lockbox - 3/23/07
Package received by USCIS - 3/25/07

No notification from USCIS and checks not encashed yet.

lud =

last update date also knows as 'last touched'

RD = receipt date

ND = notice date