Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Also to close the loop on my wife's medical ..she went for her medicals to Breach Candy 2nd week of october and was asked to get all her medical papers from USA which I had faxed last week. The BC doctor and radiologist after reviewing her USA medical papers gave her 3 packets of sealed medical envelopes...So that is taken care off.

hello

i have my interview on 24th Nov , monday . me and my husband are planning to do our medical on thursday and friday i.e 20th and 21st nov . do you think if this is ok or we should keep some more days in our hand ? i am planning to do our medical through Breach Candy Hospital . do they give the reports on the same day ? In immihelp.com they suggested that for women they may take more days . has anyone faced such type of problem or situtaions? should i keep more days for medical ? isn't 2 days sufficient for women medical exam ?
please help me soon ....
thanks

soumi:

normally it is recommended to keep a 3 working day gap between medicals & interview. And if possible for ladies one should provide 5 working days. Again these are recommendations. BC does give report same evening around 4-5pm assuming everything is fine.

At the same time, if the person undergoing such medical has a medical condition or has had hospital visits in usa then it is a MUST to carry all related medical papers from usa prior to leaving.
In absence of such documents of medical condition/ surgery one will not get medical reports the same evening.

So bottom line is if there is no medical history then you should be fine else i personally recommend doing medicals at least 3-4 working days prior to interview date.

Fees

If one has paid the NVC $335.00 fees in the US. What additional fees need to be paid at the consulate.
thanks

MEDICALS @ BREACH CANDY

Hi All:

Just wanted to you give all an update on my immigrant medical checkup @ Breach Candy. My wife under medicals @BC and had a relatively bad inexperience where folks were rude. But it was exactly the opposite for me. May be bcoz I know marathi and what is called bambayya hindi...that probably helped me in getting my medicals done in one piece. Anyways details:
* Reached @ 7 am for 7:30 am registration
* Dorrs opened sharp at 7:30 am. As registration form was given a number was assigned. Carry a pen to fill out the form. Try to stand closest to the door so that you get in first and get the first few registration numbers so that you are ahead of the game throughout the day. As always whoever can push the most at teh registration entrance gate gets in first and gets an earlier assignment number. My bodyweight and 6+ feet height did help me somewhere.
* Turned in Completed registration by 8:15am.
* Numbers were called for payment of fees by 8:30. Carry original passport, original/ duplicate appointment letter and 3 pasport photographs and needless to say money for medicals. Carry additional money just in case for any additional checks that may be needed.
* Blood drawn by 9:15am
* X-ray done by 9:30am. Need to remove tops for men & women for X-ray for TB test. Men x-rays are done by men and ladies by ladies.
* Then asked to come back by 10:30-10:45am. Hence I went to "My own photo studio" (walked out of BC and turned right, walked for about 1 mile and it was on the opposite side of the road). Got my immigrant photos clicked. Rs 100 for 8 photos next day service and Rs 200 for same day service. I paid rs 200 to pick up by 3pm.
* Walked back to BC, ate batata wada and pepsi at BC Canteen since we were asked to eat and come. Fasting was not required but we were asked to eat since we would not have time to go out for lunch.
* By 11:15am, the dr. checked height & weight...where for some reason as per indian weighing scale i had lost 5 kgs...not sure why! But I was happy!
* By 12pm we were walked into another bldg...for the vaccines and blood pressure and to meet with the doctor.
* I was called in by 12:30pm and was asked basic health related questions such as hospital visit, any surgeries/ operations and its records. Then I was given MMR vaccine on one hand and Diptheria/ Tetanus (DT) on the other. It was painless...although there is a very little discomfort now after 18 hours.
* By 12:40pm I was asked to strip off my clothes..100% where pretty much the entire full physical exam was completed. Again this is done by men doctors for me and lady doctors for ladies.This hardly took 5 minutes.
* I was asked to come by 2:30pm but as usual Marathi speaking helped and had made friends by this time and was given the report by 2pm while others waited until 3pm.

Everything is normal and I was out of BC with the report by 2:15pm.

Then headed to the photo studio and was given immigrant photos 1 hr before scheduled time. Then met my wife and went out shopping...Well it was a good but a tiring day!

Moral of the story: If you know marathi and / or hindi and if one does not act smart, things can go their way. Coz some people were trying to act act americanized and the BC folks were rude to them on their face. Plus if you do medicals @ BC then you can do immigrant photos the same day and can save you an additional trip.

