Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I thought you get Oath date the same day you did Interview in Los Angeles. Has it been changed? Last I heard was that after the interview, you wait for an hour or so and then they call you name and let you know your oath date. So now you have to go home and wait? Awwwwww:eek:

BTW, I recently met someone who has been waiting for 4 yrs for Namecheck and worst thing is: she passed the interview and officer told her to go home and wait for oath letter because her name check had not been cleared. She waited and waited and it's been 4 years! Amazing!

I wish, He just said congratulation and the letter of oath should be in the mail in a couple of weeks. BTW, I had my interview in Santa Ana by the Block of Orange :)

I thought you get Oath date the same day you did Interview in Los Angeles. Has it been changed? Last I heard was that after the interview, you wait for an hour or so and then they call you name and let you know your oath date. So now you have to go home and wait? Awwwwww:eek:

BTW, I recently met someone who has been waiting for 4 yrs for Namecheck and worst thing is: she passed the interview and officer told her to go home and wait for oath letter because her name check had not been cleared. She waited and waited and it's been 4 years! Amazing!

I had my interview in Santa Ana by the Block of Orange :)

then I guess your timeline is more relevant to Santa Ana thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=171539

you can find date of interview letter on the letter itself - somwhere on the top by case number

so we are still yet to hear about interview scheduled in Downtown LA for June-July filers

:( i live near the border of LA and OC, do you think it makes sense to get PObox in OC and change address? or

I wish, He just said congratulation and the letter of oath should be in the mail in a couple of weeks. BTW, I had my interview in Santa Ana by the Block of Orange :)
That might explain why you did not get your oath letter the same day as your interview. If you had done the interview at the LA DO then perhaps you would have.

Feliz-LA - I think that Xenogear's timeline is still relevant to LA DO filers since they are obviously making an effort to process applications faster, even if it means having to drive to Orange County. Not sure if they would do this sort of thing by zip code of mailing address. It makes sense, and it's logical to do things that way, but since when has the USCIS ever been logical about anything! Anyway, I am hoping for you that you get your IL for Santa Ana soon. Maybe I'll see you there!

I am hoping for you that you get your IL for Santa Ana soon. Maybe I'll see you there!
Thank you for your support :)
i am really going nuts here, because last year when I was filing I told my mom i'd be done by Summer 08 and she'd be here by January 09 and we made all plans, so she'd have to sell her apartment around end of 2008, but I guess both Naturalization and i-130 have backlog, so now I don't know how to plan my visits to her and my life and her life, and pressure just builds up on me. :(

Thank you for your support :)
i am really going nuts here, because last year when I was filing I told my mom i'd be done by Summer 08 and she'd be here by January 09 and we made all plans, so she'd have to sell her apartment around end of 2008, but I guess both Naturalization and i-130 have backlog, so now I don't know how to plan my visits to her and my life and her life, and pressure just builds up on me. :(
I know that things can be tough when you're waiting expectantly for USCIS to act. Family pressure, job pressure, life pressure - it's really hard to make plans and get on with your life when you are caught in their backlog. Even something simple, like taking a vacation, can be a logistical nightmare.

That's a tough situation with your mother, and I am sure that she is as expectant as you are, and just wants to get here so that she can get on with her life. I guess all we can do is hang tough and try to be patient. Once your naturalization occurs, you'll be out of one queue and into another, but at least then you can start making plans.

One nice thing about this forum, besides the information it provides, is that people here have formed an online community and are supportive of one another, because we all know the unique challenges that are faced by immigrants. I hope that you find some measure of support and comfort on this forum, and rest assured that there are others who understand your predicament. There may not be much we can do to speed the USCIS up, but at least we can help each other out and support each other.

I know it is hard, but try to stay optimistic. The good news is that you will eventually get your citizenship. As long as you meet the eligibility, then it is really only a matter of time. You and your mother both have a bright future in front of you, and I hope that you can look forward to the day when you will be together in Los Angeles.

tomorrow is 2 month since last news about IL received from Los Angeles DO,

hopefully arashijing and Faye will come back and tell about their interviews on March 18 and 19 (Good luck Faye!), good luck to ranapratap and other 11 999 people who take Oath on March 20.

next Tuesday march 25 is interview for Yaoufulli (Good luck and hope you come back and share your experience)

and no more news for LA marked in my google calendar, which is scary actually, feels like LA office completely abandoned N400 for some other process like Employment Authorization or visa petitions.
-------------------------
Current Oath schedule:

Ceremony Day and Date -Location - No. of Applicants Scheduled -Ceremony Time
March 6, 2008 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
March 20, 2008 (Thu.) LACC*** 6,000 9:00 a.m.
March 20, 2008 (Thu.)LACC*** 6,000 2:00 p.m.
------------
April 10, 2008 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
April 30, 2008 (Wed.) Fairplex** 3,500 9:00 a.m.
April 30, 2008 (Wed.) Fairplex** 3,500 1:30 p.m.
----------
May 8, 2008 (Thu.) U.S.D.C. (L.A.) 75 1:30 p.m.
May 22, 2008 (Thu.) LACC*** 6,000 9:00 a.m.
May 22, 2008 (Thu.) LACC*** 6,000 2:00 p.m.

source: http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/CACD/G...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument

I am glad alect called on you Jedi.
I have been waiting for both of you to get your interview notices so that I can expect mine about a month after. Next week is the end of the month I hope you both share good news soon!!

