March Filers, let's get together !!

Hey guys I got a new interview date. I received a letter from my Local Office yesterday saying that to come in for an interview. The new date: 7/31/07 @ 10:40AM.

My interview experience.

Interview at 9:10 but we're called at 9:30...the officer was an older Asian man....first Id's so gave him my EAD card my husband his DL....we sat down and surprisingly he asked my husband when and how me met...proof of his citizenship...how much money he made last year...is he with the same employer as stated in one of the forms (he had my file in front of him and he was turning pages back and forth)...then he wanted his pay stubs...marriage cert.
It looked like I wasn't in that room with them....I was just giving him the documents.... he asked about last year taxes....after all that talking he asked me my date of birth (he had a really strong accent and could not understand neither my husband so he had to repeat that question 2 or 3 times)...when I came first time to US then when second time..birth cert....then he said so "What else do you have for me?" so I gave him our bank statement,utility bills and health insurance....so he said what else - I said I have my I130 approv. notice and he"...oooo you do?ok"...what else so I gave him I 94 ....then from my file he showed some forms and asked is that my signature and my husband too...my current address,telephone nr & cell....then my passport and asked if I have copies of our Id's and my passport I said no.
The whole time (approx. 20 minutes) constantly he was turning pages in my files up and down like he was looking for something... like he was hyper :D :D
....a then he said "approved you should get your green card in 1 month let's go and make copies"...we looked at him and he goes "let's go let's go take your bag we are not coming back to the office.."
THE END
:) :) :) :D :p :

He didn't take my I94 or EAD card just made copies.

Hey willow234, ur interview is today. Can u check back and share ur experience? The best of luck to u man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Willow234! Another success for March filers!

Espoman, good to hear you got notice for a new interview date. Good luck man.

My interview experience.

Interview at 9:10 but we're called at 9:30...the officer was an older Asian man....first Id's so gave him my EAD card my husband his DL....we sat down and surprisingly he asked my husband when and how me met...proof of his citizenship...how much money he made last year...is he with the same employer as stated in one of the forms (he had my file in front of him and he was turning pages back and forth)...then he wanted his pay stubs...marriage cert.
It looked like I wasn't in that room with them....I was just giving him the documents.... he asked about last year taxes....after all that talking he asked me my date of birth (he had a really strong accent and could not understand neither my husband so he had to repeat that question 2 or 3 times)...when I came first time to US then when second time..birth cert....then he said so "What else do you have for me?" so I gave him our bank statement,utility bills and health insurance....so he said what else - I said I have my I130 approv. notice and he"...oooo you do?ok"...what else so I gave him I 94 ....then from my file he showed some forms and asked is that my signature and my husband too...my current address,telephone nr & cell....then my passport and asked if I have copies of our Id's and my passport I said no.
The whole time (approx. 20 minutes) constantly he was turning pages in my files up and down like he was looking for something... like he was hyper :D :D
....a then he said "approved you should get your green card in 1 month let's go and make copies"...we looked at him and he goes "let's go let's go take your bag we are not coming back to the office.."
THE END

Nice and smooth, did he stamp ur passport?

Congratulations to both of you.

My interview experience.

THE END

Well, I have heard more than once that Adjudicating Officers do not have the I-551 stamp... only the officers that you reach through an Infopass Appt. :rolleyes:

That won't prevent me from asking for one though ;) :p

Well, I have heard more than once that Adjudicating Officers do not have the I-551 stamp... only the officers that you reach through an Infopass Appt. :rolleyes:

Yeah that sucks.. i will ask too. But here in Philadelphia, you can get an INFOPASS appointment the same day. So if I am approved, I might go back to the office to ask for a stamp in my passport. I mean one needs it anyways if they are to travel right?

I think that varies with each DO, because my passport was stamped by the adjudicating officer. Willow, did you ask if you background check was done?

No, I haven't - he said "Ok so approved you'll get your green card in a month...." ....I was so happy that we left fast..... I figured if the name check was pending he would;ve said something....

I haven't asked about my passport to be stamped.... I want to go back to Europe in September but when I get my green card why do I need a stamp?

I think that varies with each DO, because my passport was stamped by the adjudicating officer. Willow, did you ask if you background check was done?

Anybody with ND Feb Last week or later received Interview letter with DO : Washington DC.

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: 05/18/07
Interview: ?