Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

AC140 P3 question

Guys,

My ac140 has been approved and the attorney has mailed the packet-3 to me which she says is just what I sent for AC140 i.e. ds-230 part-1. If everything is same then why do we need to send it again? Is there anything diff in this case?

thanks in advance
--harapatra

to send packet-3 or carry it for interview

Guys,

I read somewhere that in case of AC-140 we may not send the DS230 part-1 and can carry it along for the interview. Is that right? My attorney was saying that the interview date will be assigned only after I send the packet-3.

How does one get the sailing permit from IRS? Can we pay the VISA fee here itself and thus get rid of rupee conversion issue that can arise if they decide to change the conversion rate (I have seen people paying ransom to the pimps outside the chennai consulate to fill the gap due to this).

Also, how current the notorized employment letter should be? I am also assuming that this notorized letter has to be provided by the employer :)

Please reply
--harapatra

Last edited by a moderator:
P3 from Mumbai consulate

:confused:

Guys

My lawyer received letter from Mumbai consulate with case # and blank DS230 Part1. I am wondering whether I have to re-send DS230 - Part 1. Mine is AC 140 case and I had already sent DS230-I with the application.

I have been browsing past posts (AC140 in particular) and many people had received another DS230-I altough it was submitted with the application. Wondering what to do?

KAT02

PS: Does A# on immigrant visa remain same as that on OPT EAD (F1 student visa)?

Re: P3 from Mumbai consulate

Originally posted by KAT02
:confused:

Guys

My lawyer received letter from Mumbai consulate with case # and blank DS230 Part1. I am wondering whether I have to re-send DS230 - Part 1. Mine is AC 140 case and I had already sent DS230-I with the application.

I have been browsing past posts (AC140 in particular) and many people had received another DS230-I altough it was submitted with the application. Wondering what to do?

KAT02

PS: Does A# on immigrant visa remain same as that on OPT EAD (F1 student visa)?

KAT02

That's exactly I am asking too. On immihelp.com I found that the DS230 can be just carried to the consulate. But then how do we schedule the interview? My attorney says that once they get the packet-3 (which is ds230-1) they will schedule the interview. Beats me as to why they need it again the same thing?

--harapatra

Re: Re: P3 from Mumbai consulate

Originally posted by harapatra
KAT02

That's exactly I am asking too. On immihelp.com I found that the DS230 can be just carried to the consulate. But then how do we schedule the interview? My attorney says that once they get the packet-3 (which is ds230-1) they will schedule the interview. Beats me as to why they need it again the same thing?

--harapatra

What you carry to the consulate for the interview is:

a) A copy of DS230-Part I (This would already have been
submitted to the NVC/ Consulate as part of Packet 3).

b) A filled DS 230-Part II- This should not be signed. Once
the consular officer is ready to issue the Immigrant visa
they he would ask you to sign this in his presence.

Raju

Packet 3 from consulate

Raju

I received P3 from Mumbai consulate (lawyer reseived one two days ago). It has a cover letter with my case #, my name and my wife's name. Cover letter says that I should use the case # and my name as mentioned in the letter for all future correspondence.

The packet has DS2001 (blank) and DS230-I (blank) and a checklist of documents I have to get for the interview.

When I researched this forum (for AC 140 applicants), a lot of people had received blank DS230-I eventhough they had submitted DS230-I with the application. When they contacted the consulate about interview date, they were told to submit DS230-I. Some of them managed to convince the consulate that the form was submitted already and then got their P4.

It seem that contacting the consulate to find out what is going on seems most pragmatic right now.

Anyone with AC140 experience please us out here.

Harapatra, looks like we are the only ones with AC140@Mumbai.:confused:

vsshah:

it can take anywhere from 14-24 months depending on the service center processing your I-140 and whether you get RFE's or not and whether you proceed with AC I-140 or regular CP process.

Please provide us with a service center and what EB catgeory your I-140 is filed under? And koi na koi jawab dega!

Packet 3 PCC info

Hi Guys

The packet 3 I received from the consulate mentions need for PCC:

It says that as of Jan1, 2002 all IV applicants must present Indian PCCs. Two certificates must be obtained as follows:

1) a certificate from your local police station
2) a certificate from your regional passport office.

Is this old information that gets sent out to AC140 applicants that I should ignore and get PCC from Indian Consulate in SFO? Or is it addressed to IV applicants under family based categories etc. who are residing in India - which means it does not apply to me?

Also should I send DS230-I again? KD1403, Rohufish - any ideas?

Appreciate your help.

KAT02.

Sorry for causing the confusion in my last post.

Kdivekar and Raju, you are correct. In my excitement, the first time I had not looked at the full numbers. All the A numbers on our passports are different, in the format as described by Raju.
I have edited my last post accordingly, so that it does not cause any confusion for new readers on the board.

Still not received the welcome letters or the actual cards.

kd1403, thanks and query in detail.

kd1403,

I got GC thru CP last year via Mumbai-Chicago.

Actually, I want this info for my friends now. Their labor is about to clear. They belongs to region V-Chicago/Service center Nebraska. And In India US embassy may be Mumbai-Chennai.

So, how much AC-140 takes times ?
How much time RFE takes to clear ? around 1 to 2 months ?
When I did, after labor, 140 was filed then Packet 3 and 4.
Now how procedure got changed for CP ??

Thanks..

Hi guys,
Can anybody please tell me, how long it takes after I-140 is approved, to get your papers transferred to Mumbai consulate. My I-140 is going to Nebraska service center.
Thank you.

sailing permit

Guys,

Is it must to have the sailing permit for CP interview? Please advise.

thanks
--harapatra

harapatra

I don't think so. Instead take IRS Tax Transcripts for last 3 years and your W2 statements for 3 years and that should be enough.

Travelling

We just got over GC's (not the physical card yet) but a stamp in the passport. We need to make a trip to india again. Is it safe to travel and return with only that stamp and not the physical card.
I'm more afraid on the way back passing thru indian immigration.
thanks

vsshah

vsshah-

search this forum and you will get 500 threads on how long a GC takes, after labor.

as a general rule, search the forum and read past posts before posting a new question.

basic questions such as yours are answered so many times, its a shame people keep repeating them.

srajuco

srajuco,

if your 140 at NSC was approved for 485 at NSC, then you need to file a 824 to request change to CP. once you get 824 receipt, send an AC140 to mumbai.

once again this is a question answered many many times in this forum....search and read before you post....

ddagsyn

ddagsyn-

my observation was that india immigration was a lot simpler than i expected. they should be well aware of the sufficiency of the passport stamp as temporary GC evidence. i am sure hundreds of people with such stamps travel back and forth each month.

go for it man - live your life to the full now - you've wasted enough worries on the GC. travel with confidence.

harapatra

harapatra

no one here was asked for a sailing permit. nor have i read a post in this forum which said someone was asked for one.

there is even a state dept memo stating that there is no longer a requirement for a sailing permit.

3-yr tax transcripts and w2 are good enough

su_gupta & raju595

about A nos.

my A no. on the AC140 CP visa stamp is different from our A nos. from our 485 receipts. is this ok?