Hi ftm!

I'll post here as soon as I get the envelope. Typically I don't get in until sometime after 7pm...i'm a grad student...so I'm in lab for much of the day. Take good care...and hopefully we will all get good news soon.

Best Wishes,
-jedi

Interview Passed on 3/19 But No Oath Letter

I parked at 1st & central. It's $6 for whole day. About 10 min walk to the building. I went in around 11:15 am and was not called until 1:10 pm. It was crowded today, at 12:45 pm they were just starting those with 12 o'clock appointments. People were called to go to a different floor to speed things up. Maybe that's one reason I was rushed through. The officer was easy going. I brought copies of my original and an updated application and lots of supporting docs. He took the GC & Drv Lic copies and went through the app with me. Updated the current address and the trip I took around Christmas. No document asked. Going through all the questions on the app one more time. According to him, he is required to ask those questions in person and he joked about how some of them don't make any sense. There was another lady sitting next to him taking notes of what he did with me. Then he asked me 10 civic questions and to read and write a sentence. Handed out N-652 and recommended for approval. I asked if I can stand by for the oath letter and he said not today, unless someone dropped out last minute for tomorrow's (3/20) ceremony. 10 min I was out of the office.

======================================
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
05/29/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
06/25/07: FP Date-Bellflower CA
01/19/08: IL Rc'd
03/19/08: IL Date
03/19/08: Passed and recommended for approval (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Hello Everyone. I finally did my interview yesterday and passed! Wahey!

My timeline:

Sent Application to CSC: 05/23/2007
Application received: 05/24/2007
Priority Date: 05/24/2007
Received Notice of Action: 06/08/2007
*Payment Check cleared*
FP Notice Received: 06/13/2007
FP Appointment Date: 07/06/2007
IL Received: 01/22/2008 (Notice date on I-797C: 01/17/2008)
Interview Date: 03/18/2008 -- 300 N. Los Angeles at 8:15am

My interview appointment time was 8:15 a.m. I got there at around 7:45 a.m. Placed my letter on the tray... My interviewing officer called me at around 8:30. My interview was very laid-back and simple. I'm lucky to have the nicest officer ever. He asked me to read and write very simple english phrases and answer ten civics questions.

So.. just waiting for the oath letter.

Good luck to everyone!

I Got The Interview Letter Just Now: 8:20pm March 20, 2008!!

Hi Everyone,

I got my IL!! I just checked in the mail and I got it!
Priority Date: July 2, 2007
Letter Sent: March 18, 2008
Letter Received: March 20, 2008 [253 days]
Interview Date: May 7, 2008, LA Field Office, 300 N. Los Angeles Street [301 days]

Best Wishes To All!
-jedi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I got my IL!! I just checked in the mail and I got it!
Letter Sent: March 18, 2008
Letter Received: March 20, 2008
Interview Date: May 7, 2008, LA Field Office, 300 N. Los Angeles Street

Best Wishes To All!
-jedi

Congratulations Jedi. Glad to hear it - both for you and me. I guess I should be two weeks away or so.

Oath completed

Hi,
We completed our oath ceremony yesterday at Los Angeles convention center with 6000 other people. It took almost 3.5 hours. We reached around 11:30 and were out by 3:00 PM. Parking was $15 in convention center west hall parking lot. Everything went smoothly considering how large the crowd was.

My interview was on 02/21/08 and that was also painless. The interview was at 9:30 but i reached by 8:45 and they took me in by 9:20. The lady who interviewed me was real nice and I was out by 9:30. In fact by 9:40 I was back at my desk(I work in downtown). No troubles whatsoever.

Good luck to everybody waiting. Here is my time line
04/16/07 Mailed N400 Application
05/28/07 Fingerprint Date
12/25/07 Receive Interview Notice
02/26/08 Interview Date
02/26/08 Receive Oath Letter
03/20/08 Oath Date

Hi Alect,

I hope you get your letter soon! This process is soooooo slow! It will be a full year before i can even get my oath ceremony. Oh well... Hope to see your good news soon!

Best,
-jedi

Hi Alect,

I hope you get your letter soon! This process is soooooo slow! It will be a full year before i can even get my oath ceremony. Oh well... Hope to see your good news soon!

Best,
-jedi

Well considering they reached you (within two days of Feb 15 processing date) in one month or just over it doesn't bode well for me.

Congrats to people who passed interview and had oath!! almost there!

Congrats Jedi with letter!!! it's slow but at least it's moving, and it's good that they schedule as far ahead as 1,5 months.

July 2 PD is still a whole 1 day better then July 1 prediction i had a week ago for March 15 reporting, well, let's hope they update processing dates coming Monday.

all southern states with significant Hispanic population will get really slow with July (cuz so many people who like Jedi had greencard since forever were convinced by media to apply before the fee raise) i mean they will be much slower then other generally big cities.

Good luck everybody and a lot of patience!

Last edited by a moderator: