Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

are the words 'full-time permanent' absolutely necessary in the job letter?
Answer: There is nothing like required but good to have to avoid any confusion at the time of the interview.

also, the job description they mention in the letter uses different examples and description for the same role - the language is different from the labor cert and 140 job desc. will this be a problem, or should i ask them to re-do the letter?
Answer: As long as it relatively explains your job role and responsibilities it should be fine.

finally, the HR guy did not sign in front of a notary - he just gave a simple signed letter. i presume i have to push him to go to a notary and sign in front of them.
Answer: This is a must. The employment letter has to be notarized and only in usa. A regular employment letter which is not not-notarized in usa is not acceptable at the interview.

dup appt letter reached attorney

in the spirit of making this as much of an MTV Real World live telecast....

a duplicate of the appt letter has reached my attorney as well. i guess they send 2 copies

also, both letters were NOT posted from india. it seems they were sent to Washington DC in bulk, and mailed from DC.

krish, thanks for your feedback on the letter....

Thats interesting to know that two appointment letters are normally sent out by the consulate: one to the applicant and one to the attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI...earlier today (oct 1) my wife picked up duplicate appointment letter from bbay consulate by showing a photo id...note was made that my wife picked up a duplicate...no hassles except the lady was rude when my wife asked to rectify my dad's name on my appointment letter. She was told to remind the consular officer at the time of the interview about rectifying my middle name.

okay guys, i think i have all the documents

here goes

Notarised employment letter
Birth Cert (Original)
Passports (Original)
Marriage Certificates (Original)
Divorce Decree (Certified)
Police Certificates (Original)
Tax Transcripts
W2's (Original)
I 134 (Still to Notarized will do this weekend)
Pay Stubs
Company Financials
Appt Letter
Fee Receipt
P4 forms
Tickets

Only thing to do is the photos

Am I missing something

ddagsyn:

Carry photocopies of all your originals...turn in photocopies @interview to the person who collects documents. That person will look at photocopies and originals and take photocopies. The noly original that need to be turned in are Notarized employment letter & I-134. One can include photocopy of notarized emp letter in spouse immigration paperwork.

Also one needs 3 immigrant style photos on interview day and 3 passport style on medical chck up day!

Originally posted by ddagsyn

here goes

{The above post is correct in suggesting you to carry the
photocopies. I will clarify a little bit more}

Notarised employment letter - {keep a copy in your spouse's papers and children's if any- They will keep the original}
Birth Cert (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}
Passports (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Marriage Certificates (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Divorce Decree (Certified) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Police Certificates (Original) {keep a copy- They will keep the original}
Tax Transcripts
W2's (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

I 134 (Still to Notarized will do this weekend) {keep a copy- They will keep the original}
Pay Stubs {give copies if asked for}
Company Financials
Appt Letter
Fee Receipt
P4 forms
Tickets

Am I missing something

{my responses}

{Carry copies of all your earlier H1B approvals, Edu. Certificates,
Copies if experience letters, offer letters and so on. They may
never be asked for , though}

Raju

Originally posted by ddagsyn

here goes

{The above post is correct in suggesting you to carry the
photocopies. I will clarify a little bit more}

Notarised employment letter - {keep a copy in your spouse's papers and children's if any- They will keep the original}
Birth Cert (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}
Passports (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Marriage Certificates (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Divorce Decree (Certified) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

Police Certificates (Original) {keep a copy- They will keep the original}
Tax Transcripts
W2's (Original) {carry a copy- You should get back the original}

I 134 (Still to Notarized will do this weekend) {keep a copy- They will keep the original}
Pay Stubs {give copies if asked for}
Company Financials
Appt Letter
Fee Receipt
P4 forms
Tickets

Am I missing something

{my responses}

{Carry copies of all your earlier H1B approvals, Edu. Certificates,
Copies of experience letters, offer letters and so on. They may
never be asked for , though}

Raju

Thanks all of you. I also have all the documents and copies as enumerated above.

One question-
On the employment letter, the Letter-head on which it is printed- It has on top the Name of the Clinic, then my employer's name and degrees, and then my name with my degrees printed ( As my employer is a physician who owns the clinic, and as I am the physician working with him, my name also appears on top of the letter-head printed). We are the only two physicians working at the clinic.

