**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

Re: Packet 4 recd!

Pattu, Did you mean 12/16(monday)? which city did you get it to?
-Raj

Originally posted by pattu007
Sorry, didn't tell you guys. I received it on 12/15, Its been sent from chennai on 12/11

Pattu007

My Interview date is posted in the website as 22nd Jan. My parents haven't received P4 yet. I'm wondering if I have to take Sailing Permit for the CP interview. I know some of my friends hadn't taken it in the past. Any thoughts???

Packet 4 not recvd yet

I have checked today and they hevent yet recived our packet 4 in Vijaywada. I am not sure if its b'se of postal delays or if the consulate didnt send at all...Any advice is appreciated...
-Raj

Clarification

Hi,

I did receive my packet 4 last Friday(12/13) at chennai. My wife was reading the contents and we have a small doubt. Experienced CPERS please help. I have paid $335 each here for me and my wife. How much should I pay in India?? She said the packet 4 mentions 3 amounts of $335., $65 and RS. 350 DD for bluedart.

Thanks,

Srini

Packet-4

My folks got Packet-4 today being in Chennai. So give a day or so to receive. Even if you dont receive I dont think it is a big deal. One of my friedns went in Sept for CP took the print out from the Chennai website. Pls make sure u take that.

Also after two days send an email to consulate and ask them whether they sent it.

-Venkat.

Interview dates are posted!

If you haven't seen yet, the interview dates for january are posted on the site.

17 interviews on 21st
Family based -> 3
EB1 -> 3
EB2 -> 11
EB3 -> 0

24 interviews on 22nd
22 interviews on 28th

cheers
Pattu007

I just checked with my folks in India again and they havent recieved our packet 4 today either...:confused:

-Raj

H-1 stamped?

Hi,

I do not have an H-1 visa stamped for the current company that I am working for. I have the old one which expired 2 years ago and I have not left US to get the new one stamped.

Will this cause any complications at the interview or while leaving India will the folks at immigration cause any problems.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Bank Statement

Hi All,
Can anyone list what are the things that need to be specified on the bank statement. I wanted to request my bank to send the statement but they are asking what information to include.

Regards
Ravi

Re: Bank Statement

I have very little info in my bank letter.

It says

Primary Account
xxx

Checking Account
xxxx

CD
xxxxxx

To whomever it may concern

I have submitted similar letter to bring my parent last year. I think this should be fine.

Re: H-1 stamped?

Even I don't have H1B visa stamped. However my H1B extention has been approved INS recently. So I will take those documents. That should be enough as I know one of my friends has successfully cleared GC with the similar case. You will be fine as long as your H1B extention is filed with INS or approved.

H1 extended

Zia,

If you have proper H1 extensions with new I-94 (on I-797) for all of your duration of stay in US than it should be fine. An individual only needs to get the visa stamped if the current visa/I-94 has expired and the individual wishes to be out of US and enter/re-enter USA.

If you have maintained your status during your duration of stay then you should have no problems.

Thanks.

Baby born in US

Friends,

Does any one have idea whether do we have to take kids born in US for Interview? I have not included my kid in any of the documents.

-Venkat.

US born Kid to interview.

Hi Venkat,

I have a son who was born in US and my wife already has a GC; only I will be travelling for the interview. Since NVC made an error with the list of travelling persons; I confirmed with the Chennai consulate that a copy of my wifes' GC should be good enough proof.

I do not think that you need to take any US born kid to the interview although I have heard that this may play a part in some sort of "sympathy" in approving your case much easily. There is no evidence to this.

Any comments?

Kids born in USA

Zia/Venkat,

My wife has GC and my kids are born in US too. I don't plan to take them whenever my interview will be scheduled. I am expecting my interview in May time frame and its very hot weather in India during that time.

Please keep your expereinces posted.

Thanks.

Re: Re: Update

Originally posted by Raj_CP
My interview is on 1/22/03 ..I already updated CP tracker

My interveiw is Jan-22-2003

I am leaving from Dallas by POE is LA.

This message thread is very useful .

regards

Re: Re: Re: Update

Welcome to the thread. My POE is also LA, but my interview is on 21st.

Pattu

Originally posted by srirag
My interveiw is Jan-22-2003

I am leaving from Dallas by POE is LA.

This message thread is very useful .

regards

Re: Baby born in US

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
Friends,

Does any one have idea whether do we have to take kids born in US for Interview? I have not included my kid in any of the documents.

-Venkat.

havent u gvn details of your USA born kid in ds 230.. I think u r supposed to inform all your kids details with their place of birth... pl clarify..

sri