March Filers, let's get together !!

Washington DC office is very slow so I am expecting my interview to be sometime in December or in 2008.

No, I haven't - he said "Ok so approved you'll get your green card in a month...." ....I was so happy that we left fast..... I figured if the name check was pending he would;ve said something....

I haven't asked about my passport to be stamped.... I want to go back to Europe in September but when I get my green card why do I need a stamp?

You won't need a stamp in your passport if you have the physical permanent resident card. I don't mean to worry you, but I have heard stories of people who are told that are approved at the interview then heard nothing afterwards. Only after they make an infopass appointment, then they find out that their name checks were still pending. Have you received emails about I130 and I1485 approval and another email welcoming a new resident?

I moved from fairfax, VA to Richmond, VA. Richmond comes under diffrent field office(Norfolk, VA). Will this affect my timelines. I am still waiting for Interview letter... no updates on my I130 or I485 other than change of address which I did online...

Please help.......

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: 05/18/07
Interview: ?

Washington DC DO

I am also in Wash DC. Been stuck there since ND of 03/02/07. Althought my wife got the EAD in 30 days, but after that there has been no movement at all. Now we were planning to go to India, but we cannot since I talked to the lady at USCIS and she said that Wash DC is processing 485 from Sept 2006, so your case may be processed 6 months from now or 6 days from now. This is so frustrating since we cannot go anywhere until our interview.

Question to the gurus....We do have AP, but what happens if our interview letter comes while we are in India? I know the status will be updated online, but will they mention what is the interview date? Can we call their 800 number and find out what is our interview date, so we can pre-pone our trip??

If the interview letter comes in the mail, you probably won't even get an email. (I did not).

The best bet is having someone (friend or family) pick your mail and tell you what it says. It should be a month or so after you get the letter until your interview... for how long do you plan on traveling?

Thanks Praetorian the eleventh! We were planning to go for 4 weeks starting July 24. But I have a feeling that just before our departure date, we will get the interview call. I will probably have some friend or neighbor pick our mail and go thru it (altho it will be embarrassing when he sees that I subscribe to the Victoria's secret catalog).

supporting Document

Unixtmosa,
I hopr you are all prepared and set for your upcomnig interview.wich you very good luck.

I am in process of preparing my supporting document( for my wife AOS).Can you please provide the list of supporting document which we need to bring with us.

thanks a lot for your usual cooperation.

thanks/kab901

I got the Welcome Notice in the mail today and my I130 was approved few weeks ago.

You won't need a stamp in your passport if you have the physical permanent resident card. I don't mean to worry you, but I have heard stories of people who are told that are approved at the interview then heard nothing afterwards. Only after they make an infopass appointment, then they find out that their name checks were still pending. Have you received emails about I130 and I1485 approval and another email welcoming a new resident?

I moved Field Office from Washington DC to Norfolk. I got my interview letter yesterday. I never thought moving will fasten my case....

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: 05/18/07
Interview: 09/10/07

Congrats, Kumar. I am curious as to how one can change district offices? I am also stuck at the Wash DC DO since last Oct. So how did you change yours to Norfolk? Please share. Thanks and good luck!

I130,I765,I485 mailed 3/15/07
recieved 3/20/07
biometric 3/29
recieved EAD 4/19
interview 5/29 I130,I485 approved/pending name check
infopass 7/16 name check cleared

district office columbus ohio