Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Just got an email from home that my mom picked up my appt letter from the consulate. My sister is applying for a k3 visa and when she called the consulate she was told that the forms were mailed on Aug 14th but still did not have them. So i think it is best that one collects appt letter from consulate. Also the letter said if i have not paid the visa issuace fee to the NVC ie ($335-$260). I will have to pay it at mumbai. I have paid it how do i prove it or how would they know

thanks

* Carry your fee bill receipt.

* If you dont have one ask your attorneys for one. Tell you attorneys that it is a requirement for the CP interview and if they dont have the feel bill payment receipt then they can call the bank which issued it and have the bank send a letter verifying the payment of $335 from you and to st. louis dept.

Re: PCC

Dear CP Guru's,
This is our situation:
We are Indian citizens, we were residing in India prior to entering USA in 1996, we were in NJ for all those years. We are presently in India-Mumbai since 2001 november, my questions are:
1. From where do we obtain our PCC's, Mumbai or USA?
2. Which authorities in Mumbai and USA do we contact and how?

Thanx

GC_mangta:

1. From where do we obtain our PCC's, Mumbai or USA?
Answer: Get PCC from Local police station in India. Getting PCC from Indian consulates in usa is more for convenience for the Indian folks who are residing in usa who cannot easily get PCC from a local police station in India.

2. Which authorities in Mumbai and USA do we contact and how?
Answer: Local Indian Police Station for Indian PCC. Police record for stay in usa is tracked online and hence does not require a PCC. But for your stay in USA I would recommend sending an email to the usa consulate in india and asking if you need a PCC for your stay in usa. I am pretty sure the answer is No but do send that email just to double check my statement.

Last but not the least let us know!

Hi ddagsyn,
Could you let me know what did your mom have to show at the information window at the consulate to pick up your P4? Did she have to show an authority letter from you or any other documents to collect the P4.

I may have to ask son of a friend who is studying in Mumbai for the same if I dont receive my P4 by 24-25th September.

GC_Mangta,
You may require to have 2 PCCs- one from the regional passport office and the second from the local police station. If you read through the Consulate website and the FAM booklet- it says that Indians will require to provide 2 PCCs , this rule came into effect since Jan 2002. People going from US do get it from the local Indian consulate and send an email to the US consulate asking whether they need to obtain another from India. They usually reply - NO. But I have been reading the messeges on these boards for last one and half years, and there have been a few instances where the consular officer did ask for the second PCC. My attorney is still insisting that I should get a second PCC from the city I lived before coming to India.

Got mine too on KLM arriving in mumbai on monday 20th for a oct 28th interview. Planning on getting photos done at "My own studios" on tuesdays for medicals and immigration.
Do they give u the pictures back the same day
thanks

My understanding is that you click pictures in the morning at "my own photo studio" and pick it up after 1pm same day.

My wife is leaving next weekend and will be getting the photos plus medicals the first week of october. I will post medicals and photo details once she is done with it.

Hi ddagsyn,
Could you reply to my querry about your mom getting the P4 from the consulate- please see the message a few messages before this one- which I posted yesterday.
Thanks in advance

She should nothing. She actually went for my sisters case and just asked about my case and the person by himself printed everything out without her asking him and stamped "Duplicate" and gave it to her

Like everyone I too bought tickets yesterday leaving mid october and returning end of november (thanksgiving weekend).

Not sure if you guys have noticed this before:
1. Go to http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhappt.html
2. On IE browser, Click File menu with MS Word for Windows
3. Copy Table (only three columns) into Excel
4. Sort by Category column (Column 2)
5. Delete all rows except E category
6. Then Sort first by Interview Date (column 3) & then by BMB number
7. BMB numbers will repeat for some...
8. My impression is that number of times BMB number repeats are the number of candidates going for CP on that specific BMB number.

This is true in my case not sure if this is true with everyone! Please verify!

Note: This appears to be the case for Bombay consulate interview listing (and may be for Delhi) not for any other consulates!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who do not have it yet here is the contact information for MY OWN PHOTO STUDIO:
Open M-F 9am - 7pm
phone: 91-22-23646247 & 91-22-23869629

Click photo (immigration and passport style) before noon and pick up after 1pm.

My paralegal says i don't need I 134 since i don't have any kids and mine is an employment based. Is this true

You will need I-134 for each and every dependent who will be going through the cp process along with you. Since you do not have kids and I am guessing you are married, you will need to execute I-134 for your wife and get it notarized in usa.

Process is simple:
1. Download the form from here:
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm

2. Fill it out - dont sign

3. Go to a notary public (generally all usa banks have at least 1 notary per bank), you execute the I-134 by signing it in their presence and then the notary public will sign it. If you go to your bank then there is no charge. Others banks may charge upto $1 per signature. Only 1 signature is required.

Obviously if you are the only one going for cp then you dont need a I-134 form since your employment is your basis for support.

Idea: I am sure you have started your india shopping, tomorrow when you go shopping to the mall, carry this completed I-134, go to your bank on the way and get it notarized. Remember notary MAY (generally not) need to see financial information you specify in your I-134 hence it may be more comfortable going to your own bank since they will have all yoru financial information. This is what i did and felt nice that i did some shopping plus got i-134 notarized.

Last edited by a moderator:
ddagsyn:

Remember one thing he can fill out the form but it needs to be signed by you in the presence of a notary public in usa. So there is no way the form can be executed without your signature in the presence of notary public.

Hi friends,
On reading the instructions for filling Form I-134, it says that for each account the evidence to be given are- when was the account opened? and how much has been transfered in the last year along with the present balance.

I was under the impression that last 3 months bank and brokerage statements would be enough evidence- but it seems I will have to ask my financial institutions to give me letters saying when the accounts were opened? Is what I am saying correct? kdivekar, can you please shed some light on the above issues?

Lastly, when is the ideal time to get it notarized. Our interview is for Oct 22nd and we are leaving on Oct 11th. I really dont want to leave it till last week- can I get the forms notarized last week of September?

Thanks