Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Feliz-LA,

Actually, i didn't really watch any tv, nor was I persuaded by any media to apply. I just applied to save money because I did research on my own. Hehe!

-jedi

Feliz-LA,

Actually, i didn't really watch any tv, nor was I persuaded by any media to apply. I just applied to save money because I did research on my own. Hehe!

-jedi

i know, i didn mean that you watched tv or media, i meant people who would have still been green card-ers if not the fee raise.

March 24 update

I applied in early July 07, I've posted my timeline below to help others, as I was helped.

I had an InfoPass appointment for 3/21 and actually received my Interview Letter the day before the appointment. I decided to go anyway since I had plenty of general questions, and talking to an Immigration Officer is a rare treat. This was at 300 N. Los Angeles St. downtown.

On this message board, some of the terrified questions posted, and the lengthy lists of items to bring to the Interview are really daunting/overwhelming. But it seems from the feedback posted here, and from what I gathered during my InfoPass appointment, that the immigration officers in LA are actually quite nice, and the Interview process is quick and painless. The only challenge seems to be to answer the 10 civics questions, and that isn't too much of a challenge.

So if you're an average Joe or Jane, you won't even need the 10,000 pages of supporting documents that you're hauling with you to the interview. You'll be in and out in 15 minutes.

One thing I learned was that if you have an early morning Interview, you're more likely to receive an Oath Letter that day. They run out of them as the day goes on, and you're more likely to be mailed yours.

My friend, who applied in late July, also had an appointment. She was told that her name is still in name check in Laguna Niguel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Had my interview today, it was painless like pp said BUT I did had all my documents needed + I had sent everything I needed with my application . I applied on the basis of 3 years married to USC , so I was asked to prove my relationship + other questions which were easy to answer & prove.

The english test was a "joke" for me since I'm fluent in english .
The civics were from the booklet .

At the end of the interview , I was told that I was APPROVED and should wait for my oath letter to come by mail, within the next 2 monts.

I applied on the basis of 3 years married to USC , so I was asked to prove my relationship .

Congrats with you interview,first of all.
Let me ask you what kind of documents do you need to take with you to prove your relationship with you husband?

Thanks

my interview was

in the early after noon.

With my original application I sent copies of :
- mariage certificate
- lease agreement for proof of adress & both our names on it.
- health insurance card with both our names on it
- joint bank account statement
- joint tax return of the last 3 years
- OUR baby's birth certificate
- etc...

I was asked "how did we met?"
The funny thing is that we were not ask this type of questionning for our AOS interview, and a that time we were "working" on having a baby , we had no baby yet . :D

- OUR baby's birth certificate

congrats with baby and interview! i think officer asked just because he had nothing else to ask :), because you case is perfect! Good luck with oath!

BTW about Interview Letters, here's opinion about NYC
As evidenced by the pattern that emerged over the past couple of months, NYC applicants have been receiving their ILs between the 17th and the 23rd days of the month. I think mine will be in the next month's rounds.

and seems to be true for LA for October-January at least - there are 17th to 29th dated ILS (only 1 IL since January - Jedi - March 20 for PD July2)

March 15 dates posted!! LA went from June 30, 2007 to April 11, 2007!!!

i really hope it's because US CIS decided to (or were forced to) use actual oath progress instead of interview letter sending dates.

if it's true - then April 11,07 reported on March 15, 08 makes sense - there were only 2 oath days in March for LA - March 6 for 75 people and March 20 for 1 200 people, and the person who had actual oath on March 20 - ranapratap12 - has priority date April 7, 07

also it's within my initial estimate of 11 months total for April-May 07, later on (unless things really speed up with all latest news) it will become 12 up to 13 month total for end of july (i.e. July 07 having oath in Aug 08), but then it will gradually drop back to 10 month for December 07, and then to initial 7 months by like April 09.

Feliz - your assessments are valuable, but notwithstanding, the USCIS is absolutley insane!!!! I cannot look forward enough to the day I no longer have to deal with them. I now sit not knowing whether I am still waiting for my interview letter or whether they have sent it but it got lost in the mial (thanks to another incompetent US government department - USPS - not being able to carry out its own mail forwarding service for people who move).

This process is so confusing if you don't know what's up you know!
Alect, post when you get you're IL...i'm rootin' for ya! Yeah...I saw the updates on the USCIS website....I also can't wait until this process is over with. I really don't like being a second class citizen you know!

Best,
-jedi

Hi Everyone,

I got my IL!! I just checked in the mail and I got it!
Priority Date: July 2, 2007
Letter Sent: March 18, 2008
Letter Received: March 20, 2008 [253 days]
Interview Date: May 7, 2008, LA Field Office, 300 N. Los Angeles Street [301 days]

Best Wishes To All!
-jedi

Jedi,
I know the ecstasy one gets upon receiving the IL. It feels good to be nearing the end of tunnel. Good luck with your interview and oath and start collecting documents for the interview.

my interview was march 12 and i just passed, how come some people get handed their oath letter right away? i still have not received anything..

What time was your interview?

One thing I learned was that if you have an early morning Interview, you're more likely to receive an Oath Letter that day. They run out of them as the day goes on, and you're more likely to be mailed yours.

I just received my interview letter

Sent my application on July 28 2007.
I had my finger prints done on 12/18/2007
My interview date is May 15. It will be in Plaza del Sol (East Los Angeles) at 7:45 AM.

Thank God!

Finally got my Oath letter

After almost a year when i submitted my application April 18th 2007 i got my oath letter scheduled April 30th 2008

PD 4/18/2007
FP 5/18/2007
INT DT 1/11/2008
OATH DT 4/30/2008