Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

But USCIS told me they have no way of knowing if a letter has been mailed out - only that it has been returned undelivered. Do you know for a fact that what I have been told is incorrect?

If you speak to the 1st level of USCIS customer support they have no way of seeing if a letter has been sent out. You must request your call to be "escalated" or transfered and then speak to an IO who will be able to tell you if a letter has been sent out. An alternative to this is to request an Infopass which will allow you to talk to an IO at your DO.

Called again - their systems are down :rolleyes: These people are astoundingly incompetent and their systems are worse.

BTW - love how LA DO processing times for N400 keep going backwards!! Now March 28, 2007 :mad:

Called again - their systems are down :rolleyes: These people are astoundingly incompetent and their systems are worse.

BTW - love how LA DO processing times for N400 keep going backwards!! Now March 28, 2007 :mad:
You're right. I went for an Infopass appointment in Santa Ana last week, and the Infopass appointments are not much better or more helpful than the customer service reps. They IOs at the appointment do seem to have access to the actual case databases, so they can tell you if your name check has cleared, whether anything has been scheduled, if the IL has been sent etc. However, if these things have not occurred, they can't really tell you why and they can't tell you when it will happen. Hence the standard reply to "wait a few more months and then come back." That's what she told me last week - all my background checks are done but no ID has been set. Told me to wait three months and check back in with them. Waste of time, in my opinion, since it didn't tell me what I wanted to know most.

alect, did you finally get to talk with an IO? I saw more July people in Santa Anna office are getting their ILs. It's relatively quiet here.

No - either they're closed or their systems are down and I have to call back - when they're closed again :rolleyes:

Became US citizen TODAY :D:D

I will apply for US passport tomorow or friday :p

My collegue & her husband applied a week and a half after me, and she went we me for Oath today, her husband's oath is schedule in one month , eventhough both of them had their interview the same day.

My collegue & her husband applied a week and a half after me, and she went we me for Oath today, her husband's oath is schedule in one month , eventhough both of them had their interview the same day.

Congratulations !!

Congratulations. I am happy to see someone from L.A. make it.

Congrats, Yafoulli!! it's finally over!!! Enjoy responsibly :-D

===========
Dear fellow Angelenos,
I called couple Immigration Law offices and prices for representation at interview are like 700-1000 dollars (at best it can be 2 payments of 400).... if this is standard price, i will have to go alone with risk of denial and appealing... :-(

i know i qualify but very closely to minimums residency requirements :-( in some lucky cases IOs overlook and don't care, but with me it's never the easy way...

Jedi.Knight - GOOD LUCK ON TOMORROW INTERVIEW!!!

Alect, any news? if IL doesnt come this week, then i guess it will in the end of May batch. If LA is like NYC DO sending IL between 17th and 23rd, or generally in the second half of month

Thanks!!!!

ninim2200!

Thanks. I'm preparing all my stuff (copies and such) and practicing test questions.

I'll post here soon!

Best,
-jedi

If you can, please let us know what papers they asked to see, I'm also preparing for my interview (in a week and a half) and that would really help.

If you have time to answer these as well, I would appreciate it:
- did they look through each page of your passport?
- did they scrutinize date stamps?
- did they ask for proof of having paid your taxes the last __ years?
- did they need additional passport photos?
- did they need proof of employment for the last __ years?
- did they need proof of your continuous residence in the US?

And of course, if they gave you the oath letter right away, or told you to look for it in the mail...

Thank you so much, I hope it goes great for you.

Passed Interview and Approved for Oath!!

Hi Everyone,

So..I arrived at the 300 N. Los Angeles District Office a bit earlier than my notice indicated. I was called in at 3:15pm. The Lady Officer was very nice. She asked me 10 questions...I got them all right:
How many stars on the flag?
What do the stars mean?
Who was the first President?
What is the most important right guaranteed to US Citizens?
Who is the Vice President?
How many US Senators?
(I can't remember the other four...)
Then she asked me to read a sentence in English: You work very hard at your job?
Afterwards she had me write a sentence.
She went through my application in great detail. Then she left the room came back and gave me form N-652.
Then she said congratulations!

The form had two items checked:
You passed the tests of English and US History and government.
Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.

Then she shook my hand and said that my Oath letter should arrive between 2-3 months. That's all folks! May the Force Be With You!

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
At last. Something finally happened at the LADO. I can go to bed tonight knowing that someone is actually working in that office.

Congratulations.

Thanks!

Yeah! I'm excited...but I'm living my life. I took half the day off from my research to interview. I spent much of that time in traffic. I wish you all luck! This process is so painfully slow...but the end result is worth the pain. Thank you for your kind thoughts. It really means a lot to have some people here support me.

May the Force Be With You.

Best,
-jedi

If you have time to answer these as well, I would appreciate it:
- did they look through each page of your passport?
- did they scrutinize date stamps?
- did they ask for proof of having paid your taxes the last __ years?
- did they need additional passport photos?
- did they need proof of employment for the last __ years?
- did they need proof of your continuous residence in the US?