**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

1) My current salary is much more than what is stated in my labour certification. Will that be a problem?

[should not be a problem. On a lighter note, where you paid so low during your labour certification ;-) ]

2) I am working in Dallas and my POE is dallas. but my labour is filed in Chicago since my company is there. will that be a problem? Should I be careful abt anything either at POE or at consulate?

[I am not sure what this implies, better take the advice of your attorney]

Got a reply from Chennai

I finally got a reply from Chennai stating that my interview will be in January/February and that my local address is noted.

Ravi

This is the third email that I sent. I did not get a reply for my earlier two emails. But the last one I sent on friday and I got the reply on monday.

Ravi

Interview date - pattern

My case is EB2. Is there any pattern as to when the interview date will be scheduled within a month ?

I noticed that the Employment based Green card interviews are typically int he second half of the month. Is this is a correct observation or is it just a coincendence?

I need to make flight reservations like everybody else - and that is why I am trying to flight if anybody has any more info.

Regards
Ravi

Re: Interview date - pattern

Ravi, I went ahead and booked my tickets beliving/hoping that my interview will be on or after 21st January (bases on the assumption that last 2 weeks are when EB interviews are done). I am also in EB2 cat. My docs were recieved by CHennai on or before 11/14/02

Originally posted by ravishankarp
My case is EB2. Is there any pattern as to when the interview date will be scheduled within a month ?

I noticed that the Employment based Green card interviews are typically int he second half of the month. Is this is a correct observation or is it just a coincendence?

I need to make flight reservations like everybody else - and that is why I am trying to flight if anybody has any more info.

Regards
Ravi

That is what I am hoping too. I will try to arrange so that I will be in India between Jan 10 and Feb 1st.

BTW, Raj where are you flying from ? Just wanted to see if you got a good deal about the flight tickets.
For me, I need to get tickets on Cathay Pacific - as my wife already has tickets on that - so might be a little tough...

Regards
Ravi

I am flying from Orlando an am going via Dubai ; Virgin Atlantic/Emirates air lines...

That is what I am hoping too. I will try to arrange so that I will be in India between Jan 10 and Feb 1st.

BTW, Raj where are you flying from ? Just wanted to see if you got a good deal about the flight tickets.
For me, I need to get tickets on Cathay Pacific - as my wife already has tickets on that - so might be a little tough...

Regards
Ravi

Checklist for Interview

My Lawyer has given the following checklist for the CP interview in Chennai

1) Appointment letter;
(2) Form DS-230, Part I and II (our office will prepare and send these to you);
(3) Form I-134, Affidavit of Support for each dependent. This form must be signed before a notary public (our office will prepare this form);
(4) Notarized letter of employment (Prepared by us and sent to HR for signature and then forwarded directly to you by HR);
(5) Passport valid for six months after your intended date of return to the United States;
(6) Birth certificate (one set originals, one set of copies);
(7) Medical examination results;
(8) Three ADIT-style photos (lightly print name on back of each
photograph in pencil or felt pen);
(9) Police certificate (one set of originals, one set of copies);
(10) Bank statements (last 6 months);
(11) Last six months pay stubs;
(12) Copy of most current tax documents (Forms 1040 and W-2 statements).

Good news is that my lawyer is going to help me with these documents, without waiting for the packet IV to be sent by Chennai consulate.

BTW, I got my tickets y'day leaving on Dec 26th.

To Pattu007

My lawyer has also given the checklist. It is pretty much same but she has added few more:

1) Original I-140 Notice and Copy of Petition
2) Original H1B Approval Notice
3) Copy of labour approval.

But she is not going to prepare these. Have you prepared the employment letter? Do you have a sample template?

I have ordered my three years tax transcripts.

This is the update so far.

Venkat.

Re: To Pattu007

I haven't prepared any documents so far. The employment letter will be prepared by my lawyer and she will send it to my HR and then HR would give it to me directly. So, that should take some time. Will keep you guys posted with any updates

Cheers
pattu007

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
My lawyer has also given the checklist. It is pretty much same but she has added few more:

1) Original I-140 Notice and Copy of Petition
2) Original H1B Approval Notice
3) Copy of labour approval.

But she is not going to prepare these. Have you prepared the employment letter? Do you have a sample template?

I have ordered my three years tax transcripts.

This is the update so far.

Venkat.

can someone post a sample employment letter? I know there is one on immihelp but besides that..

packet-3 question

Hi Fellow CPers

I wish you all goodluck. I believe you have expereinced packt3 processing, hence I am posting my question here.

I have a question while filling packet-3, DS-230 part1 form. I have my packet-3 with me.

Can anyone please tell me where in DS-230 part1 I should specify my India address, so that I receive packet-4 from consulate directly to my local address in India?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Tax transcripts

Hi all,
I called IRS and asked them to send Tax transcripts for the last 3 years. I got the stuff from IRS and what is included is a bunch of print out taken out of their system and also a cover page with the summary.
My question is, is this what is meant by tax transcript or is there something else that I should be expecting from them

TIA

Regards
Ravi

Re: Tax transcripts

Hi all,
I called IRS and asked them to send Tax transcripts for the last 3 years. I got the stuff from IRS and what is included is a bunch of print out taken out of their system and also a cover page with the summary.
My question is, is this what is meant by tax transcript or is there something else that I should be expecting from them

TIA

Regards
Ravi

Good Luck !! to all of you on this thread for your interview.

I'm sending my P3 tomorrow to NVC. Could you tell me what is the amount of time (in number of days) it takes for the P3 to get reviewed from the day it is mailed to NVC till the time it reaches Consulate in India.

TIA.

How long is PCC valid?

I got my PCC from Indian consulate in SFO in the month of March this year. My interview would be in Chennai during January 2003. I heard from other members in this site that the PCC is valid for 1 year. My lawyer says that its only valid for 6 months. I am leaving to india this month end and I dont think I can get a new one before I go. Could you guys point me to any links which confirms that the PCC is valid for 1 year. I sent out a mail today to Chennai consulate and waiting for reply.

thanks

Re: How long is PCC valid?

i had a successful Nov interview. My PCC was issued around MAY.
From May to Nov it was 6 months.

I sent an email to Chennai consulate around Oct confirming the PCC validity. The reply from chennia consulate was 1 year.

to be on the safer side, i took a print-out of the email-reply from Chennai consulate

So don't worry. PCC is valid for 1 year.

Re: Re: How long is PCC valid?

Thanks localmadras,

Today I got a reply from Chennai consulate saying the PCC is valid for 1 year.

cheers

Originally posted by localmadras
i had a successful Nov interview. My PCC was issued around MAY.
From May to Nov it was 6 months.

I sent an email to Chennai consulate around Oct confirming the PCC validity. The reply from chennia consulate was 1 year.

to be on the safer side, i took a print-out of the email-reply from Chennai consulate

So don't worry. PCC is valid for 1 year.

Question on I-134

I have a question about filling 1-134.

I-134 Question no 9
That I have previously submitted affadavit(s) of support for the following person.

My question is Should i mention my parents name as I brought my parents as visitors in 1999,for which i submitted 1-134.

Experienced Cpers Please let me know.

Thanks
chella