Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Congrats to everyone for getting the GC!!!

Divekar, special congrats to you for your contributions to this forum and your success.

Im preparing for mine. Nervous and excited. Lets hope all goes well.

Krish must be lucky.
that Gora consular officer is a real SOB and (mis)treats you royally with a condescending tone. this happended to me in june(fluke I thought) and then to my wife yesterday. so watch out.

Thank you all for your wishes!

Just one piece of advice that I can think off from the top off my head is that:
1. Make sure all CP required documents are in proper order,
2. Please do not try to act smart with consular officers, talk nicely and they will respond nicely!
3. Last but not the least only answer questions asked without being too detailed.
4. Use some common sense
These are some of the ways to avoid an awkward situation @ the consulate.

kkulkar..let me know when you land in bbay/ poona and we can try to meet...i have also emailed t o you my bbay cell number just in case you need to reach me!

Docs Reqd

KD1403

I got a case # for my AC140 case from Mumbai consulate few days ago and I am expecting an interview date in Jan '04. I have browsed this forum and I have the comprehensive list of documents with me - I will assemble all the documents I have regarding my status here.

My question is: Did the consulate personnel ask you about any H1B approval notices, I-120s etc.?

Again I will be carrying all those docs. I have 1 F1 and 2 H1B visa stamps in my passport and my wife has 1 H4 stamp. Our latest stamps are current and valid till Dec 04. I have worked for the same employer for last 5 years and the 2 H1 stamps are for that employer.

Again, congratulations on getting your GC.

KAT02.

congratulations kdivekar

Hi Divekar,
Congratulations on finishing this never-ending project!
Thanks for all your contributions on this forum.
Enjoy your vacation there,
Kalpesh

How much time CP takes after labor ??

Hi Guys,

I am happy to know that CP is still working and great tradition of CP is still going on. By the way, I got GC thru CP 1.5 yrs back.

So many friends are asking me, is CP is good or not, in this market/situation.

Please write down your review. Based on your reviews, I will visit cptracker.com and get more info.

How much time it takes after clearing labor(state+fed) ?
I mean, how much I-140 takes ? and what else steps added and how much their time ??

Thanks again, and Best Luck to those who are expecting GC.

entered from JFK PoE

smooth entry at JFK yesterday.

do not stand in visitors line - stand in US citizen/GC line - much shorter, faster. some security officers do not know and will send immigrant visa holders to visitors line. don't ask, don't tell - just stand in US cit/GC line and if anyone asks before you reach officer, just say you have GC.

after initial entry stamp (says status E21 for me and E22 for wife), sent to room around corner. only 2 others there - BCIS officer took right index fingerprint on form, made us sign, and gave passports back after stamping the temporary GC stamp (valid for 1 year). said card takes 6 mos to 1 year!

anyone entered from NYC recently who got card - how long does it take?

truly guys - BCIS sucks big time - minimize every touchpoint with BCIS, and go for CP anyday...

I-140 Finally Approved Whew!!!, Now What?

Got to know that my wife's I-140 was approved on oct 30th.
Quick questions to all Guru's:
1) Re: PCC - We are living in Mumbai since past 2 years now, I already received the website for reg. passport office for obtaining the PCC, where do I go for the local police PCC, we live at Malbarhill, should we go to the Malbarhill police station and inquire??
2) Re: Birth cert's, we do not have the BC's, which address do we need to go now? ? Some municipal office? where??
Please help us.

POE on Nov 2nd 2003 at houston. No question asked just finger prints taken and told to expect card in 6 months?

6 months does it really take that long

wait and watch

based on my search of this forum it seems that cards have been arriving within 2 months. perhaps the 6mos-1yr remark is more an expectation setting effort.

lets see what happens. the stamp is good enough anyway.

Kato2:

congrats on getting a case number for your ac i-140 case.

My question is: Did the consulate personnel ask you about any H1B approval notices, I-120s etc.?
Answer: No questions were not asked about h-1b approval notices/ student visas or h-1b extensions. But i would still recommend carrying 1 photocopy set of all required and recommended documents along with originals of the photocopies.

kato2 & desi145:

thank you both for your well wishes!

rohufish:

nice to hear that you and your wife reached back home safe. thanks for the tips about POE! To the best of knowledge, receiving physical GC takes anywhere from 6-26 weeks ...many get in 6-10 weeks. But like you mentioned dont worry about it since you both have a stamp in the passport which is valid for 1 yr.

Have fun!

gcmangta:

1) Re: PCC - We are living in Mumbai since past 2 years now, I already received the website for reg. passport office for obtaining the PCC, where do I go for the local police PCC, we live at Malbarhill, should we go to the Malbarhill police station and inquire??
Answer: Local Police station with a letter requesting PCC and with photocopy of the passport(s).

2) Re: Birth cert's, we do not have the BC's, which address do we need to go now? ? Some municipal office? where??
Please help us.
Answer: Get BC or non-avaliability from the municipal corporation where each candidate who does not have a BC was born. In case you get non-availability then you will need 2 affidavits of birth!
If you were born in bbay then got to BMC opposite VT station!

hi
i will be doing my medical from hinduja hospital . dose anyone know if they take credit card or they take only cash ? i don't live in Bombay so to carry a huge amount for cash( even not sure if the hotels take credit card or not) will not be safe .
i will be leaving for Bombay in 9 days from today .

thanking you .

Hi kdivekar and other friends,
Nice to hear that everyone from this board had successful CP.
We are still waiting for the welcome letters and the physical cards.
A simple question- is the A number(Alien Registration Number) same as the A------- that is stamped on the passport with I-551? My wife, daughter and myself have the same A numbers on the passports, although the category is E 21 for me, E 22 for my wife and E 23 for my daughter.
best wishes.

Sorry for the confusion.
I am editing this message to clear up that the A numbers on the passports are not the same. All our A numbers are different. Did not look at them carefully!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
soumi:

hinduja does accept credit cards since i have done multiple medical check ups while i stayed in bbay first 25 years of my life. But i would advise you to still carry about rs 2000 cash just-in-case if there is problems with charging credit cards!

Most bbay hotels 3* + accept credit cards!

Originally posted by Su_Gupta
Hi kdivekar and other friends,
Nice to hear that everyone from this board had successful CP.
We are still waiting for the welcome letters and the physical cards.
A simple question- is the A number(Alien Registration Number) same as the A------- that is stamped on the passport with I-551? My wife, daughter and myself have the same A numbers on the passports, although the category is E 21 for me, E 22 for my wife and E 23 for my daughter.
best wishes.

The A number (Alien Number) cannot be the same for your wife, you and your daughter. The Immigratioin Officer may have put
the same number in all three passports by oversight.

If you have kept the copies of the Immigrant Visa then check
that. It would have the alien numbers on it.

If infact you find all 3 visas containing the same number, do let
the forum know, because this is new.

Raju

Edited after verification:

Yes. The alien numbers should not be the same for all three of
you. I checked mine and all three of us have 3 different but
consecutive numbers

A # xxx-xxx-x78 , x79 and x80.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator: