March Filers, let's get together !!

Detailed Interview Experience (Long Post)

Here’s My Interview Experience.

We arrived at the Atlanta - DO @ 1:00pm, We went thru security and went to the 3rd floor. We gave the interview letter to the window and sat down to wait. Our appointment is @ 1:30pm but our names was called @ 2:00pm. The IO swore us in then told us to sit down and take out my passport and my wife’s driver’s license.

Questions the IO asked my wife (USC):

So you are the petitioner?
What is your name?
What is your birthday?
Is this your signature?
Is this the right social security number?

Questions the IO asked me:

She asked me all the questions on the I-485 form upto all the no question.
That is:

What is your name?
When were you born?
Name of your mother?
Name of your father?
Are you working right now?

Up to….

Did you ……?
Is this your signature?
Is this your phone number?

Questions the IO asked us together:

How did you guys meet?
How long did you know each other before you got married?
You got married where?
When?
What kind of wedding?
Did any of my family attended the wedding?
Did any of my wife’s family attended the wedding?

Documents the IO asked us:

Original birth certificates
Original marriage certificate
And any documents that would prove our life together
We showed joint bank account statement, credit cards and debit cards in both our names, car insurance, renter’s insurance and proof that I was my wife’s 100% beneficiary on my wife’s retirement benefits.
She also look at all the photos brought to the interview. (46 pictures all together)

The IO photocopied our ID’s and my passport and said to my wife that the I-130 is approved and told me that the I-485 is also approved. She told me that it means I am eligible to get the conditional green card and told me about the form I-751. IO also told me to expect the card between 2 to 3 weeks and gave me back my passport and my EAD.

All in all it was a very pleasant experience. Now I just need to wait for the card in the mail.

Sorry if this post is to long. Goodluck to anyone else in line for their interview.

Good luck Espoman

Hi Espoman,

I know this message is coming a bit late, but I think your interview is today (in 1 0 minutes I think!) Good luck and let us know what happens

Hi Espoman,

I know this message is coming a bit late, but I think your interview is today (in 1 0 minutes I think!) Good luck and let us know what happens
Thanks Vaca! I just wanted to say that... I GOT APPROVED!!! Took less than 10 minutes. I have to go to work but I will post my story later tonight. Thanks to everyone for their support.

CONGRATS EspoMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Thanks Vaca! I just wanted to say that... I GOT APPROVED!!! Took less than 10 minutes. I have to go to work but I will post my story later tonight. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Had my interview on 6/27, nothing negative, just the fact that the doctor forgot to check two boxes on the medical (which isnt our fault) Anyhow, mailed our response two days later. The problem is, I havent been touched since mid june, and the office hasn't gotten back to me as to whether they received my response. Anyone with a similar experience?

Had my interview on 6/27, nothing negative, just the fact that the doctor forgot to check two boxes on the medical (which isnt our fault) Anyhow, mailed our response two days later. The problem is, I havent been touched since mid june, and the office hasn't gotten back to me as to whether they received my response. Anyone with a similar experience?

make infopass and inquire.

My Interview Experience 8/15/07

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but I had my interview yesterday in Manhattan NY so here's my experience:

Arrived shorty before our 9:45 appointment, waiting in the waiting room until 11:00am until the officer called our name. He was a west indian fellow in his mid 30s, fairly nice it seemed. He swore us in when we got to his office. We were asked for our marriage certificate, his birth certificate and divorce decree, and my birth certificate and passport. He asked me where my husband works, where he was born, some questions about his son and ex wife, and asked me to verify our number and address. He asked my husband about his ex wife and son, and whether my father is still alive, where I was born, and whether my family still lives there. He asked for pictures so we gave him about 15, he chose about 5 and stapled them into the folder. And then he gave us the paper about the 90 days before the 2 years thing and said we were approved. And that I should get my GC in 2 weeks or so. He stamped my passport and I asked what I do with my EAD and AP and he said just to throw them away. And that was that, the whole process took about 10 minutes :) He asked alot less questions and barely asked for proof at all besides the pictures. Which from what I understand on here is odd! Good luck to everyone!