**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

To Pattu007

Can you tell me how did you find the date on which consulate recd the case? Did you email them and gave your case#? NVC has reviewed my case on Nov7th. What is the cut-off time to get jan interview.

Thanks,

Venkat

Re: To Pattu007

I sent a mail to chennaiiv@state.gov asking if my case has been received by them and what's the (likely) date of my interview. I mentioned my case number in the mail.

If your case is received at Chennai consulate by 20th, then your there is a good chance that your interview is in January. NVC took 1 week to send my case after review and Chennai recd it 2 weeks (this was unusual, generally it shouldn't take more than 10 days) after it has been sent by NVC.

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
Can you tell me how did you find the date on which consulate recd the case? Did you email them and gave your case#? NVC has reviewed my case on Nov7th. What is the cut-off time to get jan interview.

Thanks,

Venkat

NVC

my
i-824 : 7/14/2002
Packet -3 send to St Louis : oct 7th
NVC recieved Data : nov 5th

when should i expect interview in chennai.

Re: NVC

5 weeks for NVC to review the case, 1 week for NVC to send the case to consulate, 2 weeks for the consulate to recv it. Interview will be 8-10 weeks after that

Originally posted by khaleel
my
i-824 : 7/14/2002
Packet -3 send to St Louis : oct 7th
NVC recieved Data : nov 5th

when should i expect interview in chennai.

Chennai site updated with Dec Interview dates

Chennai site updated with Dec Interview dates. Interviews are scheduled only for 5 days (17-20, 27th), I guess we shouldn't infer anything from this for Jan interview, as Christmas could be the reason for the less number and days of interviews.

Thanks Pattu007

I sent a mail to Chennai consulate..They came back to me saying they have not recd my case yet. I feel mine wud take nov end to reach which means I can expect for feb interview.

Re: Thanks Pattu007

Venkat,

you should first call NVC and find out if they sent the case to Chennai. NVC done with review doesn't mean they sent the case immly. they will take atleast 1 week to send it over, in my case it took 13 long days.

Pattu

I sent a mail to Chennai consulate..They came back to me saying they have not recd my case yet. I feel mine wud take nov end to reach which means I can expect for feb interview.

Interview likely in Jan/Feb

I just got an email from Chennai telling me that my interview will likely be in Jan/Feb but I hope it will be in Jan b'se they already have my case now. I also sent my local address now. Hopefully things will go smooth....

Case Sent to Consulate

Just heard from NVC that it has been sent on 14th. Looks like mostly Feb. But dreaming for jan?

Hi friends,

I140 A/D - 8/03/02
pkt3 Mailed to STL - 10/16/02
NVC recd Pkt3 from STL - 11/14/02
NVC Review Pkt3 done - ?????
Chennai recvs case - ???
Interview - ????

Can anyone guess my probable interview date????

One more question - I got my PCC from Houston consulate on 09-30-02 and my wife got it on 09-26-02. The question is how long these PCC are valid. I don't know when my interview date is going to be?????.

Thanks,
Braj.

Originally posted by Braj
Hi friends,

I140 A/D - 8/03/02
pkt3 Mailed to STL - 10/16/02
NVC recd Pkt3 from STL - 11/14/02
NVC Review Pkt3 done - ?????
Chennai recvs case - ???
Interview - ????

Can anyone guess my probable interview date????

One more question - I got my PCC from Houston consulate on 09-30-02 and my wife got it on 09-26-02. The question is how long these PCC are valid. I don't know when my interview date is going to be?????.

Thanks,
Braj.

NVC review will take 3-4 weeks. If chennai receives your case by Dec 20th, you have a good chance of getting interview date in Feb. Or else, it will be March. I don't know how the holidays will affect these guesses.
According to Chennai Consulate PCCs are valid for 1 year from date of issue.

nmk-oct23,

Thanks for your reply!!!.

When I called NVC, they were telling me that it will take 6 to 8 weeks to do case review. I really don't know how far is this true.

one more question - once we know the case review completion date from NVC, how long it will take to get the interview date.

Thanks,
Braj.

It took 5 weeks for NVC to review my case (09/17-10/23). NVC will take 1 week (they say 2-4 weeks) to send the case to consulate and one more week for the transit time for the case reach chennai. Once chennai recieves the case and then if its well within the 20th(maybe more sometimes) of the month (say X) then your interview will be scheduled in 3rd or 4th week of month X+2

Originally posted by Braj
nmk-oct23,

Thanks for your reply!!!.

When I called NVC, they were telling me that it will take 6 to 8 weeks to do case review. I really don't know how far is this true.

one more question - once we know the case review completion date from NVC, how long it will take to get the interview date.

Thanks,
Braj.

Booked the tickets

I bought the tickets today. Going on 12/26 and coming back on 2/2/03. I should start collecting my documents now. Any idea when we would recieve the Packet 4 from Chennai. My case has been received by chennai on 11/12 and they said the interview would be likely in Jan. Anyone in the same boat?

Also, Is there a format for Employment letter?

regards
Pattu007

Chennai Received on 11/19

Hi Pattu007,

Got the news from Chennai consulate that they have received may case on 19th. Have you sent the local address to consulate for pkt-4? I am going to send it today and we will co-ordinate now our collection of documents. my email id is venkatcnv@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

Venkat

Did not get reply for Chennai Consulate

Hi guys,
My case was sent to Chennai consulate from NVC on November 6th. I sent two emails to chennai consulate but I haven't heard back from them yet.
What is the number to call Chennai consulate and what is a good time to call.
I hope my interview is in January.

Regards
Ravi

Re: Chennai Received on 11/19

Congrats.

I sent a mail to chennai consulate y'day stating my local address. I got a reply saying "YEs, your address is noted."

I guess we should be expecting pkt-4 around dec 17th.

Sure we will coordinate the effort. Lets start collecting the documents.

regards
Pattu

Hi Pattu007,

Got the news from Chennai consulate that they have received may case on 19th. Have you sent the local address to consulate for pkt-4? I am going to send it today and we will co-ordinate now our collection of documents. my email id is venkatcnv@yahoo.com

Good Luck!

Venkat

Re: Did not get reply for Chennai Consulate

Ravi,

Did you send the mail to chennaiiv@state.gov. I sent out mail almost everyday before I knew the interview date, and they were very prompt in replying. Did you include your case # in the mail. Iam sure the case might have reached the chennai already, and your interview should be in Jan.

BTW, I saw there are two guys with Chennai cosulate in cptracker whose case was sent on 11/6 by NVC to consulate has already been (recd &) entered by Consulate

Good luck
Pattu

Originally posted by ravishankarp
Hi guys,
My case was sent to Chennai consulate from NVC on November 6th. I sent two emails to chennai consulate but I haven't heard back from them yet.
What is the number to call Chennai consulate and what is a good time to call.
I hope my interview is in January.

Regards
Ravi

Status

Got a mail from consulate that my interview will be likely jan/feb. Called IRS and it went to an operator. I called at night 11.00 PM and it went to an operator. I cud not believe it. Apparently, it was because my address was changed and when I entered my address it did not match with their system.

Anyway, operator was very kind and said she will send me the three years tax transcripts.

Have you guys blocked the tickets yet?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Experienced Cpers - Question on Salary

1) My current salary is much more than what is stated in my labour certification. Will that be a problem?

2) I am working in Dallas and my POE is dallas. but my labour is filed in Chicago since my company is there. will that be a problem? Should I be careful abt anything either at POE or at consulate?

Pls advice.

Thanks,

Venkat.