**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

Originally posted by srirag
As far as filing I-824 i don't remember anything about mentioning spouse's name there. If my memory is correct my lawyer said that it doesn't matter in I-824. Given that you should be able to do what you mentioned above.

That's all i know.

regards
srirag
i am talking about packet-3 which includes biographic data form. You have to specify if you are applying a. alone, b. with spouse (name), or c. with spouse and minor children
Anyway, i think i have to discusss with my lawyer and i will post his opinion once i get it.

Re: Police certificate is valid for 6 months

Ravi,

I got a reply from Chennai consulate about 4 weeks back, saying the PCC is valid for 1 year. Iam gonna carry the printout of the same and its too late to get another one. My PCC was issued more than 8 months back

Pattu007

Originally posted by ravishankarp
Is this true that the PCC is valid for only 6 months. I thought it was for one year.

Can some one verify if this is true. My PCC was issued 8 months back. And my interview is less than 3 weeks. If it is valid for only 6 months ... I don't know what to do.

Ravi

Re: Re: Police certificate is valid for 6 months

Originally posted by pattu007
Ravi,

I got a reply from Chennai consulate about 4 weeks back, saying the PCC is valid for 1 year. Iam gonna carry the printout of the same and its too late to get another one. My PCC was issued more than 8 months back

Pattu007

Pattu007,
If you don't mind can you forward the letter. I am leaving next week for my interview on Jan 22 and i can't get a PCC for my wife within that time. This would help.

thanks
srirag

Hi Srirag,
What airline are you flying - I am flying Cathay Pacific starting on Jan 17th from LA. I see your POE is LA - so was wondering what your schedule was.

Regards
Ravi

Hi Srirag,
What airline are you flying - I am flying Cathay Pacific starting on Jan 17th from LA. I see your POE is LA - so was wondering what your schedule was.

Regards
Ravi

Ravi,
I am leaving from LA on Jan 10 and returning back on Feb 6 from India(leaving Madras at Feb 7 early morning) . I will be on Air-India on the final leg from singapore to Madras. On my return i will touch LA on Feb 7.

What are you doing about your PCC ? Do you have one which was issued in the last 6 months. I have PCC issued for my wife issued in Feb. 2002 and am unable to get a newer one for her. I am driving down to houston to see what i can do about it.

Srirag,
I am not going to try to get a new PCC... mine was issued 8 months back. I think this info is wrong in some way. Let us see what happens.
The thing is - my PCC was issued 8 months back and since then I was in US Only - so it does not make sense to get a PCC from India - when all this while I was in the US only since the PCC was issued by Indian consulate.

Ravi

Srirag,
I am not going to try to get a new PCC... mine was issued 8 months back. I think this info is wrong in some way. Let us see what happens.
The thing is - my PCC was issued 8 months back and since then I was in US Only - so it does not make sense to get a PCC from India - when all this while I was in the US only since the PCC was issued by Indian consulate.

Ravi

Ravi,
I hope you are right. When is your actual interview date.
Is there a e-mail address which you will access while you are in India.

thanks

Amount of the DD to be paid

Hi all,
Do anybody know the amount of the DD that we have to pay at the time of interview. Since I already paid $335 per person, I am not sure how much we need to pay. ( note earlier people pai only $260 to NVC - and they paid te remaining $65 per person at the time of interview).

Any clarification in this respect will be appreciated.

Regards
Ravi

PCC for CP Interview.

Hi Guys,

I have not received my PCC from Chicago consulate, yet. They are giving me a run-around with it. I had the Chennai RPO email and also fax chicago consulate the OK from there and yet I have not got it.

My question is that I had my new passport issued through Chicago in August. I am not sure what the passport office clearance certificate should be?

Also, the packet 4 had the PCC section stricken out. Did anyone of you had the same thing in thier Packet 4?

Please advise?

Interview Date : Jan 28th
POE: Dulles, Washington.
Medical/Lab: Yet to be scheduled.
Departure: 18th Jan, United/Emirates.

Thanks...

...Zia.

my understanding is that you dont need PCC if your passport was issued within the last 6 months, since passport issuance also involves police clearance.

Succesful Interview!

Had a succesful Interview on 21st Jan. Got the passports by courier on 22nd evening to my Hyderabad address. Interviewer Asked for the company name and let me go (for some he was asking about the company details). The list of documents are the same mentioned in Packet 4 ( Company letter, paychecks, bank statements, 2001 Tax returns, DS-230 Part I & II, marriage certificate, police certificate <10 months old>, 2 photos, medical reports), thats it and no additional documents. Will be reaching US on 26th and will answering questions if any.

Pattu007

Congrats..

pattu007,

Congrats for getting your GC.....

Did it the James Bond Style..... everything is easy for him....

Thanks.

successful Interview

Hi all,
We had our interview on the 22nd ... everything went on just fine. The consular office chatted with me for about 3 minutes about my ompany and that is it. Got the passports next day at Hyd address. I will post a detailed interview experience soon.

Regards
Ravi

GC- Getting passport back.

Hi,

I have my GC interview scheduled for Tuesday - 28th Jan. I have a bank draft for 300 Rs. ( I think ) for the passport to be mailed. Should I do this even if I am in Chennai or this is only for out-of-state candidates?

Any idea when I will be getting my passpost back if the interview goes well on Tuesday.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Re: GC- Getting passport back.

DD or Cash is required even if you are local (from Chennai), The passport should reach you the same day or next day morning.

Pattu007

Originally posted by Zia
Hi,

I have my GC interview scheduled for Tuesday - 28th Jan. I have a bank draft for 300 Rs. ( I think ) for the passport to be mailed. Should I do this even if I am in Chennai or this is only for out-of-state candidates?

Any idea when I will be getting my passpost back if the interview goes well on Tuesday.

Thanks...

...Zia.

My visa stamping has expired on Dec.31. I have to travel for the interview in April. Would it be an issue ? Please advise.

You didn't mention about your H1 Validity (how long?). If your H1 is valid beyond April, then I think it shouldn't be a problem. But you should confirm this with your lawyer.

Pattu007

Originally posted by Lavanya
My visa stamping has expired on Dec.31. I have to travel for the interview in April. Would it be an issue ? Please advise.

My H1 is valid till next year. Thank you for the clarification.

I had another question too. Will Packet 4 contain two appointment letters one for the primary candidate and the other for the dependent or only one? Please clarify. Thanks.