Next week is interview and will post updates then. Till then hope all is well!

ddagsyn:

If you have paid $335 thent there is no immigration related fees to be paid unless you want your passport couriered to your home which will be the additional courier service fees.

Medicals in Chennai

Guys

Got our medicals done between Mon & Tue (Oct 20-21).

Everything went smothly. Lister Labs gives the reports on the same day at about 4.30-5.00 PM.

Very basic checks at the doctor's office too.

Everyone asks for the Original Appointment letter.

Got the immigration style photos at Kodak photo studio on Nungambakam road.

Cheers

Jkaipa

H1 extension

Anyone please help...

I know this question is not for this forum
but I don't know where to put it ...........

for filing H1 extention do we need attorney or
my company/ myself can do it?

Thanks in advance

If one has paid the $335.00. What additional fees are to be paid to the mumbai consulate for EB3
thanks

Originally posted by ddagsyn
If one has paid the $335.00. What additional fees are to be paid to the mumbai consulate for EB3
thanks

If you have paid the visa issuance fee of $335 here in US,
you don't need to pay anything at the Mumbai Consulate.
Though not absolutely necessary, carry some proof of payment
like a photocopy of Cashier's check/ Money order.

Unlike Chennai, the Mumbai consulate lets the candidates
themselves collect the visa packets. At Chennai there is
a payment of courier fee.

Raju

Had a succesful CP on 22nd at Mumbai and now back in US this afternoon.
Everything went as has been described on the board. This board has been a great help in preparing for the whole process. Thanks to everyone who pitched in whenever there was a doubt or querry. Special thanks to kdivekar who has been on this board like a rock and helping promptly with any kind of question. I am waiting to hear from his successful interview.
The interview and the medical went very smoothly as we had all the papers and documents- so if you have gone through the messages on this board and have all the necessary documents, there would be no problems at all in the whole process.
Thanks to all the friends on this board.

su_gupta:

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS on your successful CP interview and wishes to all on a very HAPPY DIWALI! And last but not the least thanks for your compliments! But again I will repeat a big thanks to Rajiv Khanna who is providing us this channel/ medium to share immigration knowledge!

HEaring your positive story on your CP interview I feel motivated enough for my interview scheduled for tomorrow in just over 24 hours from now!

Unfortunately I do not have a comp in my home in bombay...although there is a cyber cafe right below our house i am having a difficult time getting to the cafe in one piece thanks to my relatives! Once I am done with my interview on 27th october I will definitely post my experience on this site within a day / two!

Take care and have fun!

Mumbai CP

Just to let y'all know that we got our visas at the mumbai consulate today. The interview was not like anything i've read on this board. It was a good twenty minutes of interrogation. To the Cper's out there make sure you know your company very well and know about your projects. Make sure you have enought to talk about.
thanks

all a-ok

had interview oct 27 morning. all went well.

give you wooden tokens, but they serve no purpose, so its doesnt matter if you have 28 or 288!

the consular officer had a tough demeanor - but midway through i realized it was more out of jest than anything else. he asked about my career history, where my wife and i met (in detail), asked my wife about her stay in germany, asked me in detail about one aspect of my job, also asked about how my university got its name. he started smiling towards the end, and i had started way before that when he asked about where my wife and i met. guys, chill out even if they grill you a little - the tough guy act is just temporary.

take 2 copies of your marriage certificate-one for your and spouse files.

make sure you organize your papers well so they are easy to randomly access based on what they request.

go to pick up the passport only at 4pm - we were asked to come at 3:30pm but waited in the sun unnecessarily.

i got our 140 approval original back - first time i've touched it - feels good after all the games played by my company visa rep.

no cell phones allowed, no closed bags allowed - just go with simple shopping plastic bags (do not need to be transparent or clear), with docs organized in folders.

no need to take your US citizen kids with you. we left our baby with grandmom.

no need to line up too early - but make it there by 7:30am. there are no NIV applicants in line anymore - all handled by courier. so most in line are IV applicants

carry your vaccination records for the health check. go to lilavati or hinduja, breach candy had bad reviews. get there by 6:45am. better still, get the form the previous day, and arrive at 7am and submit form first while others get it and fill it out. you'll be first in line, and get out of the hospital early.

photos are cheap (Rs 100 for 8 next day service or Rs200 for same day) at "my own photo studio".

draft amount wef oct11, 2003 is Rs15410 for $335 fee, but check latest amount anyway. i got cash from citibank ATM in rupees from my US dollar account, and used to get draft. go to ANY bank in Mumbai.

Hi Rohufish

Congratullations!!

