My details are below.

Cp_Tracker_id: pattu007
Category: EB2
PD: 4/1/02
I 140 AD or I 824 AD: 2/1/2002
NVC RD: 3/1/2002
NVC P3 Sent: 7/15/2002
P3 Recd from NVC: 7/15/2002
P3 Mailed to STL: 08/01/02 (asked to resend a form:( ), 9/13/2002 (sent again)
NVC Recd P3 from STL: 9/17/2002
NVC Reviews P3: 10/23/2002
NVC Sent Case to Consulate: Waiting... :confused:
Port of Entry (POE): San Francisco

I dont think the case will be sent to Chennai Consulate before 1st november. Iam expecting a Jan date. Guys, those expecting a Jan interview, Please update your details. Lets coordinate the effort.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My Details

I-140 AD - 8/21/2002
NVC RD - 9/9/2002
NVC Case Created - 9/16/2002
P3 Recd - 9/23/2002
P3 Mailed to STL - 10/04/2002
STL Cashed Check - 10/18/2002
Waiting for NVC to review??

I think mine will be mostly in Feb.

-Venkat.

welcome to the thread venkat

NVC took 5 weeks to review my case from the date it received the Packet 3. The cut off date for Jan interview is Nov 30 (your case should reach chennai by then). Iam pretty sure, your interview will be in Jan.

Good luck

jan???

I140 A/D - 8/16/02
NVC Red 140 - 8/29/02
pkt3 recvd - 9/19/02
pkt3 Mailed to STL - 9/20/02
NVC recd Pkt3 from STL - 10/16/02
NVC Review Pkt3 done - 10/29/02
Chennai recvs case - ???
Interview - Jan ???? :)

Case sent forwarded to Chennai consulate

My case has been forwarded to chennai cosulate today morning (10/30). Is there a chance that it will be entered by the consulate before 11/1 (so that I get the interview date in Dec)? I think there is a very remote chance, if electronic transfer has to happen. Any views.

Venkat & Raj can you say which Service center approved your 140.

I got my 140 approved in Aug 23 2002 from CSC and I am still waiting for PAcket 3.

Do I need to do call NVC.

Thanks
Raja.

TSC ..

Originally posted by alwarr
Venkat & Raj can you say which Service center approved your 140.

I got my 140 approved in Aug 23 2002 from CSC and I am still waiting for PAcket 3.

Do I need to do call NVC.

Thanks
Raja.

IRS Tax Transcripts

Y'day, I ordered for Tax Transcripts from the automated phone number of IRS. Following might be helpful to you.

The IRS automated number is
1-800-829-1040 Menu options : 9 - 2
You can go to irs.gov too and find out more.

The automated system will prompt you to enter your SSN and street number to authenticate. Then you can press the year for which you need the trascripts, one at a time when it asks you( I asked for last three years i.e 1999, 2000, 2001). It will keep asking till you exit. It takes 10 days for the transcripts to reach you, if you need it faster, the local IRS office can also issue them. For that you need to find out your local IRS office from the irs.gov site.

My case details:

EB2;
CSC
NVC Received : 9/13/2002
Case completed at NVC 10/28/2002

NVC Sent Case to Consulate: Waiting...
Port of Entry (POE): Los Angeles

I think January is the likely date for my interview.

-Ravi

ravishanker, looks like we are in the same boat

ravishanker,

looks like we have things in common. My case was completed on 10/23 and case sent to cosulate on 10/30. Iam in SFO, but planning to go by Malaysian airlines, so my POE would be LAX. I think I would most certainly get the jan interview. Planning to go during christmas for 4 weeks. Views???

pattu007

Originally posted by ravishankarp
My case details:

EB2;
CSC
NVC Received : 9/13/2002
Case completed at NVC 10/28/2002

NVC Sent Case to Consulate: Waiting...
Port of Entry (POE): Los Angeles

I think January is the likely date for my interview.

-Ravi

Can anybody say how long it takes for consular interview from the date I-140 is cleared,Any help will be great.
Thanks.:cool:

question to pattu007

Hi Pattu007,

Can you please tell me what extra document did St Louis ask you to submit?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Re: question to pattu007

The document is DS-230 Part I. And its the NVC which asked to resend, not the St.Louis. NVC said, they recd the form blank. But my lawyer says thats not true. Anyway, that delayed my processing by 7 weeks.:(

Originally posted by Virginia Boy
Hi Pattu007,

Can you please tell me what extra document did St Louis ask you to submit?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

is there any pattern in the interview date

Hi Pattu007,
When are you planning to make the flight reservations? I know the flight tickets are pretty hard to get during Dec/Jan.
Also, is there are pattern that any body knows of in the way Chennai consulate use to schedule the interviews ? Before they post interview date around the middle of the month .. is there any way to know the correct interview date ?

Regards
Ravi

Re: is there any pattern in the interview date

Till last week, I thought I would go during Jan 2nd week (just in time for sankranthi). But since, I have 10 days holidays during christmas, I am making arrangements to go on 25th Dec by Malaysian airlines. Getting a price of 1335 (including tax) to Hyd, but in waiting list (Not sure about the chances of getting it). Iam going to block that ticket tomorrow. If I dont get that ticket and since Its very expensive by other airlines, I will go during Jan 2nd week. I will be returning in Feb 1st week, and I will go with a open ticket for return journey (price is same for fixed date ticket). Let me know If you have similar plans, We could coordinate the effort. BTW, where in India r u from?

I will be pretty sure by 13-15th of this month (when dec dates will be released), that my Interview would be in January and seems like we can block the tickets for 2 weeks.

About the pattern of interviews, I browsed through the forums and came to this Idea. That, generally the case reaching chennai on or before 20th of a month X, would be scheduled an interview after X+2 months. i.e, if your case reaches consulate before Nov 20th, then you can be pretty sure that your interview will be in Jan. Mine will reach this week to chennai consulate (as my case was sent by NVC on 10/30), and Iam in EB2, so I will be one of the first ones to have an interview in Jan. But I will still wait for the Dec interview dates, before confirming my tickets, just in case.

The chennai consulate will post the interview dates between 13-15th for the following months interview dates. You can start calling around 8-12th to chennai and find the dates. Also I saw in some forums, that they will start sending the packet 4 around 15-20 of the previous month.

pattu007

Originally posted by ravishankarp
Hi Pattu007,
When are you planning to make the flight reservations? I know the flight tickets are pretty hard to get during Dec/Jan.
Also, is there are pattern that any body knows of in the way Chennai consulate use to schedule the interviews ? Before they post interview date around the middle of the month .. is there any way to know the correct interview date ?

Regards
Ravi

Hi Pattu007,
I am from Hyderabad. My wife is leaving for HYD on December 7th on Cathay Pacific. She has return date of January 16th. I will have to get tickets on Catahy Pacific - some how. I know it is going to be expensive and difficult...
I am also in EB2 - I hope my interview date comes before January 10th.

Regards
Ravi