Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Urgent: Interview dilemma with labor cert

Hi all,

I have my AC140 interview scheduled for December.
I have a substitute labor cert that was approved from TX where my consulting company HQ is.
However, I have been working in NJ for the past 4 years during which the labor was applied, i-140 approved etc.

Now I am getting nervous about the interview.

Would this issue be brought up at the interview?
If it is, any suggestions for a good explanation? I was thinking maybe I can say that since I am consultant I always have to travel to client sites and work rather than where the company HQ is.
At the least, I hope this is not considered as fraud.

Please help!

Thanks

You have nothing to worry. Like you said you are a consultant and therefore you consult at various locations. I just did my CP in mumbai and was asked about my job in detail. Remember as long as you have a job offer waiting for you in USA you are fine. I took a whole lot of papers and you should too. But nothing about I 140 labor was asked or checked. All that man had in front on him was my Part 11 papers and i think our PCC and marriage license
thanks

Su-Gupta
I took recieved my welcome letters on Nov 13th 2003. I landed on Nov 2nd 2003 in houston and got my SS numbers in the mail on Nov 6th 2003.
thanks

Hi ddagsyn,
We landed on 24th Oct , POE- Philadelphia. Have received 4 sets of welcome letters for myself and wife, each one every day starting 10th Nov. 2 sets for the daughter.
Still have not received anything from the Social Security Cards. Though, we all had social security numbers( with the notation- valid only with INS work authorization). The reason, all of us had SS numbers was that we came to US in 1994 and that time, even the dependents used to be given social security cards with the above notation.
In our DS-230, we did provide our SS numbers and asked for new cards. Do we need to do something to get the new cards or wait?
Please let me know.
Thanks

Once more a Q on PCC

To all the Guru's:

We are in Mumbai for the past two years.

Our Q is:

1. Where do we go for the local PCC, which police station do we go to? ( We live at malbarhill, walkeshwar area) ??

2. If the inspector asks us what format/what does he need to give us in writing what do we say/give him??

3. Any previous experiences welcome.

Awaiting help from all the Guru's.

hi Su_Gupta

I too have an SS number but was sent another one with my same SS number as before. Did you check the status of your plastic card online on the immigration website? Mine says application approved and card is sent for printing
thanks

what recipt number to use?

ddagsyn-

i assume you're referring to that usual BCIS case status website. which receipt/case number are we to use to check on PC status?

yes i am referring to the website. On the welcome letter one has a SRC number you use that SRC number to get your card status.

thanks

Hi ddagsyn,
Thanks for the advice. I did check the status online after reading your suggestion.
It says application approved and approval notice sent. We are receiving lots of welcome letters everyday!!! I have stopped counting now!!!

Mine just changed to

On November 13, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Hope to get the card this week.

WELCOME!

su_gupta--

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

WEL... (ad infinitum)

looks like the BCIS is trying to make up for all those months of pain they inflicted earlier! they're thrilled to have you as one of their own now....

WELCOME!

;-) ;-)

status

ok so it seems i cannot check the status of cards until i receive that welcome letter

i should probably stop obsessing about this stuff now - this process turns you into a status-check junkie...

Rohufish
Did you recieve SS numbers in the mail? I already have an SS # and they sent me a new one with the same number and a new one for my wife
thanks

Just received THE CARDS for self and wife this morning. Checked online status a few minutes earlier had said application approved, but did not mention about the cards.

Waiting for daughter's card and the SS cards now. Rohufish, just hang in there- another couple of days and it will be all over.

ddagsyn

nope, no SScards, no letters, no GC cards.

we only entered on nov 2 so it'll take a bit longer for us.

letters here

welcome welcome welcome to my wife
welcome welcome only for me

i feel jealous already....

got them today - these guys can't count or they have extra paper they need to get rid of?

POE at JFK, NYC on 11/2

Congratulation rohu_fish
I got two letters and my wife got one. Sometimes you wonder how do they do something like this?