**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

Chennai didn't recieve my Case yet...

My case was sent by NVC to consulate on 10/30, today I heard from Chennai consulate that they havent received the case yet. How much time would it take for the case to reach chennai?

I am hoping for an interview in Jan 2003 at Chennai consulate. Chennai and US are the only places that I have lived.

Do I need police clearance certificate from Chennai. If so, how long does this takes.

As far as I know only the birth certificate and police certificates are the only docs that I might need to gather.

Thanks...

...Zia.

As far as I know from what I read from the posts in this forum, PCC is not reqd from the home country by the chennai consulate. You need only one from the Indian embassy here. But to be safe, I have got both of them. You can get information on this by mailing to chennaiiv@state.gov. They are very prompt. Please update us.

BTW, could you tell us your CP info.

Pattu007

Originally posted by Zia
I am hoping for an interview in Jan 2003 at Chennai consulate. Chennai and US are the only places that I have lived.

Do I need police clearance certificate from Chennai. If so, how long does this takes.

As far as I know only the birth certificate and police certificates are the only docs that I might need to gather.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Thanks...

...Zia.

Zia,

From What I learnt from the previous posting, the local PCC in india is not required (only the one from indian embassy in USA is reqd). But, I have both (one from embassy and one from India) just to keep it safe. You can get the info by mailing to chennaiiv@state.gov. Please update us on what u hear from them

BTW, Could you tell us your CP info.

regards
Pattu007

Originally posted by Zia

Thanks...

...Zia.

Re: Chennai didn't recieve my Case yet...

Called Chennai consulate today, they still didn't receive my case...:(

Originally posted by pattu007
My case was sent by NVC to consulate on 10/30, today I heard from Chennai consulate that they havent received the case yet. How much time would it take for the case to reach chennai?

Re: Chennai didn't recieve my Case yet...

Got a mail from Chennai consulate today (11/7), they still didn't receive my case...:(

Originally posted by pattu007

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else got their case sent to Chennai?

Anyone else got their case sent to Chennai recently? Please update

Pattu007

booking tickets for dates around christmas

Guys,

My interview will most likely be in January and I was planning to go to India during Christmas (on or after 25th). I will be flying from SFO to hyd. Thought you guys can give me tips on where to get the tickets for reasonable fare. My travel route is flexible. Appreciate your help. I already blocked tickets for Malaysian airlines on 26th, but not sure will get for that date.

Pattu007

Case Sent to Chennai

I just called NVC and was told that my case was mailed to Chennai on 11/6/02. I will probably send an email to chennai on 15th to find out if they recvd my case. Hopefully, they will and I also need to ask them to send packet 4 to local address in India.
-Raj

Case sent to Chennai

I just called up NVC and they said the Case was sent to Chennai consulate on 11/6/2002.

Ravi

Re: Case Sent to Chennai

Raj,

Congrats. Its taking time for the Case to reach Chennai in my case, the case was sent by NVC on 10/30 and Chennai still didn't recv the case as of today. I need to also ask the consulate to send the packet 4 to my local address in india, but they have to recv the case first. Since monday is a holiday for them:(, I would send a mail on tuesday and hopefully they recv it by then

Pattu007

Originally posted by Raj_CP
I just called NVC and was told that my case was mailed to Chennai on 11/6/02. I will probably send an email to chennai on 15th to find out if they recvd my case. Hopefully, they will and I also need to ask them to send packet 4 to local address in India.
-Raj

Re: Case sent to Chennai

Ravi,

Congrats.

Pattu007

Originally posted by ravishankarp
I just called up NVC and they said the Case was sent to Chennai consulate on 11/6/2002.

Ravi

I-20 is the form used by foreign students to study in USA. Its issued by the universities on behalf of INS so that the student can take it to Consulate to get VISA and once we come to US, the I-20 is the legal document that reflects the student status. If you came to us on a student visa first Like I did 5 years ago and then changed to H1 , you might need to carry it.
Pattu, thanks and keep us updated on what you hear from Madras. Also, is it the chennai consualte email address that we need to send our local mailing address to or some where else? I need to send my local address as well but I guess I will wait for another week since my case was sent on 11/6..Ravi, congrats

I will send a mail tonight and hopefully I hear a positive reply from them tomorrow. Will update you guys. BTW, Iam trying for the ticket on Dec 26th (to Hyd). I would most probably get it, will be returning on Feb 1st.

You have to send the mail to chennaiiv@state.gov to let them know that you want to recv the packet 4 to local address in India.

regards
Pattu

Originally posted by Raj_CP
I-20 is the form used by foreign students to study in USA. Its issued by the universities on behalf of INS so that the student can take it to Consulate to get VISA and once we come to US, the I-20 is the legal document that reflects the student status. If you came to us on a student visa first Like I did 5 years ago and then changed to H1 , you might need to carry it.
Pattu, thanks and keep us updated on what you hear from Madras. Also, is it the chennai consualte email address that we need to send our local mailing address to or some where else? I need to send my local address as well but I guess I will wait for another week since my case was sent on 11/6..Ravi, congrats

Last edited by a moderator:
To RaviShankar RP

Hi Ravi,

I heard from NVC that review was completed on Nov 7th. When can I expect that they will send it to consulate? How will I know? Do I have to email them?

Thanks,

Venkat.

My Case received by Chennai :)

Today I received the mail from chennai saying

--------------------------------------------------------------------
YOur interview is likely to be in January.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Havent mentioned when they received my case.

my details

Cp_Tracker_id: pattu007
Category: EB2
PD: 4/1/01
I 140 AD or I 824 AD: 2/1/2002
NVC RD: 3/1/2002
NVC P3 Sent: 7/15/2002
P3 Recd from NVC: 7/15/2002
P3 Mailed to STL: 9/13/2002
NVC Reviews P3: 10/23/2002
NVC Sent Case to Consulate: 10/30/02
Case Recd by Consulate: 11/12/02