Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

another 485 from june

Eb3- April 4 2003 Pd
I-485 -filed On June 1st 2007
Nd June 4th 2007
Fp July 5th 2007
I 485 Lud 7/5/07,7/6/07

There was a notice from uscis which said they will honur 'oroginal' filing date. How do we use that

It's true.....You can find this information in USCIS website: Press Room link

USCIS is making every effort to address the delay in its data entry and fee receipting process. The prioritization of data entry for specific form-types was a proactive measure on the part of Service Centers to address the unprecedented level of H-1B filings received on April 2nd and 3rd, 2007, as well as the unprecedented level of filings for other immigration benefits. USCIS would like to assure its customers that the delay in data entry and fee receipting will not affect Change of Status or Extension of Stay eligibility, assuming all other eligibility requirements are satisfied. USCIS would also like to assure its customers that per existing policies and procedures, requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days. USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date (the date which the document is date stamped) will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes071307.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true.....You can find this information in USCIS website: Press Room link

USCIS is making every effort to address the delay in its data entry and fee receipting process. The prioritization of data entry for specific form-types was a proactive measure on the part of Service Centers to address the unprecedented level of H-1B filings received on April 2nd and 3rd, 2007, as well as the unprecedented level of filings for other immigration benefits. USCIS would like to assure its customers that the delay in data entry and fee receipting will not affect Change of Status or Extension of Stay eligibility, assuming all other eligibility requirements are satisfied. USCIS would also like to assure its customers that per existing policies and procedures, requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days. USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date (the date which the document is date stamped) will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ReceiptingTimes071307.pdf
Thanks for the link. I will wait for the actual I-797 and then fight this case.

Questions for late june 2007 filers

My lawyer mailed my I-485 to Nebraska and it was received on June 19th 2007. My I-140 was approved in May 2007 with a case SRCXXXXXXX.

As of today (July 18th) the checks were not cashed, there is no notice date, so here are my questions:

1) Is there any case sent to Nebraska that even though they have a deadline of today for entering everything in the system the checks were not yet cleared like my case?

2) Is there anyone who filed end of June in Nebraska and just got a Notice date from Texas?

Receipt Date Vs Notice Date

I am freakin confused on the receipt date and the notice date on the I-797 and the column on 'Service Center Processing Dates' report.

On the last column of the 'Service Center Processing Dates' report, this is what is mentioned: "Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of"

On my I-797, "RECEIVED DATE" column shows June 14, 2007 and the "NOTICE DATE" column shows June 28, 2007. And further irony is, when I go online to check with my SRC number, USCIS note says...."On June 27, 2007, we received your application to adjust status ...blah blah blah.

So, there you have all the details of my case and any body is welcome to decipher from the above details to ascertain what will be considered and what will be not.

My opinion, I really don't care as long as I get my EAD in the next 3 months; I will see how long they can delay approving my I-485.

Sincerely - IE

Thanks for the link. I will wait for the actual I-797 and then fight this case.

Me too. received on June 20th, check not cashed so no receipt #.
My lawyer mailed my I-485 to Nebraska and it was received on June 19th 2007. My I-140 was approved in May 2007 with a case SRCXXXXXXX.

As of today (July 18th) the checks were not cashed, there is no notice date, so here are my questions:

1) Is there any case sent to Nebraska that even though they have a deadline of today for entering everything in the system the checks were not yet cleared like my case?

2) Is there anyone who filed end of June in Nebraska and just got a Notice date from Texas?

I am freakin confused on the receipt date and the notice date on the I-797 and the column on 'Service Center Processing Dates' report.

On the last column of the 'Service Center Processing Dates' report, this is what is mentioned: "Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date of"

On my I-797, "RECEIVED DATE" column shows June 14, 2007 and the "NOTICE DATE" column shows June 28, 2007. And further irony is, when I go online to check with my SRC number, USCIS note says...."On June 27, 2007, we received your application to adjust status ...blah blah blah.

So, there you have all the details of my case and any body is welcome to decipher from the above details to ascertain what will be considered and what will be not.

My opinion, I really don't care as long as I get my EAD in the next 3 months; I will see how long they can delay approving my I-485.

Sincerely - IE
The RD is the date that is important and it will be concidered for your EAD....
forget about the ND this is the date when they process your NOA...That's it....

same here

Mine reached 20th to NSC...but 140 was approved from TSC.I have seen some got the receipt numbers who filed directly to TSC.But I am not sure if we have to be worried as the receipting compliance date for TSC as of 07/13 was for 8/3/07.Not sure if this changes from the USCIS receipting update from tomorrow.

EAD and AP

Hi Vikando and Green Piece,

You don' need EAD to work if you use AP to re-enter the country.
This has been confirmed by my lawyer and mentioned on muliple posts on this forum.I have lost count of how many times this same issue has been posted and responded to by "The Real Canadian".
Also,the immigration officer at the airport asked me if I had an H-1 and no mention of EAD.
I also have a friend whose company uses Fragommen and they have the same opinion.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Same here...my 485 received NSC on June 21st, check not cashed yet and hence don't know receipt #.

Mine reached to NSC on 19 th june.Checks not cashed yet but got Receipt numbers by calling 1-800 number yesterday