Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

any tips for naming check?

I just saw your previous post and followed your instructions to call uscis. The person I called said he does not have access to that kind of information.... Do you have any tips how to ask/answer their questions?

I called uscis 1 800 375 5283 1-2-6-2-2-1 and asked for name check information. People from uscis always said they can not access that kind of information.

How did you check your NC is clear on Jan 30, 2008?

Thanks

vini

I just saw your previous post and followed your instructions to call uscis. The person I called said he does not have access to that kind of information.... Do you have any tips how to ask/answer their questions?

I have always received that info as long as I wasn't put through to customer service. Make sure you are put through to the service center handling the case. For example, I heard "You have reached the USCIS Texas Service Center"...under those circumstances, I would hold because I knew I might get some info. If I was put through customer service, I hung up because they have no more info than you will find online.

I think it helps to have something other than questions about Name Check. I dont think they like us calling for that. But if you have another legitimate reason to ask, then they are more ameniable.

It probably also helps that I'm going at being friendly on the phone and that english is my first language.

Generally, for all but the most obvious information, you need to make an infopass appointment at your local office and go in person.

Thank you very much for your very detailed information! I will try the way you suggested....

vini

I have always received that info as long as I wasn't put through to customer service. Make sure you are put through to the service center handling the case. For example, I heard "You have reached the USCIS Texas Service Center"...under those circumstances, I would hold because I knew I might get some info. If I was put through customer service, I hung up because they have no more info than you will find online.

I think it helps to have something other than questions about Name Check. I dont think they like us calling for that. But if you have another legitimate reason to ask, then they are more ameniable.

It probably also helps that I'm going at being friendly on the phone and that english is my first language.

I-485 - Pd 01/29/2004- Eb3- Row - Rd 06/08/2007 - Nd 06/16/2007 - Lud 07/28/2007 - After Finger Print - Lud 09/10/2007 And That's It.
I-140 - Appoved - 07/2007
I-765 -approved 09/21/2007
I-131 -approved 10/02/2007

What Are My Chances Of Getting A Green Card Within April30? Since Priority Date Is Current As Of March 08 For Me.

Dude the chances are VERY GOOD if they respect the Name check new policy. I think you have to wait till March 30 not April 30 to get approval.
I asked my attorney and she said VERY GOOD but bla-bla-bla so will see, otherwise contact Congresman, call them etc.

Thanks

Dude the chances are VERY GOOD if they respect the Name check new policy. I think you have to wait till March 30 not April 30 to get approval.
I asked my attorney and she said VERY GOOD but bla-bla-bla so will see, otherwise contact Congresman, call them etc.

I have talked to my attorney and she says that should be getting it by 30th of march also my case is in NSC and they are processing 07/30/2007. Hope we all do but you never know.
Good luck to all

I-485 - Pd 01/29/2004- Eb3- Row - Rd 06/08/2007 - Nd 06/16/2007 - Lud 07/28/2007 - After Finger Print - Lud 09/10/2007 And That's It.
I-140 - Appoved - 07/2007
I-765 -approved 09/21/2007
I-131 -approved 10/02/2007

guys with in 3 months we will see lots of approvals for ROW EB3. ROW EB1 and EB2 always have more than 25% go unused and they are bringing all to EB3 now so they don't retro for quite sometime. Keep your finger crossed

That's the answer from my attorney on my question did I going to be approved in March.
My details are: EB3 ROW, RD- I485 - June 11 2007, FP 7/14/2007:

The memo on fingerprinting refers to cases already processed that are held up for name checks (meaning someone else has same name and they have to do a secondary search to clear the name). The memo means that after six months the case will be approved if it has been held up for secondary checks. That is not the case for you. The case was held up because visas were backed up.
The fingerprints you did are good for one year. If there is a need for new prints they will send you a notice. Processing time right now for Texas Service Center is April 10, 2007. Your date is June 11, 2007. You cannot make an inquiry until 30 days after processing time has passed. Since the visa backlog only moved up this month it takes them time to get through all the cases, which they do in order of filing. Yours is in line. Rule is, first in, first out. They go in order of receipt date. Just be patient a bit longer. Everything looks good (no guarantee) but it is too early to make an inquiry.

I don't know what to think now, simce like we don't going to get approved in the upcoming 1-2 months?
I thought 180 days and current PD you are elegible to get the GC , but reading the answer of my attorney look like we I'm not?!((((

FRODO FAILED, USCIS HAS THE RING!

Yeah, doin't forget that with all the ones that reach 180 days, there are ALSO the regular cases that don't get held up at all and proceed as normal.

