**likely January 2003 Interview Tracker- Chennai Consulate **

PCC from Chicago

Hi,

I had posted a similar message and I would like to address this again and see if anyone is in the same boat.

I need the PCC from Chicago consulate and had applied for it 3 weeks back. I was told today that they have mailed my application to Chennai and that it would take 2 weeks for them to get it.

Then I could have someone from Chennai inqure about it at the RPO in Chennai and get them to fax it to Chicago.

I would like to know if there is any work-around for this issue. Can I get a PCC from the RPO to go for my GC interview on Jan 28th?

Is there anyone who does not have thier PCC yet or am I the only one who is screwed?

Thanks...

...Zia.

you can in parallel, get a PCC process started in India ... a big dose of pleading can help or a pain less, crisp green notes should do the job.

PCC in 35 days

Zia,

I read on some thread that the way the Indian consulate works is that after the consulate receives a request for PCC, the consulate sends an inquiry to the regional passpost office in India. The total time period for the processing for PCC request is a max of 35 days. If the consulate receives any reply from the passport office, they issue the PCC ASAP. If the Indian Consulate does not receive any reply from the passport office within the 35 days then the Indian Consulate issues a PCC.

Since only 3 weeks have passed from the time you sent the request for PCC, you should wait 2 more weeks(as the consulate officer also told you). As you interview falls on Jan 28 2003, you still have a lot of time.

I understand your anxiety. And its very common with all of us. Just be patient and everything will work right for you.

Good Luck.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Docs for Interview!

I got the following docs with me till now,

(1) Form DS-230, Part I and II (lawyer prepared);
(2) Form I-134, Affidavit of Support for each dependent. (Not notarized yet, lawyer has prepared )
(3) Notarized letter of employment (came from lawyer->HR->Notarized->To_Me);
(4) Passport valid for more than six months
(5) Birth certificate (one set originals, one set of copies);
(6) Police certificate (one set of originals, one set of copies);
(7) Bank statements (last 6 months);
(8) Last six months pay stubs;
(9) Copy of most current tax documents
(10) Tax Transcripts (3 years, give a call to IRS)
(11) Marriage Certificate
(12) Social Security card
(13) Apartment lease
(14) H1 Approval notice
(15) Copies of I140 application
(16) Work experience letters
(17) educational transcripts
(18) H-4 for wife
(19) Educational documents for wife
(20) Wedding card and photos

Following are yet to acquire,

(1) Appointment letter; (Gave the address in India, dont have to wait till it gets to lawyer in US)
(2) Medical examination results; (Got the appointment to Dr V for 17th evening, going to lister in the morning same day and will get the results in evening)
(3) Three ADIT-style photos (Will get it from Konika lab, chennai on 17th);
(4) Tax documents (dont have W-2, donno how I missed it, shall try to search for it, Is this compulsory?)
(5) IRS-9003 (Not doing it)
(6) company docs (financial statements, stocks info, etc.)
(7) Will book the train ticket from Hyd to chennai on 16th evening today
(8) Planning to stay in crystal residency hotel in chennai, will reserve tomorrow (1 minute walk to consulate, find details at the end of this mail)
(9) passport size photos required for medical
(10) copies of LC, I-140 Approval (should ask the lawyer to send them)

Iam leaving on 26th this month. Got 1 week more to get these documents in place.

Got the folder from office max mentioned by Venkat, very useful.

Crystal Residency
Premium Guest House.
51/22, Model School Road,
Thousand Light,
Mount Road
Chennai - 600006.
Phone: 044-8291305,8291306, 8291307.
Fax: 8290031
EMail: crystalresidency@aol.com

Tariff:
Single Non A/C : 600
Double Non A/C : 700 (Iam going for this)
Single A/C : 800
Double A/C : 950
Deluxe Room A/C : 1300
Extra Bed : 200
Luxury Tax 20%

Contact Person is Radha Krishna

My parents last month have stayed here when they went for Visitor visa. Hotel seems to be pretty good.

Did I miss anything???

We are almost there guys,

good luck
Pattu007

Interview Date

Sorry...havent checked this site for a couple fo days.
RaviShankarRP/RaviCP,

I am planning to go to chennai sometime around 16th.. I have some relatives there whom i am planning to visit. Also if time permits might go to tirupati. The first thing i am planning to get done after landing in Chennai is the lab tests and medical exams and then plan anything else..
19th Jan should be ok, i think. Have atleast 2 working days apart from the interview date. One of my friends is going for CP this dec 18th and his plan also is to go there 15th evening..I should have more info once he finishes his CP by dec 18th.

good luck people...v r almost there

Time takes to get a CP interview?

Hi All,

I have got my I140 approved last week. I have the option of going either for CP or AOS. I am thinking of going for CP . If I apply for CP now how much time it will take to get an interview at Chennai consulate?? If it takes more than a year I will have to think again.

Thanks
sd194

Re: Time takes to get a CP interview?