On this letter-head my employer has given me the notarized employment letter. Is it OK that my name is also printed on top after my employer's name? This is our usual letter head for both my employer and I work at the clinic. Normally, all the physicians have their names on the clinic letterhead, but I want to be sure that the consular officer does not think that I am owner of the clinic.

marriage photos

i've also read in some posts that in addition to the marriage certificate, you should carry photos of the wedding, especially the ceremony being performed.

also, carry the US birth cert of your US born kids as well as their passports

su_gupta:

It should not be a problem as long as you can explain to the consular officer.

I totally concur with rohufish that one should carry marriage photos where the actual ceremony is being performed although this is not required..it is yet another thing good to have!

marriage photos

a caveat:

if the marriage certificate is from the USA - i don't think photos are required. i'm assuming that the photos are to prevent fraudsters who pay money for fake indian marriage certificates

POE ??

Guys

Have recd my appointment letter by mail on 09/29/03.
No other information or document enclosed with it.

Question on POE :

1) Any news on what happens at POE. What kind of questions/documents are necessary ? Also, once we get off the aircradt - which immigration line do we follow - Citizen/PR OR General Public ??

2) Is it O.K if the dependant GC Holder travels back to U.S at a later time.
If yes, is this something I need to inform the Consulate at the time of interview ?

Thanks

Jkaipa

Re: POE ??

Originally posted by jkaipa
Guys

Have recd my appointment letter by mail on 09/29/03.
No other information or document enclosed with it.

Question on POE :

1) Any news on what happens at POE. What kind of questions/documents are necessary ? Also, once we get off the aircradt - which immigration line do we follow - Citizen/PR OR General Public ??

{If you find a board saying 'New Immigrants' that't where you
should be going to. No documents are needed at the POE.
You would just surrender the Visa packet that you received
from the Consulate and your passport.

You need not fill the Immigration form given out in the aircraft.
Fill only the customs form}

2) Is it O.K if the dependant GC Holder travels back to U.S at a later time.
If yes, is this something I need to inform the Consulate at the time of interview ?

{Only stipulation is the principle applicant should enter US
first.

That means the dependents can come either with the principle
applicant OR later.

The visa packets are seperate for each of the applicants}

Thanks

Jkaipa

{my responses}

Raju

Re: marriage photos

Hello,

I have a marriage certificate from USA. I was still asked for my wedding pictures. I HIGHLY RECOMMENT all to carry the pictures of the main ceremony.

Booker

Originally posted by rohufish
a caveat:

if the marriage certificate is from the USA - i don't think photos are required. i'm assuming that the photos are to prevent fraudsters who pay money for fake indian marriage certificates

I concur with both rohufish and booker. It is true that marriage photos are not required with a usa marriage cert but at the same time like booker said it is difficult to argue at the cp interview so it is better to carry marriage photos irrepsective.

Bank Statement

Guys,

Bank Of America in DFW refuses to notarize my bank statement.
Reason's are ridiculous. But neverthless, just wanted to know if this is an absolute requirement.

My last option would be to get it notarized from some place else - if it is really required.

The nuthead at the bank however did tell me that the statement would be addressed to US Consulate and would be on bank letterhead stationery - have to wait and see.

what's your take on this !

Cheers
Jkaipa

jkaipa:

The only 2 documents that need to be notarized are the I-134 and employment letter of which employment letter should be given to you only after it is notarized. so you dont have to get it notarized. You can get I-134 notarized at any place in usa.

Bank statements need not be notarized. There is no such requirement anyways. Just have it addressed to consulate OR to whomsoever it may concern. This would a document to support your claim in I-134!

For medicals at Hinduja, we need to take-
1. Original appointment letter
2. Passports
3. 3 passport size photographs
4. previous vaccination records

What I can not remember is that - do we need to take the photocopies of the passport also. When I had made the appointment on phone for our medicals, I seem to recollect the person telling me to bring the photocopies of the first page of the passports along wiht the original passports.

Hi kdivekar, can you please clarify? And how did your wife's medicals go?

Thanks

gupta saheb:

HEre is the link for hinduja visa check up details...
http://www.hindujahospital.com/visa_checkup.html

you would need to carry photcopy of the 1st page of your passport. The other thing is that although the web site says "no fasting" required...you may want to check coz my impression is that fasting is required and then they provide chai coffee ...and do other tests after a person has eaten. I know this is what happens at breach candy!