Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

kd1403

Registered Users (C)
I have managed to compile a list of things to do before leaving usa, at the consulate and after the interview. Credit for this goes to all previous Cp'ers who has posted experiences on this immigration.com site. Hopefully this is useful!

TO DO’s: Before leaving US
1. Cover letter / Appointment letter & OF-171
2. Collect NOTARIZED employment letter (1 required. Photocopy can be used for derivative candidates)
3. Collect last 3 years' Tax transcripts from IRS by calling 800-829-1040 (free service) and W2 for 3 years
4. Get sailing permit from IRS (Not required since 1998)
5. Get PCC from Indian Consulate in US (if you are in US) (original only) - takes about 6 weeks with passport issued in India and 1 week for passports issued in USA.
6. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC). (recommended, not required)
7. If you have stayed only in India and US Email Mumbai Consulate as to whether you need a PCC from India. Almost always they would reply that you wouldn't need one and the one issued from Indian Consulate is enough. Take a PRINTOUT of that email.
8. Passport (should be valid for at least 12 months...confirm with consulate as most web sites say 6 months)
9. Biographic Data Form (DS 230 part 1 copy of what you submitted with packet 3 / AC I-140 packet and part 2 (unsigned))
10. Original Birth Certificate from all GC applicants and 2 affidavits of birth if missing or incorrect information in original BC (required)
11. Original Marriage certificate (required, if married and spouse accompanying)
12. Wedding photos & Invitation card (Recommended)
13. Pay stubs (last 4-6 stubs...i.e for 2-3 months) (Recommended, not required)
14. Original Degree certificates (recommended, not required)
15. Original School Transcripts (recommended, not required)
16. All previous F1 (student visa) papers, if any (Required)
17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any (Required)
18. Any other doc/paper related to INS/BCIS approvals (Required)
19. Company brochures, annual reports. (recommended, not required)
20. Company financial statements. (recommended, not required)
21. Bank statement followed by a photocopy (recommended, not required)
22. Notarized Affidavit of support I-134 (required)
23. Wife's employment letter (if any)

Note: the only 2 documents that need to be notarized are the employment letter (point 2) and I-134 (point 22). Rest document carry photocopies that need not be notarized. The officer will look at originals of all document and then look at photcopies and take photocopies, hence no need to notarize document except thos mentioned in point 2 and 22

TO DO’s: At Mumbai

PHOTO STUDIOS -- Mention Side posture, Immigration & passport style, 37 x 37 MM. from "My Own Photo Studio" (recommended for immigration photos). Located 2 blocks from US Consulate Mumbai on Bhulabhai Desai Road. 011-91-22-23646247/ 011-91-22-23869629. M-F 9am - 7pm IST. Charges Rs 100 for next day service and Rs 250 for same day service. Strongly recommended.

Medcial Check Up -- Call hospital and mention that the test is for immigration visa.

DOCTORS ADDRESS – Specifically tell the receptionist at the hospital that you would like to schedule an immigration medical check up and they know the rest. Lilavati (91-22-26455918), Hinduja (91-22-24452422 or 2444-7183), Breach Candy (91-22-23667979) Call M-F anytime.

Breach Candy closer to My Own Photo Studio so you can do medicals and immigrant photos same day.

TO DO’s: AFTER interview
1. Remember to collect all your ORIGINALS. (Important)
2. Take all receipts if any paid (to get reimbursement if eligible)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my details:
I-140 approved - 1st April 2003 (yeah ..April Fools Day)
P3 mailed to Bombay - 31st July 2003

Kdivekar have you asked your company for an employment letter yet or are you going to wait till september. What about the I 134's. When are you planning on getting those done
thanks

Notarized employment letter: I will ask for the letter when the October list is published on / after 16th september. I have made my HR aware of this requirement and all that they have to do is print, sign and notarize it and then give it to me. SO that should not be a problem. I will be carrying two such letters to include in my cp papers and my wife's cp papers for the interview.

I-134: While filing P3, my attorneys had me fill out I-134 for my wife and get it notarized. So that is taken care off.

P3 entered in bbay consulate on 8/8/2003 - folks called bbay consulate and found out the above information.

Hi,
I would like to know if I need to fill out Form 134 even though both me & my husband work and are on H1 visa.
Thanks,

Logically speaking if both spouses are on H-1 and working then the spouse who will be getting GC by virtue of marriage should not need I-134. But in my case, I have executed an I-134 and got it notarized. Also wht my attorneys recommended is that my wife (if employed) would need to carry her employment immigration and offer papers.

So to be short and sweet, download an I-134, fill in details and get it notarized.

Finally got my HR to do my employment letter and my I134 for my wife. My lawyer wants me to get certified copies of my tax records for last three years. Have y'all had to do that too
thnaks

The employment letter needs to be notarized before it is given to you. Preferrably carry 1 such notarized employment letter for each cp candidate. Also it is recommended that one get a employment letter not more than 30-45 days prior to the cp interview.

