Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Sent my application on July 28 2007.
I had my finger prints done on 12/18/2007
My interview date is May 15. It will be in Plaza del Sol (East Los Angeles) at 7:45 AM.

Thank God!

Are you Los Angeles DO? Nothing against you personally, but how does someone who has a PD 10 days after me already have an interview, and I still don't? :eek:

Are you Los Angeles DO? Nothing against you personally, but how does someone who has a PD 10 days after me already have an interview, and I still don't? :eek:
Probably because of the haphazard way the USCIS processes applications. There are numerous examples of people who applied in the autumn of 2007 and have already received ILs long before folks who applied in July or August. Although the USCIS claims to process applications in the order in which they are received, there is ample evidence to suggest that this rule is not the only guiding principle when it comes to processing applications. One's PD is roughly correlated to processing time, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

BTW, do you know if you are cleared name check? That would be the only official reason for not scheduling your interview. If you are through name check then it is probably just bureaucratic BS. But, it looks like LA DO is making some progress, so hopefully you should get your IL soon.

Probably because of the haphazard way the USCIS processes applications. There are numerous examples of people who applied in the autumn of 2007 and have already received ILs long before folks who applied in July or August. Although the USCIS claims to process applications in the order in which they are received, there is ample evidence to suggest that this rule is not the only guiding principle when it comes to processing applications. One's PD is roughly correlated to processing time, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

BTW, do you know if you are cleared name check? That would be the only official reason for not scheduling your interview. If you are through name check then it is probably just bureaucratic BS. But, it looks like LA DO is making some progress, so hopefully you should get your IL soon.

Well last time I called the info line they said I had cleared and was queued and awaiting and interview date.

Alect, Yes, I am DO Los Angeles. I do not know what to tell you. I Just wanted to share my info so you guys would know that they are already sending IL to people who applied at the end of July. I don't know what's the bureocracy behind it.

Best

Alect, Yes, I am DO Los Angeles. I do not know what to tell you. I Just wanted to share my info so you guys would know that they are already sending IL to people who applied at the end of July. I don't know what's the bureocracy behind it.

Best
Do you remember the exact date on which you received the IL? The reason I ask is that there is some speculation that ILs are sent out on about the 20th of every month, so I just want to see if this holds true at CSC.

No CSC LA August '07' or later filers have reported receiving their IL. Looks like the LA DO is the slowest one right now.

Looks like they are still sending IL to early July PDs. I think it might take 3-4 months to clean the July filers in LA.

Does anyone know the path through the 800 Info Line maze to speak to a person? Since my receipt number is not in the system the automated system can't find it. On previous occasions I have been able to get through to a person who then checked and said I needed to speak to an Immig Officer and transferred me (#1260 I think). This path no longer works and I just get lost in the useless and never ending mis-information announcements by the automated system.

Does anyone know the path through the 800 Info Line maze to speak to a person? Since my receipt number is not in the system the automated system can't find it. On previous occasions I have been able to get through to a person who then checked and said I needed to speak to an Immig Officer and transferred me (#1260 I think). This path no longer works and I just get lost in the useless and never ending mis-information announcements by the automated system.

I tried options 1(english)- 2-6 today and first talked to 1st level customer agent and requested to be transfered with no problems. I spoke with IO and was provided the info I needed.

Well I called and this time was not transferred to an IO :confused: I got the usual schpiel about being within normal processing times :rolleyes:

I asked whether the status showed I had been sent an IL because i believed it had been lost in the mail. The guy/drone said his view of the system would not show that but if it had been returned undelivered it would be flagged - this had not occurred. So I guess that is not good news but not bad news.... at least they have not sent it out but I have not received it due to USPS. I suppose i just get back to waiting. :mad:

Cheering for ya!!!

hey Alect,

don't get discouraged. You'll surely get your IL soon! ok. The force is strong with you!

Best,
-jedi

Alect-

Don't worry you are due any day now so just hang in there your day will come just like everyone else. I am waiting for your IL so that I can start waiting for mine. If I started waiting now I would loose my mind by the time I finally get it!

Alect-

Don't worry you are due any day now so just hang in there your day will come just like everyone else. I am waiting for your IL so that I can start waiting for mine. If I started waiting now I would loose my mind by the time I finally get it!

Thanks for the thoughts. Unfortunately the reason i worry is that I fear I will be gazzumped by USPS, after waiting for almost 12 months for the USCIS (I am travelling extensively right now and have my mail forwarded to a service which collects and scans it for me so that I can read it online - unfortunately the USPS keeps getting the forwarding wrong (ie missing numbers of the end of the address) so I fear the IL will get lost and not delivered and I will not find this out until it is too late and my N400 application is considered abandoned).

Thanks for the thoughts. Unfortunately the reason i worry is that I fear I will be gazzumped by USPS, after waiting for almost 12 months for the USCIS (I am travelling extensively right now and have my mail forwarded to a service which collects and scans it for me so that I can read it online - unfortunately the USPS keeps getting the forwarding wrong (ie missing numbers of the end of the address) so I fear the IL will get lost and not delivered and I will not find this out until it is too late and my N400 application is considered abandoned).

One thing you can do is call USCIS periodically, say every 3 weeks or so, and ask about your case. If they say a letter was mailed and if you have not received it in a reasonable time, then ask for a duplicate letter to be sent and somehow make sure that it gets received properly.

Good luck.

Sammy

One thing you can do is call USCIS periodically, say every 3 weeks or so, and ask about your case. If they say a letter was mailed and if you have not received it in a reasonable time, then ask for a duplicate letter to be sent and somehow make sure that it gets received properly.

Good luck.

Sammy

But USCIS told me they have no way of knowing if a letter has been mailed out - only that it has been returned undelivered. Do you know for a fact that what I have been told is incorrect?