Seems like they love to put on an act to just test the waters. Anyway, did you get in touch with KD1403?

He has not yet posted his details hence just curious

Here is my CP experience

Arrived in Mumbai on the 20th of Octobers for an OCt 28th interview.

Medicals
Done at Lilavati on Oct 22nd 2003 at lilavati. Nothing to report everything was smooth. They do accept credit cards so you don't need to have cash. Was given the MMR vacine. Was asked if one had Chicken pox. If you say no they give u that one too. Cost about RS 1500.00.

Photos
Taken at MyOwn Studio

Interview
7:45 a.m Arrived at consulate and was taken in immediately. Was sent to the payment cashier where i handed my appt letter and was told not to pay anything since i had paid $335.00 to the NVC. If you need to pay you will have to pay with a bank draft and make sure its the exact amount as if it is over they will not except. The dollar to the rupee is 46 right now. Was told to wait infront of counters 10,11,12

10:10 a.m Was called to the counter. Make sure you have 2 copies of everything. We carried all our documents and the kitchen sink. Anyway was asked for my documents first.
1. My appt letter 2. PCC 3. Affidavit of Support 4. Marriage Certificate 5. Birth Certificate. My wife the same except Affidavit of support and appt letter.

Meanwhile interviews had started at counter 9

11:25 a.m Called to counter 6

Officier - Start talking
Me - Huh?
Officier - Tell me about your job?
Me - Replied in two sentences?
Off - Go on
Me - Two more sentences
Off - Go on
Me - Now thinking he wants the whole enchilada started to give him my projects everyhing. Started talking and did not stop
Off - Meanwhile was cancelling H1 visa and making me and my wife sign part 2.

Off - Where did y'all meet?
Off - How did y'all meet?
Off - When did you get married?
Off - Have you visited any other places besides australia? (as i had an australian visa)
Off -(to my wife) are you Goan?
Off - You have a Portuguese surname?
Off - So tell me about the company?
Me - Started on my long answers again?
Off - When was it started?
Me again with the company history.
Off - so what basically do y'all do?
Off - Is that your primary source of income?
Off - How many employees?
Off - Where do you live?
Off - How is the weather?
Off - How long in the US?
Off - Tell me about your studies and yourself?
ME - Started again on my long answers?
Off - What visa did you go on?

I am issuing your immigrant visas today

In between he this interview he nearly bit the head of the translator who touched on of his files. That the last i saw of her she left the booth.

Thats all i have any questions let me know

And once again thanks to everyone for answering my stupid question over and over again

To be short and sweet, we had a successful CP interview @ Bombay. My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Rohufish and his wife at the consulate!

* Showed our appointment letter and entered consulate at 8:15am. Note: Try to get there about 15-30 minutes before time. Coz the one who gets in the consulate first gets to give the CP papers first and hence is LIKELY (remember likely not definitely) to get the interview first.

* Gave appointment letter to the cashier counter around 8:20am.

* Around 11:30am our name was called out to collect papers. We gave CP papers as mentioned in appointment letter to the Indian Lady at counter 11 (3 counter to receive CP Papers - 10, 11, 12). The lady was extremely courteous.

* Around 12pm our name was called out for the interview at counter 12 ( initially counter 9 was being used for interview but later on they started using counter 9 and 12 for interview). Specifically 3 questions were asked: Where do i work (since i am a consultant - so i mentioned my client's name), whom do i work for (so i answered my consulting company name) and what is my job role (anwered software engineer involving everything from research, analysing, designing, development, testing, implementation and project management). Since the gora interviewer had to go for lunch with some birthday girl he told us that our GC application was approved. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes .. thanks to the birthday girl! The interviewer was pretty good looking and my wife liked him....thank god the interview lasted 2 minutes!

* Was asked to collect passport with cp approval papers at 3:30pm which we ultimately got at 4pm.

Rest is history! Entering USA end of November!

Also managed to find out that as per Consulate information counter, December interview dates for Bombay will have been finalized by 7th November and published around 14th November! so those expecting interviews around december may want to call the consulate number to find out details around 5-7th november!

Will post POE experience once i have entered 1 month from now!

kkulkar sorry i missed your call .... my dad told me that you had called!

kd1403 & ddagsyn

Congratulations Guys!!

Glad to read that everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the info about December 2003 interview details. Actually we called the consulate yesterday night (October 28, 2003) and was told that dates are confirmed yet.

Anyway, I am planning to fly out on 23rd November 2003 and therefore there are chances that we will meet KD1403.

Let us see how it pans out.