Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Don't you all think that we should be worried about the rumour that USCIS may reverse it's decision to reject the cases filed in July....because if they do....all the pending cases will rot in another black hole for a long long time..

Most estimates put the case load coming in July (if accepted) at 750,000 cases. Think about all the resources that's needed to receipt all the applications in addition to processing AP and EAD......

Not to be selfish...but I think it's totally fair to have a cut off date in line with the visa numbers and not accept cases 2005-2007 PDs. The resources should be spent on clearing out the backlog...people have been waiting here for a long long time. And it just kills me to see AILF fighting in support of brand new PERM cases.

Guess what that's because they got fees from us already.....and don't care anymore..........BUT DON'T YOU????

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD??? THOUGHTS??

same as yours

Same as yours:
Received at Nebraska on June 15th
Application enterd into Texas service center systems on July 13th
No receipts mailed yet.
USCIS customer person was nice and gave me all three receipts for 485,AP and EAD.

When do we expect receipts and FP notice? How long it might take for I-131 approval? Any idea?

Rahi

Application sent on June 14th
Received at Nebraska on June 15th
Application enterd into systems on July 13th
No receipts mailed yet.
USCIS customer person was nice and gave me all three receipts for 485,AP and EAD.

July Visa Bulletin Saga

Don't you all think that we should be worried about the rumour that USCIS may reverse it's decision to reject the cases filed in July....because if they do....all the pending cases will rot in another black hole for a long long time..

Most estimates put the case load coming in July (if accepted) at 750,000 cases. Think about all the resources that's needed to receipt all the applications in addition to processing AP and EAD......

Not to be selfish...but I think it's totally fair to have a cut off date in line with the visa numbers and not accept cases 2005-2007 PDs. The resources should be spent on clearing out the backlog...people have been waiting here for a long long time. And it just kills me to see AILF fighting in support of brand new PERM cases.

Guess what that's because they got fees from us already.....and don't care anymore..........BUT DON'T YOU????

I have been following Greg Siskind's blog very closely over the past few days.. From speaking with my lawyers and reading stuff on forums, I got the impression that cases will still be processed according to PDs. All of our PDs were obviously current in June and, if I am not mistaken, we are ahead of the July filers whose PDs became current only in July or am I wrong? I do think there will be delays b/c of the huge volume of applications once they open the floodgates again but I also think we are at least an inch ahead of the flood that would ensue upon opening those gates. Of course I may be wrong.. We will all find out soon. Hopefully USCIS's decision regarding the July VB will benefit everybody, including us!

Finally got the receipt numbers by calling USCIS. As per IO receipts sent on July 7th. LUD 7/12/07 on the USCIS website.

I-485/AP/EAD sent on June7th received at Nebraska June 8th

1) Is FP a requirement for AP & EAD?

2) For people who filed in June, have you received AP/EAD?
=======================
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07 (Premium processing)
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # by calling uscis on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

FP --???
=======================

I am happy for all...USCIS update - all current

This is indeed fantastic news as everyone who have been waiting for years can now apply and move forward in their lives!:D

Amid this amazing news, I do have some concerns about processing times for receipts, EAD and AP. Do you guys think that processing times for EAD and AP would be drastically affected by this flood of applications that are expected to reach CIS by August 17, 2007?:confused:

I read on this forum that CIS is currently processing June 1st week applications (AP and EAD, not 485 as we all know). Did any one get approvals for AP or EAD for first week of June?

1) Is FP a requirement for AP & EAD?

2) For people who filed in June, have you received AP/EAD?
=======================
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07 (Premium processing)
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # by calling uscis on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

FP --???
=======================

I am in the same boat..
1) I think so.....

2)
I filed I-845, 131 and 765 on Jun 14
RD Jun 15
ND Jul 12
I've got my NOAs (all of them-We are 5 people). Today from my Lawyer (She got them Jul 16). I did not receive anything.

Iam waiting for FP....

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
June filers with RD in July

I'm just wondering how TSC will process our cases for RD in July whereas application receipt date is actually mid June for I-485 applications?

Are they going to process as if the receipt date is in June?

Please advise.

FP Done in CA today

We did our FP today in Oakland, CA. Went very smooth. Showed up at the time of appointment. Two families were ahead of us. The total process from start to finish took <15 mins.

See Signature for more details!

My I485 receipt date is 06/08 and ND is 06/23. I receIved all the receipts for my family except my I-485 receipt. What could be the reason? My I140 is still pending from 08/2006. Will it cause any delay to get receipts or FP notices?

I recieved FP for my son for Jul 23rd. I tried to check status using his LIN number from receipt online, but it say s LIN number doesn't exist in the system. Why ?
What should I take for the my son's FP appointment, is passport of my son and my driver's license enough?

Hi,

My receipt date is 06/14 and ND is 06/23. I did not received FP notice yet. Case with NSC(LIN-XXXX). I saw a LUD on 06/30. Can any one guess what for the LUD on 06/30. Is it for Name check??

Thanks

FP appointment received

FP Appointment letter received on July 17th and the appointment is on 7/28/2007.

My I-485 application delivered at service center on 15th June, 07
EB2
Following is what I see on the USCIS status page.

----
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 12, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done.
----

Does anybody know what the official "Receipt Date" for AC21 purpose going to be (Jul 12 or June 15)?

I485 filing - Previous employment H1b document

Hi,

I485 filing support documents.

One of the supporting documents is previously approved H1B.

I have question on previous employment and H1B document.

I worked for 4 different employers before working for current employer.
I am working for current employer (Company E) for past 4 years. I do not have any issues with H1B or any other documents with current employer. But in my prevous employment (Company D), employer filed H1B and got receipt notice and I started working. I worked for that company for about 3 months and then left the company and joined the current employer(Company E). My previous employer (Company D) applied for withdrawl and H1B case was withdrawn in January 2004. During this time period previous previous (Company C) company H1B is still valid.
All 3 old (A, B and C ) employments, I do not have any issues with H1B documents etc.