As far as tax transcripts, you can call 800-829-1040 and requested tax transcripts for last 3 tax years which will be mailed to you within 10 days. Make photocopies (need not be notarized) for each cp candidate.

OOps forgot to mention when you call 800 number for transcript there is no explicit option for tax transcripts but bascially try and talk to a tax rep. And you will get it in the mail within 10 days (about 2 weeks)

I am also expecting Oct interview at Mumbai. As for tax transcripts, there does come a number for ordering them-the only catch is you have to repeat it three times to get three years tax transcripts. Mine came within 8-10 days after ordering.

Another thing, I realized today when organizing all the documents, that I had sent my H-1 approval notice along with the H-4 for my spouse and daughter for revalidation of our H visas in Feb. through our attorney. The passports with the new H visas came back but the Noice of Action for my H-1 and H-4 did not return. I do have copies of all of them. Is it usual for the State Department to keep the original H approval notices while revalidating visas? Or is it my attorney who forgot to send them back to us. I will try to speak to my attorney about it on Monday, but since this has caused me some concern I thought I will post it on the boards for the experts to advise me.

Thanks

In my opinion, it is normal not to return the notice of approval since based on that notice your (& Fly) passport has been stamped with the valid visas. But I think you will be better off putting this question in the H-1B forum to get the right answer.

Does the I-94 that you have when you entered USA last time say "Till Duration of Status"? You may want to include the answer to this question when you post your question in the H-1B forum on this site.

By the way..Su_Gupta when was your P3 mailed to mumbai/ p3 entered by mumbai in their system?

Hi kdivekar,

I got my CP interview for July to begin with, but since I complete my J-1 waiver on 30th September, my attorney had to get it postponed for October. I realize that I am one the few on this board who is a physician compared to all you who are all software people. We need to complete our J-1 waiver, before we can go for the CP.

Regards

I 797 Not returned by State Dep

Hello,

I am in a similar situation as Su-Gupta. I do not have the original I 797 for my latest H1. ( Even Worse - I can't even seem to find a copy).

Is there a way to get a copy of it from the INS/BCIS ??

My Case was transferred to the Chennai Consulate on July 30. Chennai consulate has replied to my E mail on Aug 21 that they have received the papers(Did not mention when) and have indicated that the interview could be october/november.

Does anyone know what kind of blood tests and XRays are conducted.

Thanks
Jkaipa

If you got your visa revalidated within USA/ stamped from outside USA, which means you have a valid visa then in that instance you should not need 797 form. If you have not got the visa stamped in the passport then you will need the 797 form. If you do not have it check with your lawyers, generally they keep copies for their records. Else call BCIS, provide them your case number and request a copy of your 797 form.

As far as medicals are concerned for CP, all you have to do is tell the hospital that you want to schedule a immigration checkup and they know the rest. In general this includes a full physical check up including tetanus, MMR, blood check and TB test which may include Xrays.

H1 Papers

kdivekar - Thanks.

I do have the visa stamped on my passport. The stamping was done at the state department.

As my current H1B expires on Feb 2004 - My company has started the procedure for an extension - Let's hope I don't need one.

Question - I have about 3 H1's in the last 5 years - two change of companies and one extension.
There a a whole lot of paperwork associated with all of this - Do I need to make copies of all of this and take it along with me.

My wife is on a H4 visa & does not work - Do we have to carry all of her Academic credentials also ?

Also kdivekar - Since you are expecting a interview in Oct as well, have you made any tentative travel arrangements. This time of the year - is it easy to get a ticket.

Thanks
Jkaipa

Carry as many immigration and academics papers as you can and keep one photocopy (both for yourself and wife). Generally academics is not checked but it is one of those things which is good to have.

I will be making travel plans only when i come to know the exact interview dates (somewhere mid sept). Yes it is easy to get tickets and if you fly to india before 10th december tickets are not expensive.

FYI...once your p3 is mailed to the consulate and when your folks are trying to contact consulates via phone / in person make sure that your folks tell the consulate that your number is "3 characters plus 10 digit number" (BMB2003xxxxxx or whatever it is) and your full first and last name.

The reason i am posting this is bcoz my p3 was mailed to consulate on 7/31, acknowledged by consulate on 8/8 and then again when enquired my folks were told that they had not receievd my p3. After going back and forth, i realized that probably the person running the search at the consulate was search by 10 digit number and not including the three alphabets (BMB) OR was running a search by my shortened first name. When that individual was told to run a search by my 13digit bmb number and by my full first and last name they were able to confirm receipt of p3 on 8/8 and that more than likely it would be an october interview.

On a different note, october interview list would be generated and finalized mid next week and published mostly on 15th/ 16th of sept.