March Filers, let's get together !!

good luck

Guys wish you very good luck in your interivew.kindly keep us posted.with your Interview experiences.(question details...e.t.c)

Unixtmusa----7/25
myredneck----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27

Regards...kab901

Guys wish you very good luck in your interivew.kindly keep us posted.with your Interview experiences.(question details...e.t.c)

Unixtmusa----7/25
myredneck----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27

Regards...kab901

myredneck----7/25???? Who is that?

Unixtmusa----7/25
myredneck----7/25
Gurge---------7/26
Okongo-------7/27

Regards...kab901

Our interview was today and it really went very well. We were scheduled for 1:15pm but was called around 12:50 by a male IO. He ushered us into his office, showed where we can sit but was told to remain standing and took oath. We then sat down and he asked me first to present 3 IDs which were my drivers license, passport and natz cert. My wife was asked to do the same. We were then asked to present the original copies of my natz cert (which I already gave him), our marriage cert, my divorce decree, my wife's birth cert, and our daughters birth cert. He was also asking for the 2006 tax return when he realized he already got the copy we sent with I-485. He asked me where I live, date of birth, my profession and asked my wife the same thing. He then asked my wife the same questions on the form about being arrested, being member of the communist party, etc to which she said no to all. I was so nervous when the IO began asking her these questions because my wife has a knack for being funny at the wrong moments sometimes but she did well on this :)

The IO proceeded to ask her how we met and my wife responded that we were introduced by her sister whose husband happens to be a best buddy of mine. He asked us separately where and when we were married. After we replied, it was a civil ceremony in Cherry Hill NJ, he then looked at me and asked if any of my relatives where around to which I said no. My wife did say that her sister and brother in law were present. He asked for the wedding pictures which we showed him from an album that also contained other pics of our travel and most recently our daughters christening. We showed him pics of our house too and told him that we had it re-modelled prior to moving in. He asked how long it took and responded about 1.5 months.

He then took her passport and stamped it with I-551 while explaining what it is for, how long it will be valid and to expect the GC in about 2 weeks. He also said that because we were presented to him less than 2 years into our marriage, her GC is conditional and should apply for the removal of conditions between 4/25/09 - 7/24/09. He shook our hands and exclaimed that this was an easy case to handle. He was quite nice and friendly. Overall, the experience was easy and non-confrontational.

So there you go guys, my wife and I prepared much more than the actual proceedings that took place today. We had sworn affidavits from friends and docs up the my nose to prove authenticity of our marriage but he didn't ask for it so I didn't volunteer. But no regrets on our side as I always believed to prepare for the worst kind of interrogation possible.

I would like to thank this forum and everyone for all the insights and information, accurate ones if I may add, that started with my NATZ journey in 6/06 and became a citizen on 3/07. Immediately following that, we applied for my wife's AOS and our timeline is below.

I will be coming back here for a couple of weeks more to answer any questions you may have. To all of of you guys, I wish u luck and success in your journey as well....

Last edited by a moderator:
Our interview was today and it really went very well. We were scheduled for 1:15pm but was called around 12:50 by a male IO. He ushered us into his office, showed where we can sit but was told to remain standing and took oath. We then sat down and he asked me first to present 3 IDs which were my drivers license, passport and natz cert. My wife was asked to do the same. We were then asked to present the original copies of my natz cert (which I already gave him), our marriage cert, my divorce decree, my wife's birth cert, and our daughters birth cert. He was also asking for the 2006 tax return when he realized he already got the copy we sent with I-485. He asked me where I live, date of birth, my profession and asked my wife the same thing. He then asked my wife the same questions on the form about being arrested, being member of the communist party, etc to which she said no to all. I was so nervous when the IO began asking her these questions because my wife has a knack for being funny at the wrong moments sometimes but she did well on this :)

The IO proceeded to ask her how we met and my wife responded that we were introduced by her sister whose husband happens to be a best buddy of mine. He asked us separately where and when we were married. After we replied, it was a civil ceremony in Cherry Hill NJ, he then looked at me and asked if any of my relatives where around to which I said no. My wife did say that her sister and brother in law were present. He asked for the wedding pictures which we showed him from an album that also contained other pics of our travel and most recently our daughters christening. We showed him pics of our house too and told him that we had it re-modelled prior to moving in. He asked how long it took and responded about 1.5 months.

He then took her passport and stamped it with I-551 while explaining what it is for, how long it will be valid and to expect the GC in about 2 weeks. He also said that because we were presented to him less than 2 years into our marriage, her GC is conditional and should apply for the removal of conditions between 4/25/09 - 7/24/09. He shook our hands and exclaimed that this was an easy case to handle. He was quite nice and friendly. Overall, the experience was easy and non-confrontational.

So there you go guys, my wife and I prepared much more than the actual proceedings that took place today. We had sworn affidavits from friends and docs up the my nose to prove authenticity of our marriage but he didn't ask for it so I didn't volunteer. But no regrets on our side as I always believed to prepare for the worst kind of interrogation possible.

I would like to thank this forum and everyone for all the insights and information, accurate ones if I may add, that started with my NATZ journey in 6/07 and became a citizen on 3/07. Immediately following that, we applied for my wife's AOS and our timeline is below.

I will be coming back here for a couple of weeks more to answer any questions you may have. To all of of you guys, I wish u luck and success in your journey as well....

Congrats ~ am surprised though that the Philly Do just down the road from you couldn't stamp my passport :)

Post Interview;

Hey since your post approval period.. what have you recived from USCIS? Just curious... By the way did they give you back your Notice letter? They took mine, forgot to ask for it.. So i have no proof that I went to the interview.. when I come to think of it now!

Approved at interview today! I'll post my experience soon when I get some time. I'll have a beer or three for those still pending. Thanks, everyone.