Originally posted by sd194
Hi All,

I have got my I140 approved last week. I have the option of going either for CP or AOS. I am thinking of going for CP . If I apply for CP now how much time it will take to get an interview at Chennai consulate?? If it takes more than a year I will have to think again.

Thanks
sd194

Congrats on your I-140 approval.

Going by the trend the range is 5 to 8 months.

Come aboard!

I-134 question

Hi all,
I have the following questions about I-134:
1. In item 1 -- when it asks about if we were are not an american citizen etc.. I guess we fall under the 4th category - does have to enter a A - number ? What is it ?
2.On item 3 -- when it says this is executed on the behalf of the following person - is it going tobe my name or my wife's. I thought it should be my wife's name.
3.Item 7 - I guess we need to give our title and company name.
4. Item 9 -- if I had submitted for more than 2 people - what do I do?
5. Item 10 - I have applied for visitor visa's for my parents and my in-laws. How do I enter the all the 4 names here ... and also I forgot the exact date when I applied... does it matter if the dates are a little off.

TIA
Ravi

I can answer for some of your questions:

1) No..We do not have to. It is for people with GC who submits I-134.

2) Yes it shd be your wife who is dependant.

3) Yes U r right

4) I am not sure whether do we have to mention here abt Visitor Visa Affidavits.

5) No. U have not submitted visa to INS for them. So I feel you shd not enter anything here.

By the way, re your question on tax transcripts earlier I too got a cover letter and three years print out of Form 1040 (It is not even exactly same as what I submitted). But I think this shd be fine.

-Venkat.

Thanks Pattu007

Got appointment on Jan 24th at 11:30 AM. I saw apartment lease in your list. Why do we need it?

Venkat.

Employment letter..

My attorney sent me format for employment letter and it goes like this:
December 10, 2002

Consular Section
U.S. Embassy
150 Anna Salai
Gemini
Chennai 600006
INDIA

RE: xxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Mr. xxxxx is currently employed by xxxxx. as a Senior Software Developer in the Orlando, FL area. Mr. Vennam works a full-time schedule and receives an annual salary of $xx,xxx. The permanent position that was offered to Mr. Vennam is still available. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at xxxxx

Sincerely yours,

Chief Financial Officer

This does not have my job description in detail ..so am wondering if I need to modify this or would this be fine... Please let me know guy...thanks

Print this on Company letter head. Note the <current
date> & the <notary date> should match.

------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL
<current Date>

US Embassy,Consulr Section
Address

Re: CASE #.........

Dear Sir or Madam,

<company> employs and will continue to employ <your
name> as a <job position>. In this position, <Mr.last
name> has the following responsibilities: <type all
the responsibilities for that job position>

<your name> receives an annual salary of <current
salary and not the LC salary>

Sincerely,
(signature)
Your Company Immigration Coordinator

bottom-left allow some space for Notary-seal. Try to
fit everything in one-page. If two pages, get
Notarized for both the pages.
Subscribed and sworn to
before me on this ___ day
of _______,2002

_________
Notary Public

Official Seal of Notary Public

thats what I am also wondering..Let us see..hopefully they post it tonight.

By the way, did anyone get the packet from Consulate for Interview to their local address? I checked with my folks and they have not got yet.

-Venkat.

Stay In Chennai an extra day??

Do you guys think I need to stay in Chennai for a day after interview to get the courier to the hotel or can we give our local address in AP (Vijayawada)? I dont mind staying an extra day if I have to but I would rather spend time at home...:)
-Raj

Packet 4 recd!

Sorry, didn't tell you guys. I received it on 12/15, Its been sent from chennai on 12/11

Pattu007

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
thats what I am also wondering..Let us see..hopefully they post it tonight.

By the way, did anyone get the packet from Consulate for Interview to their local address? I checked with my folks and they have not got yet.

-Venkat.

Packet 4 - local address

Hi,

I called home ( Chennai ) this weekend and was told that they receieved a packet from the consulate. My interview is scheduled for 01/28/2003.

By the way, would anyone who has thier interview scheduled around that time, share thier travel plans. I am wondering when should I leave for Chennai; around the 17th Jan looks like a good time to me.

Is anyone leaving from Chicago to Chennai for end of Jan interview?

Thanks...

Zia...

chicago to chennai

Zia

Iam travelling on the 18th from chicago by singapore airlines.My interview is also scheduled for Jan 28. The only problem with Singapore Airlines is it takes too much time to reach chennai. Iam starting on 18th evening and reaching Chennai on 20th around 9.55p.m.

chella.

Chennai Web Site Updated for Jan Appointments

Please check your case #s. I have checked mine but everything was listed as 8.00 AM. Actually my interview is at 9.30 AM. Also, I heard from other CPers that case # will be listed for self and also for each dependant. But it is listed only once. I checked for current month and it is same. So we do not have to bother abt this much I guess.

-Venkat.