Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Is any one getting tax transcipts notarised. Also are any fees required at the time of CP interview at the consulate
thanks

* Tax transcripts need not be notarized

* If you have paid $335 per candidate who will be attending CP interview then you dont need to make any payment unless you plan to get the your stamped passport couriered to your home town. Then in scenarios you may have to spend on courier services. Else plan on carrying your $335 payment receipt as a proof of payment.

My paralegal just send me an email to my query on fee receipts. He said he has paid the fee for both me and my wife ($335.0) but does not have a receipt. He says the fact that they issue packet 3 means you paid. So what are the fees at the consulate then.
BTW got my tickets book on KLM for the 19th for $1120
thanks

ddagsyn:

Since you are going to mumbai you will not need to make any payment since you have paid $335. Again $335 payment receipt is not required but recommended. If you dont have it (dont worry about it) what your attorney said is true that tell the Consular officer that without $335 payment you would not get the interview.

Hi kdivekar,
First of all let me thank you for all the help you have provided on the boards.

When I rang the Mumbai Consulate, they told me that our appointment letter has been mailed to our US address on the 4th of September. We are leaving US on 11th October and will be in Mumbai on 13th, and I had thought that if we dont receive the appointment letter by that time, we will ourselves go to the Consulate and pick up the letter on 13th. I have already scheduled our Medicals on 14th. But reading your post I realized that 13th is a holiday at the Consulate in Mumbai, so that is not going to work out. Do you have any rough guess as to how long it takes for the appt letters to reach US? And if I email them to send a duplicate to our parents home in India, when should I email them- means how many days should I wait for the originals. Sorry to bother you with all these querries- but would appreciate your suggestions as to how to deal with this situation.

Su_Gupta

yes true that consualte will be closed on 4 days in october, one of which is 13th oct.

It takes about 1 month for P4 to reach your hands from your attorneys hands.

You can send an email just now without waiting and request the consulate to mail it to an indian address! It will reach an indian address within 3 days of mailing. In email subject specify your bmb number and interview date so that they read instantly. Or also you can call them and tell them over the phone if you wish.

imho

ihmo

don't have the duplicate copy mailed in india. if it gets lost in indian postal system, consulate will not issue a 3rd copy.

better to just plan on getting there in advance and picking it up yourself, or have a relative go there with a signed letter from you send by fax.

after advancing so far in the process, its wise to play it safe.

Hi everyone,
I went through the previous threads for last 1 year and found out that most people received their Appointment letters in US in 15-17 days time from the date of mailing in India.

Kdivekar, I gather that you are including 1 week in your estimates with the presumption that letter would go to attorney and then to us. On phone, I did ask the lady where have they mailed our appointment letter, and without my giving her any clues, she specifically told me the the name of the place where we live in US. Our attorney lives out of state- which means the packet is coming to us directly.

Another thing- on last 1 yr's messages, people have been questioning where in US the packet would arrive and by the end of each thread everyone said they received them at their home directly.

By these accounts, I hope to receive the letter by 19th-23rd Septmeber as it was mailed on 4th Sept from the consulate. If not then I would start working on the other options.

To note- there was 1 poster in the previous threads (for Mumbai) who did not receive it till the end!!

Thanks again all of you and best of luck to everyone.

Help in Mumbai

To,

su_gupta: 10/22
kdivekar: 10/27
rohufish: 10/27
ddagsyn: 10/28
sushine: 10/28
zzzz_1976: 10/28

When you guys arrive in Mumbai and need any local help, please contact me at:
Mobile: 9820161177, or 23670070

I live at Malbarhill, which is about 5 to 10 mins away from the consulate.

Good luck to you all.

GC_Mangta

su_gupta:

You are right there were only a couple of instances where folks requesting P4 in india did not receive it. 99% folks who have requested P4 at an indian address have received generally within 3 days of mailing or upto max of 1 week.

Yes you were right when you said i was assuming 1 week for attorney to mail to you. Mostly the address for P4 is applicants address but in many cases due to company policies the P4 are requested to the attorneys address. So you are right when you say that you should receive your P4 in late third / early fourth week of sept.

Hi GC_Mangta,
Thanks for your very kind offer and gesture. I have noted down your numbers- in case I need some minor help. To be honest, I have absolutely no contacts in Mumbai, so your offer has been a great help. As I am not from Mumbai, could you suggest any decent hotel near Hinduja Hospital. I did start a thread about this a few days ago, but apart from our friend kdivekar, no one showed up there.

Thanks in advance

When does Mumbai post the visa dates. I am running out of time and wish to book my tickets. All i have is an email confirming my interview next month.
thanks

No New listing for October on the consulate website. I was expecting to see it today. It is already night time of 15th in India. Lets hope tomorrow (16th Sept) they put it up.

gupta saheb:

Having lived around hinduja for 3/4 ths of my life, I cannot recollect any good hotels in the vicinity. And since we sold our apt from that vicinity and moved further outside the city my new house may not be an option. I myself will be staying at a friends the night before my medical which i will get changed from breach candy to hinduja.

So what i have done on your behalf is, sent an email to hinduja help desk support from http://www.hindujahospital.com/contactus.html
telling them that i will be coming to hinduja for check up and would like to know about hotels in vicinity. IF and when i hear from them i will let you know!

When I talked to the folks @ the consulate last week I was told they would publish the october interview dates between 15th-17th september their office hours. Chennai dates were published in the early hours of our morning today.

Still no October dates posted on the website. What do y'all think guys should i take a chance and book my tickets to mumbai? All i have is an email from the consulate stating my interview is oct 28,03. Has anyone recieved P4 in the US yet?

I am in the same boat. I came to know my date as 22nd October on phone. No dates on the website as yet. I am also in the dilemma as to get the tickets or wait. No P4 as yet.

Same here...I too came to know over the phone about my interview dates. I have blocked my seats for 3 working days after which i will need to decide. I am sure before then the interview dates will be published!