2003 June - Presnet Company E (Current employer)
2003 Feb - 2003 May Company D
2001-Jan 2003 Company C
2000-2001 Company B
1999-2000 Company A

In my labor application, I140 etc, my previous employment was mentioned.

My question, in I140 or I485 process if they look at receipt notice copy of my previous employment (Company B) (which was withdrawn), will it be a problem?

If I do not claim this employment, how do I account those 3 months time period as that time period is not mentioned in experience letter from previous previous employer (Comapny C), though the company C H1b is valid.

I appreciate your help.

You are making assumptions. For example, you are assuming that adjudicators are the same as data entry. Processing is done on Receipt date basis even though some finish before earlier applicants because of RFEs and other holdups.

I know your frustration but I think the mistake was DOS in initially making it all current. They simply HAD to reverse it. What about people that changed travel plans and spent 1000s of $$$.

I feel your point of view - I'm there with you. But I have to say, I am happy for those that had justice served to them. And I commend the USCIS for being big enough to reverse their decision.

That's what I meant...

I am truly happy for people who can apply...and I agree that it was unfair to people who had to change their travel plans....but is this fair to people with 2002 and 2003 PDs who are still stuck in BPC (I have couple of friends)....They are seeing this flood gate being opend unfairly before them (0.75 million applications)

This is very serious; I have been and many of you have been long time victims of BPC for your LCs.....and this is another blackhole in creation........my 2 cents

See below:

Taken from immigration-law.com

07/18/2007: Reinstatement of Original July Visa Bulletin and Uncertain Impact on Pre-July "Tagged" EB-485 Applications and Processing Time of I-485 Applications in the Future

The other EB-485 waiters will turn out to be a big victim to the DOS/USCIS decision yesterday. Since there will be no visa numbers available until October 1, 2007, the people whose EB-485 applications were "not tagged" before July 1 will experience a tremendous delay in obtaining the green card. When it comes to the delays in obtaining the green card approvals, the new filers in July and those filers before August 17 will also witness a tremendous delays and will have to endure a long and long journey to leave the pipeline of the green card process. Why? As we reported quite earlier in this visa fiasco, we even estimated that approximately 750,000 individual EB-485 applications can be poured into the system during this unusual period of visa number availability as affected by the upcoming filing fee increases and more importantantly the anticipated potential huge visa number retrogression ahead during when they may not be able to file their 485 applications because of the retrogression. After all, the system has only 140,000 numbers for the entire EB categories for each year. Go figure! What would look like the waiting time for the current EB-485 filers and the current EB-485 filers before July 1, 2007!

You are making assumptions. For example, you are assuming that adjudicators are the same as data entry. Processing is done on Receipt date basis even though some finish before earlier applicants because of RFEs and other holdups.

I know your frustration but I think the mistake was DOS in initially making it all current. They simply HAD to reverse it. What about people that changed travel plans and spent 1000s of $$$.

I feel your point of view - I'm there with you. But I have to say, I am happy for those that had justice served to them. And I commend the USCIS for being big enough to reverse their decision.

I agree with you on much of this fastergcwanted. I especially feel for those caught in BECs. Frankly, if I was them, at this stage, I would pretty much just give up. It could be years before they can even apply. And then for what? To wait more years? 10 years? 15 years? How long is the wait worth, especially with Canada, the UK and Australia opening their doors to many. Sadly, I don't think the US will mend its immigration system until it is forced to by business. Not isolated incidents like Microsoft, but major technologicial lagging as other countries pose a threat.

The real issue here is available visa numbers.

Are you from badly Retrogressed country or rest of world?

gettingmygc, I am from India.

I agree with you on much of this fastergcwanted. I especially feel for those caught in BECs. Frankly, if I was them, at this stage, I would pretty much just give up. It could be years before they can even apply. And then for what? To wait more years? 10 years? 15 years? How long is the wait worth, especially with Canada, the UK and Australia opening their doors to many. Sadly, I don't think the US will mend its immigration system until it is forced to by business. Not isolated incidents like Microsoft, but major technologicial lagging as other countries pose a threat.

The real issue here is available visa numbers.

Are you from badly Retrogressed country or rest of world?

I-485 back log

Hi ,
I am not sure how the flood of applications in July - August will impact pending applications,
USCIS will have a new cut off date in October which will most likely retrogress to 2003 for EB2 in which case only applications with priority dates <= Cut off date will get adjudicated.

Immigration-Law.com has useful information most of the time but some posts are not completely accurate.
There was a post on immigration-law.com about travelling abroad after filing I-485.We all know that we don't need EAD to re-enter the country but that's what was mentioned.
I personally used AP document to re-enter US and was never asked to produce an EAD card.

Regards,

Receipts and AP Question

Finally, got my receipts (updated sig):) , no FP notice yet.

I personally used AP document to re-enter US and was never asked to produce an EAD card.

Can someone tell me if it is true that entering with AP is more problematic/riskier than using H-1?
cvb23: By not using your EAD I assume you're keeping H-1 status?

Thanks.

Hi CVB23,

You don't need EAD to re-enter the country as EAD is not a travel document. But when you use your AP to re-enter the country, you loose your H1 status therefore logically when you dont have your H1 status you can not work, therefore you need EAD to work. Thats the reason they say if you are travelling with AP you should have your EAD.

In other words if you use your H1 Visa to re-enter the country instead of AP then you dont need to have EAD as you can work on your valid H1, else you need EAD.

So I feel what mentioned on immigration-law.com is correct.

That is my understanding.

my 2 cents :)