Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Its very easy. My mom is the biggest critic but she was shocked at the courteous and friendly attitude of the person behing the counter. Your friend will have no problem. He may have to go in the morning before 8:30 am or so and stand in line. Let me know how it works out.
thanks

I concur with ddagsyn that it is very easy to pick up a duplicate and is generally hassle free. AS far as timings are concerned...one can pick it up between 8:30 am - 11 am M-F except holidays.

su_gupta:
Make sure your friend does not go on a october holiday. hope you know there are 4 october holidays!

signature missing in p4

got the p4 at home in USA

there is no signature on the appointment letter
nor is there any seal
it is a simple printout sheet of paper with the appt letter

anyone else have the same problem?

will this be a problem during the medical appt?

Received P4 here in US.

Releived that now I would not have to trouble the acquaintance to go and pick it up in Mumbai.

rohufish, I too have the same appointment letter as you describe, but donot know whether that is the norm.

WEll I have still not received my p4 nor am i worried about it since wife will be collecting from teh consulate next week anyways.

As far as the appointment letter, since I have never seen one I asked a friend of mine who underwent CP in mumbai 2 weeks back and who has returned to usa. HE also said it is a simple computer printout...nothing really fancy! SO I think you all should be fine with that respect! Feeling happy for su_gupta that his folks would ot have to run around to get the letter now...

Also this friend qhen i asked about the entire process said the following:
* MEdicals at breach candy was not well organized! Although no major complaints! Medicals went well!
* Picked up photos from My own photo studio in about 2-3 hours after clicking them!
* CP interview was conducted by vice consular for some reason and since my friend is s doctor by profession was asked very technical questions around medicine for a total of 10-15 minutes. His wife was asked about her birth date and birth place since she did not have a municipal BC.
* He also said that there was a girl who was a traditional dancer or something who had come for a immigrant visa and who was asked to do a few steps from a dance in front of a window!
* He picked up his and his wife's passports in the evening around 4pm.

SO what i am trying to get at is be ready for a couple of techy questions for computer professionals.

All the best guys!

the packet 4 also had a a sheet that said that one needs
Police Clearance Certificate from
1. Regional Passport office
2. Local Police station.

This has been debated before and i have sent an email to the mumbai consulate and all they said that was required is a PCC from the indian consulate in the USA

What are y'all guys doing about the above requirement are y'all going to ONLY take PCC from the Indian consulate in the US.

Also, I am taking a printout of the check sent to NVC to prove that fees were paid. What if that does not suffice. Are y'all carrying bank drafts. If so in what amount?

thanks

Originally posted by ddagsyn
the packet 4 also had a a sheet that said that one needs
Police Clearance Certificate from
1. Regional Passport office
2. Local Police station.

This has been debated before and i have sent an email to the mumbai consulate and all they said that was required is a PCC from the indian consulate in the USA

What are y'all guys doing about the above requirement are y'all going to ONLY take PCC from the Indian consulate in the US.

{If you are currently living in US you only need to carry one
PCC from the Indian Consulate in US- which covers all your
STAY IN INDIA. }

Also, I am taking a printout of the check sent to NVC to prove that fees were paid. What if that does not suffice. Are y'all carrying bank drafts. If so in what amount?

{That would be overkill! Just carry the check copy, even that
may not be asked in most cases}

thanks

{my responses}

Raju

I checked with a friend who got his CP 2 weeks back and he said he was asked only for 1 Indian PCC issued by the consulate here since he travelled from usa.

Also I concur with raju that now a days the folks at the consulate do not ask for proof of payment...if asked show them a copy of your $335 payment. Only if one is doing AC I-140 does one need to make that $335 payment per person @ the consulate not otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting to know that the consular officer was asking technical questions about medicine!!!

My daughter's birth certificate in Hindi issued by the poor municipal corporation was on the most useless paper ( the one which is inferior to even the newspaper paper), which I had sent to my attorney with all other originals, came back torn into two halves in the middle. Which means the upper half is all printed with the name of the Municipal corporation and registration number, and the lower half has all her details . I do have an English version issued by the Municipal Corporation which is on a better paper, as I got it issued two years back. Though on the English version it says- English Translation, and all the details are the same as in Hindi, including the case number, book number and registration no, and also signed by the Registrar of births-deaths. Do you think the damage to the original Hindi version would cause problems? Kdivekar or anyone else to shed some light on this situation.

Thanks guys.

Normally interviews are done by consular officers but this one for my friend was done by a vice consular officer who happens to be a supervisor/ leader of CO's and who happened to be well versed with medicine...anyway!

I personally do not see a problem. Just take a scotch tape and apply on the back of the BC as opposed to the front. I have a number of such certificate including marriage cert and academics which are in similar condition and i have used scotch tape on the back of such documents.

ac140

Hi,

I have applied my case through AC140. My company has changed the attorney since when my case was applied. Now does it matter to the consulate if some of the papers now received are from a different attorney?

Thanks
Rajnish

Thanks kdivekar as always.

ddagsyn, I am taking a couple of pay stubs along with last 3 years W2s- just to be on the safe side.

gbittu:
I think this question has been asked in a couple other threads and I think I have answered the question in 2 other thread. Dont get me wrong but by doing this you are getting unwanted attention!

su_gupta:
you are most welcome!

ddagsyn:
Normally pay stubs is not a requirement but one of those things good to have. Since it is not a requirement there is no established number of pay stubs to carry. I plan to carry last 6 pay stubs which will account for last 3 months of paid employment.

As far as W-2 as it is required, I plan to carry last 3 years W-2 along with photocopies of last 3 years tax returns (federal & state) plus IRS Tax transcript for same duration.

Hi kdivekar,

I do not want to post unrelated message here, but could you please answer my questions in the subject thread - AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 CLARIFICATIONS.

Thanks.

su_gupta

I have answered your I-134 related questions to the best of knowledge in that thread.

All:

Just got home and received P4 in the mail. It was open but do no think anything is missing! Surprisingly my dad's name is misspelt. Surprisingly bcoz amongst my first name, middle name and last name...my middlename which is my dad's name is the easiest to spell. WEll not a problem anyway...it is a typical typo!

I was surprised to find blank ds 230 part I also. Di you guys receive blank ds 230 part I also? My understanding was P4 has blank ds 230 part ii, appointment letter and couple of documents which lists required documents for the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they do send both parts of DS-230 (blank)with P4.

I was reading in one of the messages a few months ago about the same. The person had filled the part 1 again and took it with him to the consulate, where they returned him the part 1 saying that they already have the part 1 on file.

kdivekar, I am not sure what we are supposed to do with the blank part 1 they have sent us again. I have an interview with the attorney next week and I will ask him that time about this.

I anyway have a computerized printout of my ds 230 part 1 that was amiled with p3 for review which i plan to carry for the interview.

job letter

are the words 'full-time permanent' absolutely necessary in the job letter? my company gave me a letter which do not have these mentioned.

also, the job description they mention in the letter uses different examples and description for the same role - the language is different from the labor cert and 140 job desc. will this be a problem, or should i ask them to re-do the letter?

finally, the HR guy - who is a true certified 'low-level scumbag bureaucrat' type, did not sign in front of a notary - he just gave a simple signed letter. i presume i have to push him to go to a notary and sign in front of them.

all HR managers who manipulate their employees should be deported and permanently barred for 10 years!