March Filers, let's get together !!

Hi All,

Here's my timeline -

I-130,485,693,864,765,131 sent to Chicago Lockbox - 3/23/07
Package received by USCIS - 3/25/07

No notification from USCIS and checks not encashed yet.

It is interesting to note that KKBOY has the same timeline and he has movement in his application and yours doesn't. My application was filed the following Monday and I haven't received anything either.

update...

...got touched today ( hopefully it's for BIO)

What's your District Office, every1 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing KKboy mentioning LUD update. I checked myuscis and there was an LUD on my I765 and I 485 too on 4/03.

My timeline so far:
I-130 PD 8/23/06
I-485 and I 765 -RD 3/22/07 and ND 3/28

DO: Wash, DC (One of the slowest)

Bonne Chance Les Amis/Amies

JBH,

comparing your timeline with mine, my guess is that you will get your receipts by this time next week.

Hi All,

Here's my timeline -

I-130,485,693,864,765,131 sent to Chicago Lockbox - 3/23/07
Package received by USCIS - 3/25/07

No notification from USCIS and checks not encashed yet.

My DO

Hey guys my DO is Los Angeles, how are they as far as speed? :rolleyes:

Espo,
check how they are processing the N-400. If it's around 6 month then you should expect them to process your GC in a reasonable timeline assuming background goes well. If it takes longer than that for them to process the N-400, then they suck. Wash Dc processes N-400 in 9 months, that's why they call it one of the slowest in the nation.

Update!

JBH,

comparing your timeline with mine, my guess is that you will get your receipts by this time next week.

Got the receipts today!

RD - 3/25/07
ND - 3/30/07
Checks encashed - 4/3/07

Can't access the case status online yet. I'm glad things are rolling along!

Got the receipts today!

RD - 3/25/07
ND - 3/30/07
Checks encashed - 4/3/07

Can't access the case status online yet. I'm glad things are rolling along!

Oh....forgot to add this - DO is Boston, MA.

Ok. We havent received the NOAs yet but the checks were cashed yesterday. I assume that the NOAs should follow in a day or two. The DO I had on my N400 was Cherry Hill, NJ and it took 9 months to process, no issues with name check or FBI. Most likely, my wife's AOS will occur in the same DO unless informed differently, other possibility is Newark which is faster. I am hoping too that the AOS processing for my wife will be as smooth as my N400. Good luck to all of us!

Hi All:
Thank you for maintaining an highly informative thread :)
Here is my timeline:

H1-B married to USC
D.O: Manchester, NH
Forms mailed: I-130, I-485, G-325a, I-864, I-693 and supplement

3/19/07: Mailed forms to VSC (my mistake should have mailed to Chicago lockbox)
3/21/07: RD
3/30/07: ND
4/2/07: Checks encashed
4/3/07: Received receipt notice in mail with the RD and ND mentioned above.

update in signature

...got touched again today....better be for my interview letter... jk :p

kkboy,

I see that your DO is San Jose. Mine is San Jose too. How was your experience?

The only time I went there was to fight for EAd that I applied after graduating from college (om F-1 Visa). The guy at the front desk was not too nice but I was persistent and met with an officer lady who was very nice and helped out a lot.

Got touched means, he went to the uscis website where he's registered with it, he first logs on so he can access each application he has filed with them and keep track of its movements. Please Go to the uscis website and register if you'd like to. This is also known as LUD.

Got touched means, he went to the uscis website where he's registered with it, he first logs on so he can access each application he has filed with them and keep track of its movements. Please Go to the uscis website and register if you'd like to. This is also known as LUD.

Thanks. I have already registered...

experience...at SJ for N400 ?

kkboy,

I see that your DO is San Jose. Mine is San Jose too. How was your experience?

The only time I went there was to fight for EAd that I applied after graduating from college (om F-1 Visa). The guy at the front desk was not too nice but I was persistent and met with an officer lady who was very nice and helped out a lot.

Vaca, I agree with you, the guy at the front desk was miserable. Won't expect much help foom him, very unfriendly and detached. Hopefully, I don't have to walk in again and meet him for my spouse's name check status.. let's see. Stay in touch, we can track each other's progress and get an idea of the progress at san jose DO. Took me 7 months for citizenship, hopefully this GC is faster than that.
Sam, yes, thx for clarifying the "touch".

hey Vaca...

Received my FP notice today 4/2/07 for an appointment on 4/25.
What is the next step? Will I be issued an EAD card on the same day as FP?

Thanks.

...do you plan to go earlier for the FP ?
Let me know, I am planning to take my wife a week earlier. Since we are at the same DO and FP (charcot ave)...asking what you think about doing. Hopefully, u will go and let me know and then I will do the same :)

Vaca, I agree with you, the guy at the front desk was miserable. Won't expect much help foom him, very unfriendly and detached. Hopefully, I don't have to walk in again and meet him for my spouse's name check status.. let's see. Stay in touch, we can track each other's progress and get an idea of the progress at san jose DO. Took me 7 months for citizenship, hopefully this GC is faster than that.
Sam, yes, thx for clarifying the "touch".

kkboy,

LOL I mean it is possible that *the guy at the front desk* we are both talking about could be 2 different guys, but most of them tend to be unhelpful and impolite nontheless.

I am worried about the interview b/c my spouse and I live on 2 different coasts since (the spouse) is finishing up grad school, though *all* our finances are intermingled, and we are talking some serious money from both sides, but not sure if that is enough to convince the interviewer...of course we will also get the pictures and letters in order before the interview. Also my spouse will be moving here upon graduation...should be this time next year but the interview should be around November of this year.

I have already posed this question on another thread I think, but any suggestions/opinions on how it may work out for us at the interview? :confused:

...do you plan to go earlier for the FP ?
Let me know, I am planning to take my wife a week earlier. Since we are at the same DO and FP (charcot ave)...asking what you think about doing. Hopefully, u will go and let me know and then I will do the same :)

kkboy,

Have you received a notice yet for your wife's FP?

I am going when the FP has been scheduled for. I do not believe a week or so is going to do anything, besides a different date than the one they scheduled and the one I went to (if different) can create confusion, and the one week or whatever I thought would put me ahead in the process may actually prolong it due to the resulting potential confusion.

I will keep you updated on the progress though, and please do the same!

thx, vaca..

...no I haven't recvd the FP notice yet ( hope to see it in the mailbox once I get home). Yea, I agree, FP shud just happen on the date it's supposed to... :)..no need to hurry for no reason.