Your hope is that processing continues such that enough backlog cases get approved, and that not too many new case get approved, so that your cut-off date for EB3, does not retrogress. Even if you could get ine today, you are retrogressed. In march you aren't. In april, who knows.

That's the answer from my attorney on my question did I going to be approved in March.
My details are: EB3 ROW, RD- I485 - June 11 2007, FP 7/14/2007:

The memo on fingerprinting refers to cases already processed that are held up for name checks (meaning someone else has same name and they have to do a secondary search to clear the name). The memo means that after six months the case will be approved if it has been held up for secondary checks. That is not the case for you. The case was held up because visas were backed up.
The fingerprints you did are good for one year. If there is a need for new prints they will send you a notice. Processing time right now for Texas Service Center is April 10, 2007. Your date is June 11, 2007. You cannot make an inquiry until 30 days after processing time has passed. Since the visa backlog only moved up this month it takes them time to get through all the cases, which they do in order of filing. Yours is in line. Rule is, first in, first out. They go in order of receipt date. Just be patient a bit longer. Everything looks good (no guarantee) but it is too early to make an inquiry.

I don't know what to think now, simce like we don't going to get approved in the upcoming 1-2 months?
I thought 180 days and current PD you are elegible to get the GC , but reading the answer of my attorney look like we I'm not?!((((

FRODO FAILED, USCIS HAS THE RING!

It looks like your lawyer told you in this letter everything what s/he knows about I-485 process and finaly said: "Everything looks good (no guarantee) but ...". Finally s/he wanted to say USCIS has its own life and nobody knows what they are up to.

The straight forward answer would be:
If your PD is current in March/April 2008 and your case was filed before September/October 2008 you have very good chance that USCIS makes decision on your case within next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
AC21 Question

Can any one please clarify below AC21 question -

Five years ago I was working on some other technologies(Ex:-Manframe Applications) and applied labour based on mainframe experience with a Analyst Job tittle. After few years I have changed my techologies(Currently working on Business Objects).The client that I am working for is offering a permenant position.I can ask for the same JOB TITTLE, but the questions since I have changed my technologies is it advisable to change the job at this point? Is AC21 really requires to specify the technologies to INS which I am are currently working on.

I really want to take this position, can any one suggest how to handle this situation.

Double check with a lawyer but AC21 does NOT require that you use the same exact technologies. It must be a same or similar position but that is usually related to classification rather than specific technologies.

The degree of detail required on AC21 likely won't require that you list the actual software you would work with but you should, as I said, check with a lawyer.

Can any one please clarify below AC21 question -

Five years ago I was working on some other technologies(Ex:-Manframe Applications) and applied labour based on mainframe experience with a Analyst Job tittle. After few years I have changed my techologies(Currently working on Business Objects).The client that I am working for is offering a permenant position.I can ask for the same JOB TITTLE, but the questions since I have changed my technologies is it advisable to change the job at this point? Is AC21 really requires to specify the technologies to INS which I am are currently working on.

I really want to take this position, can any one suggest how to handle this situation.

Right on!! Happy March!!

My 485 was approved on 3/1/2008. My PD is current as of 3/1/2008, and 180 days has been passed since FP.

Good stuff. Hopefully the first of many EB3s.

It's March folks and many of us are again current and eligible for our Greencards. Here's hoping all works out for us!

And your RD is late June which really shows that you don't have to be earlier than their RD in order to get attention.

It also shows that, given my EARLIER RD, that there really is no rhyme and reason to things!

Anyway, GOOD STUFF!

Hope many of us are soon to follow!

I think two approvals for Monday is more than enough sign that USCIS will pour Green Cards until March 10th )))))))))))......
Goog luck to all of you guys I have my Umbrella ))))

PD - 01/2004 - ROW
I-140 Approved
H1-B extended till 2011
AP - Approved

I just went to Infopass here in Chicago and the officer told me my case is at NSC(Which by the way I knew that). he asked me if I already have an interview and I told him my case just became current and I just wanted to find out the status of my case.

His answer is that my case is Under Review @ NSC. It is with anofficer and once he finish his work he will transfer the case to Chicago for an interview. As soon as Igot out I Called my Attorney to find out what is that all about, Her answer was it is too early to call but all cases goes under review doesnot necessarily mean it will be send to local office for an interview. Once it is looked at and that IO feels good he will make decesion to approv. So wait until this month. She says there is nothing to worry, She believes that I will be approved.
Can anyone tell me if they know anything about this situation?
Thank you

he didnot say it will come to Chicago definately

Approved

:):)

Finally, after 4 years waiting, today our AOS (applicant, spouse and children) have been approved.

Got the email at noon:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

Thanks to everybody in this forum, its been source of reliable information and hope.